Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:37:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beta] Woodland Ridge NEW now 2v2 only  (Read 7593 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 03:07:58 am »

Other input would be adding some ridges like the one you have a screenshot of, to allow for long distance artillery to sit in locations where you have to get far up and on the sides of it reach it with short range weapons like infantry based AT. This can promote more dynamic movement of small skirmish forces to take out artillery that is supporting pushes on middle and therefore promotes areas of the map other than middle. It also gives incentive to spread out and try to protect them with some smart low pop units and field defences, which boosts the strategical aspects of the map. Here's another idea for how these could be placed:

It would also be nice if you would post up a screenshot of the map sectors so we could see how they are distributed and provide input on this. Edit: I saw you had this in the initial post, but the exact sector lines was extremely hard to spot for me at least. Does it look something like this?

I think there definitely could be more and smaller sectors if this above attempt by me to recreate the sectors from the screenshot you posted is accurate. Below is a idea for smaller sectors with a even and strategic location focus:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:33:52 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 03:45:56 am »

You could also consider looking at how mg's in houses will affect the map. Lack of thought around this seems to be consistent in almost all EIRR maps. Usually on a EIRR map there's windows facing in all directions resulting in whether or not to put a mg in a house if the area around the house is being contested to become a non-decision and allowing it to function with little support. Making blind zones with houses not having windows on the sides but the house otherwise granting good cover can further the viability of flanking maneuvers up the sides of the map and forces relocating dynamically.

Another great paint picture is provided to show you what I mean by this.

I also think that it would benefit the fighting of the map if the houses on the left were moved just a tiny bit towards the center.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:53:10 am by Smokaz » Logged
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 10:29:28 am »

You did all that from those three crappy pictures?  Wow. 

Here are some more up to date ones.

Above is an updated and larger picture, it is a 2v2 now, and the starting spots are where they were in the begining.

In this picture in red, you can see all the current shotblocking rocks I have in.  I'm using rocks because they fit better in a foressted then lots of ridges.

Including the buildings I have 4 of the wooden MG bunkers.  I'll probubly add more.

And finaly you can see how the new sectors will be.  Currently there are about 57 sectors, but as the picture shows I'll be murging a whole bunch of htem, and leaving most in the middle. 

Thanks for the input smokaz, just need to get games played on it.  It is a forest map, so I don't want to add to many mroe buildings, theres already tons of yellow cover and fallen logs, Maybe I'll add some sand bags for green cover, but once a battle gets going and bigger things start getting destoyerd (tanks) green cover kinda creates it self. 

That and, it encourages people to build sandbags.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 11:57:10 am »

Quick double post and bump. 

The latest resectored version with input taken from smokaz can be found right here:

http://www.filefront.com/14581055/4p-woodland-ridge.sga/

Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 02:21:28 pm »

Looks good, and was fun to play on last night.

Evil incarnate, devourer of sensitive n00bs, scourge of battlefield, crusader of sanity
speigas

Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »

After thinking about this a little more I think that this map may be just a little too big for a 2v2. When we played on it there was just too much front to cover with only 2 players. If you were shooting for a map where you constantly had to move your forces along the front in order to counter any push you certainly got it. If you were looking for a combat that constantly centered in the middle of the field along more of a fixed line, you might want to change it back to a 3v3. Im sure we will figure it out with more play testing. I will be back online after midnight tonight if you want to test it further.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc