Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:11:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Game Name Calling To All Players  (Read 8239 times)
Armormaven Offline
EIR Regular

« on: September 06, 2009, 09:21:18 am »

Lately I have played two games with other allied players who - whether  justified or not - don't like the way I play and resort to name calling.  In this game with Speigas he resorts to calling me an "idiot" by messaging all players.  

Now I have been known to have a very short temper being a former military guy and a guy who grew up on the streets.  But I have resolved myself as a Christian to not let these type of people make me start cursing and resort to name calling.  

To be clear, Speigas joined a game that I (Numenorion) was already in. He didn't ask me to leave.  I have no problem if "good" allied players don't want to play with me.  I will leave any game if you ask me to.  I would much rather play with a new allied player or an easy going allied player and lose than get in a game with someone who wants to tell you exactly what you are doing wrong in the middle of the game and then let all the other players know you are an "idiot".  

I only play allied but I have played Axis and I must be honest and say this is much more prevalent with allied players than Axis.  In fact I have never had a Axis player be rude to me "in game".  

Lately it takes longer and longer to get a game even when there are 24 or 25 players in the launcher and I believe if this type of behaviour isn't curtailed instances of harassment and grief accounts are just going to increase.  

http://www.filefront.com/14478029/EuropeInRuinsBattle.zip

Please watch this and let me know if I acted anyway inappropriately.  Also to be correct he accuses me of leaving but you can clearly see I was still bringing on units after he had left.  Also to be real ironic I got just as many kills as he did - 33.  Yet I am the idiot.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:38:36 am by Armormaven » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:25:46 am »

Yes, some people tend to get mean when the game is not going as planned, don't take it personal Smiley.
If it occurs on multiple instances and you take offence don't hesitate to report said individuals to the moderators, they will take it from there. Getting upset over a game is one thing but harassment is something we will not tolerate.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:49:29 am »

The attitude to new/bad players is really unacceptable sometimes, and its usually from weak to middling players.

Speigas should know better but do not take any one like that seriously, just avoid them.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:03:03 pm »

Speigie can be mean sometimes, but if he tells you that you failed, or that you played like a complete retard, you usually deserve that. He rarely looses his temper, unless you REALLY fuck up all the game long, big time.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »

I can sympathize with rage

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:07:58 pm »

ditto here. I rarely go off on a new guy or anybody unless I feel like they did something really egregious

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 12:15:22 pm »

anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark side. I cannot get angry at EIR, frustrated sure but not genuinely angry.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:17:50 pm »

Im a nerd at eirr, bad play offends me
Speigass Offline
banzai
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 12:19:49 pm »

Sorry... but you know I am evil incarnate.

Also I can prove I was right in doing so:

http://mw1.meriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot
# Function: noun
# Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ydiote, from Latin idiota ignorant person, from Greek idiōtēs one in a private station, layman, ignorant person, from idios one's own, private; akin to Latin suus one's own
1 : usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardatio That is too much in our case.
2 : a foolish or stupid person

It is simple logic. Person that behaves in a stupid way is idiot.
Charging rr airborn into mp40 volks is not the wisest move (we could call that  even stupid). Leaving units idle for prolonged amount of time is also unwise...

But when person does that multiple times... Well... you know the outcome... sorry, but I do not sugar coat. I was called names when I was newb in EIR and I deserved that. Even now people should call me names, because I play like idiot sometimes.

I almost forgot to add. Calling someone names in game means that you doubt their mental power in this game... not in general, because obviously you ussually lack enought information to draw such conclusions.

Regards,

Evil incarnate, devourer of sensitive n00bs, scourge of battlefield, crusader of sanity
speigas

Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 02:17:32 pm »

I wouldn't worry about it too much. People always say things like that during games. It's like when you get into a fight with a friend... pop him in the mouth a couple of times, then buy him a beer after. Lately I've been using AmPm's method of yelling at my encouraging my team over ventrilo. Very effective at times.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:06 pm »

Nubs are just like me and you, build a great company for the newb, give him basics before going into battle and once on the battlefield coordinate him and you will be happy, i did, this newbs first time we beat 2 lvl 7 accounts in a 2v2, yay for us.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
BigDick
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 03:12:13 pm »

actually it is not a nice move to call your teammate names during a game
let it be by thing like "i need support here, call in some AT, you really need to push or we lost"

better do that after the game and tell him what he did wrong too

i think the most people try to give their best (in some case either to win or to vet their companies)
but u will distract them and yourself by to much raging during the game
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 04:19:39 pm »

I have no problem with noobs or bad players, but if they suck and still try to insult my gameplay or say I suck then they might cross the line.

Armormaven Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 04:36:42 pm »

Well it hurts me because I used to have a lot of respect for the top allied players in this mod knowing how hard it is for allies to get those kinds of records and kinds of results.  And I have no problem with a team mate yelling (I'm not 8 years old).  I played with LittleHillyBilly and he "not so softly" explained to me why bombing runs always should go East to West and not North to South.  But I appreciated it especially considering I accidentally took out a Vet3 Rifle of his (which he thankfully got back on re-roll).  

But I just lose respect for guys like Speigas and Draken who join a game with you and then berate you in game and for ALL to intentionally see as if somehow that explains why they may lose.  

Funny thing was in the game with Littlehillbilly he kept yelling and telling me "...now we are going to lose" and we actually won the game.  Then we spoke with the Axis guys, the veteran player on that team said he had been yelling at his team mate also telling him "....now we are going to lose!"  

So yelling, getting upset I may deserve it but berating or name calling for all in game players to see really shows a lack of class - or a lack of sleep!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:39:01 pm by Armormaven » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 05:05:18 pm »

Armor.  People get frustrated in game when things aren't going their way, and yelling ensues, but like bigdick said(wow), its not constructive.  I agree the top players tend to become huge assholes if you aren't playing perfectly at times, but you just need to ignore it and not play on their side again if you have a choice.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 08:01:57 pm »

or become thickskinned and yell back at them.... get good and mad and tell them to shut their mouthes, it works everynow and then and it always is a good fun release of pressure
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 08:11:33 pm »

we are all guilty of it... HEll me and EIR mod when he play... you would think we were in mexico jail and the other inmates knew we were mules for drugs..

We yell and get pist and he winges and complaines then i tell him his mod sucks.... 

After the game, if we lost we bo0th quite, if we win we laugh.  But in the eend we talk have some fun and play nice on occasion.  Its our personalities btu we also don;t take it to personally. 

Its not an excuse to say " Someone is some way"  If they are that way, they need to know to apologize, and if they dont, and it was serious and you felt they need to, shit, report their ass for beign abusive.  It will be handled. 

Everyone forgets when they didn;t know everything. 

Sorry it had to happen, btu either have a talk with that operson and stand up for yourself, or let it happen.  Most people yell liek that because the other person never says word one, so they treat them as if they were 8, No excuse but its more then likly the reason, also, if its bad enough... Just leave the game, or mute them on vent. 

Just rember... try to have some fun.  enjoy it.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 08:33:48 pm »

I think there is a difference between calling someone a noob, which is a comment on his skill with EIR, and calling someone an idiot, which is an insult on his intelligence.

Just saying.   
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »

wait what?

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:53 pm »

The pot calling the kettle black.....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc