Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:45:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few complaints  (Read 12980 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:18 am »

okay that is a huge company 24 grens how do you lose

because you keep wasting units to make sure you get your assault ability off
and you lack on AT especially against light vehicles

but same to you you should try it yourself and you will notice its strength and its weaknesses

against a player who blobs and has mostly infantry (no mgs because trading a gren +50 mun for a recrewable mg is not good) you will do very good
vs other players its more meh

and commandos will completely own you

"pop smoke - 50 mun wasted - trollolol rape grens"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:29:24 am by BigDick » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 02:38:52 am »

Assault is a risk and reward. It is best suited when fighting versus BAR and Bren spam and ensures you a freedom of passage from the SF and Destruction of the Button (The ONLY Reliable and Fast counter to button)

Doing a assault means you lose control of the said squad and it is either running to doom, or to victory. 240mp 50mun for grens, 195mp 60 mun for volks. Either way, squad dies or loses majority of its combat performance during assault.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 03:04:00 am »

also 1 pineaple grenade kills 3-4 volks usually,witohouth a problem,should they be toned down then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcn32s5o8KI&feature=BFa&list=PL23DE0699AA4C2163&index=8
Wink

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 03:10:18 am »

You dont need to spam them to have success. In fact it seems stupid to keep assuming that they will be equally surprised each time you use it.
You just need to use it at the moment where you want them to fall back no matter what, since they hardly will have any chance at hitting you on top of having to run to avoid getting hit too much. It forces their hand. Plus if you use it from a flank up close, the squad will draw a lot of fire without taking much damage so that other units can move in.

"maybe cuz you dont control your units when you use assualt   Roll Eyes"

Maybe not during the ability (when they are practically immortal anyways vs anything but crush) but you can micro rightbefore it. If you are in cover before you activate, they will not do the little dive forward revealing that they are assaulting. You are also "picking" the right time to use it. Plenty of decision making! So the "no micro" card doesnt really apply.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 03:25:04 am »

If you are in cover before you activate, they will not do the little dive forward revealing that they are assaulting.

that only applies if you have Joint Ops,if you dont,you will have big red thing above your head that can be seen from plane,so everyone knows you are assualting...

also when there are houses around,assualt is easily neglected and canceled...
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 03:26:10 am »

Joint Ops = No Assault indicator?

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 03:26:51 am »

that only applies if you have Joint Ops,if you dont,you will have big red thing above your head that can be seen from plane,so everyone knows you are assualting...

also when there are houses around,assualt is easily neglected and canceled...

It makes them throw immediatly instead of doing the little dance? How is that not micro?

I guess you guys would prefer they received less than 50% of what they normally would in terms of firepower, AND be uncrushable. Sounds like a nice deal for 50 munitions, right?

The nades themself are perfectly balanced @ 50 munis, the assault modifier to received dps, less so.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:30:35 am by Smokaz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 03:29:35 am »

Joint Ops = No Assault indicator?

yeah but if your a good player you still have the chance to notice because all squad member run and line up like in a line battle wait 1-2 seconds and then starting to throw nades

but i admit joint ops assault is not that easy to dodge especially if the player use it defensively and put his units in cover and use the ability on charging enemies
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:32:20 am by BigDick » Logged
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 03:33:21 am »

didnt know that if they are in cover,they stay in cover and throw it from it...ok,guess I might start using it from cover...
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 03:36:07 am »

yeah but if your a good player you still have the chance to notice because all squad member run and line up like in a line battle wait 1-2 seconds and then starting to throw nades

but i admit joint ops assault is not that easy to dodge especially if the player use it defensively and put his units in cover and use the ability on charging enemies

Its always the allied guy that is the bad player, right? What if the assault squad just is in cover? They literally instathrow, no dance, no bullshit. A sort squad AI activates when ability is activated, making them move and throw - if , they are out of cover. Come on, assault comes with a huge buff unlike anything else in the game.

didnt know that if they are in cover,they stay in cover and throw it from it...ok,guess I might start using it from cover...

There are tons of small little quirks with coh. Like moving accuracy Cool
BigDick
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 03:36:40 am »

yeah they throw the first salve of grenades from cover than running out of cover if the targeted squad is moving back
but since its hard to dodge with a squad running towards the assault nade squad which does not need to line up first it will work much better than on offensive

they are out of cover. Come on, assault comes with a huge buff unlike anything else in the game.

if they are not in cover it even happens they cannot throw a nade at all if to much crap is in that area (fences, walls wrecks and stuff)

but to dodge assault with icon above is not that hard especially for someone like you who have high cpms and reactions
but i watched your broadcasts and you have an insane amount of unit movement spread out over the whole map (to much muscle maybe) so i quite understand that you have trouble to not miss being assaulted
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:43:09 am by BigDick » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 03:55:31 am »

The bad allied player again, I understand! Always making them dumb mistakes, he is.

Its interesting how you argue how easily one can escape - because its almost impossible to do anything else. You can't shoot the assaulting squad and expect to get your ammo's worth, you can't sit still with the squad they are targeting. Its run away or die - which in its own right can be worth 50 munis. Want that sticky squad away from the ATG? Want that mg killed from the front? Want that ranger squad unable to shoot your bikes as you rush the sniper? You got it. And your unit being nigh invulnerable while your "wasting" the munitions to "probably just make him go into a building" plus the chance to kill something is just a bonus tbh.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:58:28 am by Smokaz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 03:58:01 am »

why you not playing this company then why you playing defensive?

i think before complaining about something everyone should really try such companies himself

The bad allied player again, I understand! Always making them dumb mistakes, he is.

i don't say you are a bad player (actually its the way around) because it seems you have trouble to dodge assault i just said you make much pressure everywhere on the map + backcapping in trade of keep an eye on single units

Its interesting how you argue how easily one can escape - because its almost impossible to do anything else. You can't shoot the assaulting squad and expect to get your ammo's worth, you can't sit still with the squad they are targeting. Its run away or die

its the same with artillery
you run or die...you can't kill it with the unit that being targeted currently only with some other stuff
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:10:37 am by BigDick » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 03:58:34 am »

We've already decided to make some minor changes to assault grenades actually, though I'm not sure if they'll make it in this patch. Also, the Joint Ops assault icon removal is probably going to be replaced with something else over time, it's far too much of a gimmick.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 04:03:27 am »

Even running away doesn't always work. Your squad could easily get block by some world object and end up eating the nades. There's always that one guy who's stuck in a firing animation and can't hurl ass. Either way a 195mp 60 mu unit has blown a hole in your line. Either your squad is running away or its dead.

There's also no way any support weapon can escape the assault nade. Mg, mortar, atg are good as dead if the axis use assault. You have to mirco your atg to walk backward and mg/mortar have to pack up.

The fact that the squad is on automatic is not a clear negative. You lost control of the squad because it's put on automatic control. It's fire and forget. The allied has to manually tell his squad to move away and you have to beware of any map object in your way.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
BigDick
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 04:14:20 am »

the same objects are in the way of nade throwing squad thats no argument

if you don't manually "micro" your targeted squad but just send it backwards using minimap it works well

support weapons have trouble to dodge it as you said but they are called support weapons for a reason....
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

Dont wanna do that buddy! Right clicking on the mini-map is move-attack, not move.

Cool
BigDick
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 04:18:29 am »

right click on tactical map is attack move not mini map
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 05:18:56 am »

There's also no way any support weapon can escape the assault nade. Mg, mortar, atg are good as dead if the axis use assault. You have to mirco your atg to walk backward and mg/mortar have to pack up.

oh yes there is,actually against good players,unless you throw nades from very close proximity,they always managed to dodge assault with support weapons.

We've already decided to make some minor changes to assault grenades actually, though I'm not sure if they'll make it in this patch. Also, the Joint Ops assault icon removal is probably going to be replaced with something else over time, it's far too much of a gimmick.

that is only thing that is worth in Joint Ops,+2 pop in 3v3 is not such a big deal,and 1min less for keep it mowing as t4,yeah,rly exciting...
how is it a gimmick,after first grens squad throws assault,if players has IQ more than chicken,then he knows that that player is running ass nades,and when he sees throw nade icon,you know you should back up,as you would if you saw that they are gonna throw regular nade at you,it rapes more noobs than serious players.
 If I see bren squad closing to my tank,I think it's safely to assume for me,that they want to button me,if I see rifles charging my tank,it's not hard to imagine that they probably have sticky in their pocket. So if you see ungraded grens charging you guys in cover etc. it's safely to assume he probably has assault  Roll Eyes
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 05:32:18 am »

Nobody has mentioned how FAR they throw them to, seriously I've seen nades fly like they were shot out of mortars, its pretty beastly. DOESNT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, BIGDICK. But you have to look at the entire ability, instead of just saying "well if theres buildings or if they lose all map by running away, you lose 50 munis"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc