Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:06:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of points (Brits)  (Read 13967 times)
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:23 pm »

gliders just have to crush a house, and the unit in it is dead!

Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:05:41 pm by acker » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 10:03:37 pm »

I haven't had a chance to play myself =( been busy and probably won't get to play til Mon-Tuesday =(

But I find something horribly wrong with the idea of a mortar HT being able to take down a brit mortar emplacement in 1 hit considering a brit mortar can barrage a HT for hours and not kill it.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »

It's really hard to make certain balance declarations and changes right now though, since we're missing doctrines. Who knows what the Brits have in store (though from what I hear it starts out rough? I haven't gotten into a game yet).

Judging from the podcasts and dev posts, I think that the devs are trying to balance the basic game first before adding other stuff.

In other words, now is the time to fix stuff...before things get complicated. Balancing based on doctrines may not be the best idea, either...not good for the war, since one army will get an advantage over another early on.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:12:21 pm by acker » Logged
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 02:23:55 am »

Changing the survivability of emplacements. Now how far is that gonna take you ? Making them better is just gonna shift the need for more arti focus from the allied side to the axis side.

You can use a tank to kill the mg or flank them, but against competent players, you run the risk on having one enemy mg and sniper crippling your stuff. Again you cant really stay static. And i know it sounds weird cause its the brits :p
But i really hate to read about brits needing more arti to break defences.
Why does it always has to be more arti ?
So, you're telling us to use like a US clone that has no support weapons...
That's what the devs are telling us, as well, in a nutshell.
good going.
I'm not telling you to do anything. Make your own calls.
Also learn to read all posts before posting.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:25:40 am by Schultz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 02:45:40 am »

Why should a mobile mortar ever, ever, EVER outrange a stationary emplacement mortar that has to be built?  Huh

Or be able to kill it in a few hits. It's an emplacement, it should be slightly durable (not godlike like when you try to take it on with infantry in vCoH).

Changing the survivability of emplacements. Now how far is that gonna take you ? Making them better is just gonna shift the need for more arti focus from the allied side to the axis side.

i think the changing of emplacements to this fort knox things was it that screwed up the balance in vCOH

when the brit gets up a mortar emplacement it is pain in this ass for every wehrmacht player in vCOH...

every whermacht player have to try to take down a mortar emplacement on the build or he is kind of fucked up

we shouldn't make emplacements that kind of fort knox in EiR:R
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:26:47 am by BigDick » Logged
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2009, 03:29:40 am »

Either learn to trust the dev team, or simply respect their effort and go with it for a while.  The new mod has been out all of a little more than 24 hours.  They need to consider the balance of units once all faction have their unlocks, not balance without them or else what happens when everyone has Priests, AVRES, Crocs, howis, KTs, etc., etc., etc.,?

Or continue assuming that the current team of devs is going to live with bitching and moaning without repercussions as FL- has in the past.

There is not enough information for a reasonable person to arrive at any conclusions yet.  Aside from being happy that they did this at all, at least recognize that they are releasing things in stages for a reason, and that balance is not something to be judged decisively on day 1.  Every step of balance right now has another step beyond it which will affect it even more.  Things must be looked at with that perspective. 

And just because something hasn't changed yet, don't assume it will every other day.  I thought Ucross put in a good deal of effort, but current balance team is not Ucross, and has a much more patient and long term outlook than in the past.  They also can afford that luxury since much of EIR is being reincarnated, except with 2 extra factions to figure in.
amadeus Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2009, 05:01:05 am »

why are all guys whining about the brits because they cant win as easily as in vcoh? they are just nerfed-.-
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 07:22:30 am »

@amadeus: i thought the point was all factions were supposed to perform equally amongst each other, rather than just having cyclical bouts of overpoweredness and crapness?

I think the devs just made a couple of changes without forseeing the consequences on gameplay in an effort to make the brits less ridiculous than they are in vCoH, which is fine, and now we can move to smooth out the rough edges created.

@bigdick - while i appreciate the point of knox-emplacements being OP, surely you can see now how it's far to easy to a) just kill off the crew with your own mortars in 1 or 2 shots b) rape the emplacements themselves with invisible paks/shrecks?

my main disagreement is still with commandos, buts that's just cause i want them to be fucking awesome =P (well at least for what we are paying now)
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2009, 07:27:52 am »

2 commandos only perform as good as 2 volks MP40 squads. And the favor is in the volks, to be honest.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2009, 07:28:22 am »

i think it is all repeating...

when CoH opposing fronts was released, everyone said Brits they suck..they are so slow...their units are so expensive...their doctrines are crap, they are to static

a couple of month later the people learned to play brits and most where crying: Brits? WTF this OP piece of shit we hate them"

maybe you guys should give it some time, and try some different company builds and tactics

Brits did suck when OF came out, why? Because everyone played PE and they were just unbelievably OP at the time, 1 squad of falls and you'd won the game, then it went to SC -> AC spam.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 07:42:14 am »

After my first game I don't see any problem with brits gamestyle. Of course it's different then in vcoh, but you can still kick ass. Yes they can be easily push out from territory, but with officers and command chain they are really hard oponent. So I see great potential (I haven't used any unlocks yet)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc