Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:43:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormtroopers! WTF  (Read 10826 times)
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »

The last post I saw from you was "KT is OP".

I wrote "in right hands it might be OP" (like many units)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 05:43:50 pm »

rangers get so many bazookaz cuz bazookas suck duh. one bazooka = 75, one scheck = 120 nuff said.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Skaevola2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 05:47:26 pm »

Stormies are for sure not op. Their really expensive, have really screwed up suppresion. (They have like 25% the suppresion recovery of regular grenediers) and their munitions abilities are ungodly expensive. A stormtrooper company pays for their cloak and power, just out attrition them.
mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:30 pm »

while we are on unit stuff, why can axis get double schk or mg42, while my rifleman cant get more than 1 bar?

actually they have 2 bars with upgrade

a next question would be

"and why rangers get so many bazookas?"

they do?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 08:12:42 pm »

Yep, each BAR upgrade gives 2 guns. They do more DPS than a single LMG but less than dual LMG. They also get suppression fire.

I lolz at Stormtroopers being OP as allies...its called use a BAR, suppress them all, then kill them with a flame engineer or croc...or just rifles...especially if you are infantry, 130mp rifles are win.

NationalSozialismus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 08:55:09 pm »

lol at stormtroopers being OP, they are very, very hard to use and have cost efficient usage out of.

I play Axis and Allies equally.
Marine.Apollo Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 11:41:38 pm »

lol stormies OP, if you use them you know how they realy are. i am sory but i beleave you just got owned by a competant axis player there is no OP in that
notenome Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 12:17:35 am »

while I agree that stormies are unrealistic, this isnt a realism mod (unfortunately) and so its gaming that wins, not tactics. Invisibility allows you to surprise and flank, but remember AB can also drop anywhere, and when AB gets surpressed its one fireup away from unsurpression, whilst surpession equals death for stroms, not to mention that stroms need to crawl all the way around without being detected, something AB get for free.

As for glowing red thats assault, it breaks surpression, but they become more vulnereble. If you want to defeat assault just move the target and watch as the infantry get mowed down by all your other troops. Honestly Assault is more useful for breaking surpression then killing things, as most unsupressed units can just move away.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 12:39:56 am »

assault nades wreck anything in a building and any squad you can't move out of the way fast enough. esp volk assault nades. and often times while running away from assault nades one of three things will happen.

1. you are out of range from the nade, but it still kills off a guy or three.
2. even though your squad is out of range one of the nades is thrown late and gets tossed an incredible distance and ends up killing some of your guys.
3. you have two idiot guys who lag behind the rest of the squad and run right through the nades ><

and as far as stormies go. I know some people run all stormy armies, and those that use them right are some of the better players. personally i can't use storms worth crap. take too long to get from point A to point B. plus i just have bad luck with cloaked units.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPmTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 12:52:00 am »

When you see them start to assault, get in or get out of a building depending on if you started in it or not. The change cancels the assault and they will throw no nades.
suederat Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 01:24:49 am »

realism, shme! If a 'real' unit is in camoflage you cant detect it unless it fires or you get on top of it - cloaking is a game version of moving with stealth - not a problem! The versatility of grens or sturmies is wonderful and expensive. This counters the calli spam or raid-assault spam. Learn to counter the effects w/ appropriate technologies. The strongest units can be pinned w/ appropriate strength of attack! Even raid-assault the bane of the axis armor can be pinned in RA-time w/ appropriate fire.

There is balance, it just doesnt feel like it when your vet 2 tiger is nuked or your hmg is naded from volks in cover(a cool vet technique and realistic) Approach target in cover and nade.

My airborne vet 2 units x3 w/ rr is in cover behind a low stone wall - how come it is easily overcome by smg44 carrying stormies x4 running out of cover across open ground toward the wall. This seemed a little like sturmies should have received a lot more damage to cross open ground. Consider, real offensive troops usually need at least a x2 and often a x3 numbers superiority to suppress defenders!

gungunx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 01:51:20 am »

if someone is taking op's post serious he needs a rehab.

if you cannot counter storms or volks who use assault is just...... fail........

ask any old eir player
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:45 am »

Gungun we missed you at the centre !!
gungun
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 02:04:57 am »

lol
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »

You guys are being unnecessarily harsh, he's a pretty new player so give him some solid constructive advice rather than dissing him Tongue.
mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 04:29:43 pm »

Yep, each BAR upgrade gives 2 guns. They do more DPS than a single LMG but less than dual LMG. They also get suppression fire.

I lolz at Stormtroopers being OP as allies...its called use a BAR, suppress them all, then kill them with a flame engineer or croc...or just rifles...especially if you are infantry, 130mp rifles are win.

oh, thats why the other day i picked up 2 bars on the ground with a squad with bar already and it started killing everything pretty easy and quick... 
MrBilly506 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 09:18:50 pm »

Allies have the best inf and axis has a bunch of pathetic dudes that barely make par in the game
You mightsucceed if you throw multiple squads of volks against a couple of allied inf w/bars. HMG teams are an issue but I wouldn't limit the issue to volks alone. EIR is pretty much a special unit/AT gun game with infantry being the point "capturerers" and minor offensive group.

No babies were harmed in the making of this film.
MrBilly506 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »

Allies have the best inf and axis has a bunch of pathetic dudes that barely make par in the game
You mightsucceed if you throw multiple squads of volks against a couple of allied inf w/bars. HMG teams are an issue but I wouldn't limit the issue to volks alone. EIR is pretty much a special unit/AT gun game with infantry being the point "capturerers" and minor offensive group.
Skaevola2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 10:21:30 pm »

lol?

MG's are easily flanked or crushed beneath armored treads. Volks aren't supposed to counter rifle's with bars. Rifles with bars are THE STRONGEST INFANTRY allies get! Use Grenediers, Use Knights cross. Rifleman can hardly touch KCH. Support weapons really aren't that good, considering they get raped by artillery or anything that can get past their arc of fire.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:34 pm »

Although not possible in this game to represent and hard to envisage (you can see everything right).

Cloaking represents a units ability to move up on to and surprise another unit. I hardly think the ability to sneak on to a unit is unfair. Due to the simplicity of the battlefield cloaking is quite hard to show in this game, compared to reality.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc