Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:51:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Need Less Stacking!  (Read 11755 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 03:16:36 am »

What we should do is; People with a higher rank are have their Population reduced by 25% and that'll increase to 75% depending on how much the rank gap is.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 03:21:00 am »

Which runs us into the problem of smurfing/griefing. Gah tough to balance such things. Make newb advantages too good then griefers can mess around, make them too weak and it's as good as not there.

If community ever gets big enough this will be less prominent, but till then -.-
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 05:53:48 am »

Yeah when theres like 4 people in the launcher waiting for a game, being picky is not an issue.

"The Ultimate incentive, will be when the Warmap enters.  You will gain higher outcomes vs players of same or better skill than you would newb stomping.
While some people may not care - and do it anyway for the PPs, they will slowly cause the loss of the war for their side."

How so ?

When warmap comes people will be more than ever willing to stack and perform well, lossing or winning the war wont mean much as their ego comes first.
And what will happen to the players that cause the loss of the war for their side through this? Are they supposed to be marginalized, will people start to avoid them and whine and complain ? And will that be any good ?
Cause in the end it will mean that winning games with 30 - 0 streaks = losing war.

How about :

a) Implement a different system for ranking people. Stacking exists because of the way players are valued and get aknowledged. Maybe this needs to change or modified.
A system that will take in mind helping your faction in campaign, proving yourself, getting pps, xp while not having to stack against new people.

B) Assign a group of players in a battlegroup, give benefits for them playing together. Group should be rotated and changed constantly.
Assign small disadvantages for people of different battle groups playing together constantly, like games not giving pps for time period. No advancement in rank, vet % loss when lossing etc.

Some thoughts.

Then lets also have meeting engagements, that will not influence war campaign, or if so in a slightly way.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:25:38 am by Schultz » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 07:06:54 am »

Cant wait for these noob bonuses, if i see some stackers ill go make a new account, get a few mates to do it aswell and spank the stackers rotten.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 07:21:59 am »

Rofl.... you people need to go back and read *again* the Secrets Revealed threads, forget about having "agressive bonuses" like strafes or bombing runs haha..

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:55 am »

Hes gonna spank the stackers by dropping roflmaopwn 30 cals and mortars of doom on us.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:35 pm »

You win some and you lose some, if your suppose to be a good player but only beat new players what does that say to how good you are?

If you are that good you dont need to stack ..

1 other thing I have noticed is that some people when playing with new players dont give advise they just wait till things go bad and start blaming the new guy ..
 If you are a experienced player that has played the map before give some advise about the map and as to what tactics you are using before the game starts just because you know the map and game like the back of your hand does not mean the new guy will..

Rocksitter

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 03:12:19 pm »

You win some and you lose some, if your suppose to be a good player but only beat new players what does that say to how good you are?

If you are that good you dont need to stack ..

1 other thing I have noticed is that some people when playing with new players dont give advise they just wait till things go bad and start blaming the new guy ..
 If you are a experienced player that has played the map before give some advise about the map and as to what tactics you are using before the game starts just because you know the map and game like the back of your hand does not mean the new guy will..

Rocksitter

I hated when people gave me advice, i just didnt reply or it would be "stfu u prick i know what im doing"

Maybe thats just me
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 03:23:46 pm »

Well if people don't want to be helped there is not much that can be done. They can not listen to advise as long as they do not whine afterwards.
SyKoFanTlvl2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 04:04:55 pm »

I hated when people gave me advice, i just didnt reply or it would be "stfu u prick i know what im doing"

Maybe thats just me

Thats just silly dude... If ur opponent is willing to give you some friendly and helpful advise after a game, you should take the opportunity to learn something from a player thats probroably more experienced than yourself.

Being a sore loser and telling him to "GTFO" just doesnt help for shit, and is bad attitude in general. If thats the way u treat people who wants to help you, then PLZ stop posting in any of the balance threads since u obviously dont even wanna try to handle the problems ur having before crying NERF NERF NERF.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 04:08:45 pm by SyKoFanTlvl2 » Logged
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 04:29:54 pm »

Maybe thats just me

Thats just silly dude... If ur opponent is willing to give you some friendly and helpful advise after a game, you should take the opportunity to learn something from a player thats probroably more experienced than yourself.

Being a sore loser and telling him to "GTFO" just doesnt help for shit, and is bad attitude in general. If thats the way u treat people who wants to help you, then PLZ stop posting in any of the balance threads since u obviously dont even wanna try to handle the problems ur having before crying NERF NERF NERF.

I think he meant teamates during a game, I found that kinda annoying too.  (Oddly, I don't mind taking orders, hmm)
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:52 am »

Yes teammates, and its shit like move that sherman up there, right into the 4 paks that just raped your sherman? no thanks.

Then you get into the score screen and you have a gazillion points when they have 5k Shocked
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 07:19:51 pm »

Sometimes playing with unfamiliar players punishes you badly. I prefer playing with those people I know play in a way doesnt bother me or is detrimental to my units/gameplay. Even against other poor players, playing with a guy who sits at his spawn repairing tanks or lets your units hold the frontline alone can cause you to lose tons of vet or otherwise gives you a hard time. Especially when its obvious that the only reason this is being done is to preserve or vet up his/her own units.

My vet 3 nebel, vet 2 mortar, vet 2 pak, vet 2 grens all died in a game because a certain player after being told that it was not fun or acceptable for me kept repairing his unvetted tanks outside his spawn or letting me be double-teamed by the opposing players/failed to field forces when I was being attacked. That is not fun at all for anyone who experiences it and these players I therefore avoid and not in any way recommend to other players to play with.

I do not mind losing vet or games, I do mind players who knowingly give you a hard time by their ingame behaviour. When I lose vet or games on top of this and I know it was unneccessary, it annoys me. Recently I have taken a couple of chances with unfamiliar players because there are so many new players and while some of them are very friendly and will do their best, a few others are just plain ignorant and disregard any sound advice you give them. Don't be surprised if you're not wanted or invited to a game when its commonly known you operate in such ways as a player ingame, its your own fault.

Laggers, noobs, griefers.. you can go on the opposing team, except for laggers, you can go get a job and buy a decent internet connection.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:22:05 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 07:46:10 pm »

Chomp, comp, chomp.
tl:dr

Hows your Paeter.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,