Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:37:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 006 Bugfix  (Read 12029 times)
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »

I was told about this superbug earlier today, and my first question was "has it been reported?".  I was then informed that it had been reported and there was no need for me to personally report it.

I get PM's in vent from EIRRMOD and Unkn0wn implicating I had companies using this bug, which was sad but a part of their detective work I guess. I was shown it in action in a test game with Elitegren and Baine, but had no clue how to do it myself and no interest in it either.

It's sad that we had to do a reset to clear up people trying to get ahead in the game by abusing bugs, but I guess that's for the benefit of everyone so everyone knows noone has exploit-companies.

Just to clear things up with unknown and eirrmod.
I asked how long you had known.

I had a list of people who had 'known' - and a list of people who had more selections than normal.

If you find a bug like this, even if someone says 'its been reported' unless that person is a mod or dev, report it anyway.

Well thats good that now have it set in stone that we should report regardless of other people reporting. I've "known" elitegren and played coh with him for 1+ year so I had zero reason to believe that if he said he had reported he really had not done so and instead purposely abused the bug. Anyways, I can see how its upsetting if there's a impression that people would rather abuse and exploit than report, but I really dont think thats how it is with any players in EIRR.

You know, I personally believe you.

But still, you did have a company that used it though.

And I'm sorry, but doing something that you know is wrong - even if you didn't use it for your own benefit, it should have occurred to you to "CYA" (cover your ass) and report it, whether or not someone else said that they did.

You really should have known better.  And you also know better than to think that nobody used it for their benefit either.  I do truly believe you, but you know what I'll believe most?

The SQL never lies.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 06:09:17 pm »

I can tell you that smokaz didnt abuse this bug 100%.

After it was reported I showed him a screenshot of this bug, but I did not tell him or god who knows else how to do it.

So unless baine or draken spilled the beans, (which I honestly dont believe they did) he didnt even know how to do it.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 06:15:07 pm »

After it was reported I showed him a screenshot of this bug, but I did not tell him or god who knows else how to do it.

So unless baine or draken spilled the beans, (which I honestly dont believe they did) he didnt even know how to do it.

So it was them!~

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 06:35:25 pm »

Thats just not true, and I'd like to be told what profile it was associated with if there's any doubt still.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 06:41:01 pm »

Correct, Smokaz did not abuse this bug.

This is not a witch hunt, I did not name people for a REASON.
Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 06:42:21 pm »

Thats just not true, and I'd like to be told what profile it was associated with if there's any doubt still.

Sorry Smokaz, so you didn't, my bad... although it didn't make sense to me why you were replying to this thread in the manner that you did.  That's what gave me that impression.

But you're still entirely full of shit if you think other people in the community wouldn't abuse things like this for their own gain.   Roll Eyes
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 06:44:47 pm »

Maybe a small minority at best, and that's just my impression from the people I personally play the most with. I have utmost faith in the community! HEP HEP HEP
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 06:47:18 pm »

there is a bug w/ MI.
Apparently I get unlimited MIs when it said in the launcher i only get one....strange...

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 06:56:21 pm »

That's how it worked, I never abused it I just knew how it worked.

so draken... you knew about it but you didnt report it?
and then we believe you that you didnt abuse it?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 07:01:18 pm »

Wink

lol, I'm about to make everyone who used it ragequit to OMG, I lost 2 f******* vet 3 jagds thanks to them, I already have 1 in my blacklist, Smokaz did well to explain what happened because he would have been the 2nd, sigh.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 08:49:00 pm »

Wink

lol, I'm about to make everyone who used it ragequit to OMG, I lost 2 f******* vet 3 jagds thanks to them, I already have 1 in my blacklist, Smokaz did well to explain what happened because he would have been the 2nd, sigh.

If you did it your jagd would have +10 rnage be as accurate as a sniper and as fast as a motorbike.

It wouldnt have died.

I just wish we could have EIR LOL week where everyone gets every single doctrine ability 5 of every tier and 3 of every resource bonus.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »

airborne would still win

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 12:39:30 am »

tankhunters would win tbh

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 04:03:01 am »

That's how it worked, I never abused it I just knew how it worked.

so draken... you knew about it but you didnt report it?
and then we believe you that you didnt abuse it?

I knew how it worked but never used it ingame, I did in accident yesterday but I didn't knew how exactly it worked, then someoe told me but I never played on account with this exploit, it was fixed like 2 hours after I knew how it worked, so even if I wanted to use it was fixed to fast.

So no. I never used it ingame.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 05:00:44 am »

Waah waah Killer, how hard is it to vet up a jagd? The thing never dies
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 01:08:01 pm »

No trolling, thanks mentor.

This thread has run its course.

Sorry to those who lost precious units.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc