Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 10:48:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US M10  (Read 5378 times)
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 02, 2009, 02:21:12 pm »

The M10 as we all know occasionally fires blanks and Relic would probably never fix this issue. So I was thinking, why not just reskin a Sherman into the M10 and give it the same stats to fix the problem. What do you guys think?
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:06 pm »

use it like a tiger, everytime it's about to fire press halt and it will never misfire.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:27 pm »

Not a chance for the suggestion. Use wildsolus's advice

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 02:38:50 pm »

i you can either do what wild says, but im pretty positive as long as you aren't giving an order when it fires you are good. so your m10 fires, you can keep clicking to move it, but stop clicking a second before it takes its next shot, let it fire, then start clicking again.

it sucks because microing two m-10s around a tiger is difficult enough, adding this in makes it harder. but if you have experienced loaders, you can tear up a tiger crazy fast, can't even imagine it with AP rounds.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 02:45:00 pm »

But again you're talking about doctrine buffs from Armor Company...

For US infantry and US Air... they are horrible tanks.  I'm busy microing the infantry and flanking with them, and I have to worry that my speedy tank killers can't really use their speed in order to kill tanks because of misfires?  And I had one tank last game stand still, and it misfired 3 times in a row for some reason, ended up killing the immobilized hezter (what he was aiming at originally) with rangers because I couldn't get a dang shot off.

I say let's use the M18 stats but buff penetration and lets call it an M10 or something, or make M10s half price for how ineffective they are unless something is point blank with the paper thin tank....  Cry

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:25:32 pm »

the misfire bug is a tracking problem.
reduce the time between shooting and bullet comes out to 0 and move that time somewhere else.
That or increase turret rotation so it can actually shoot while moving.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:57 pm »

i you can either do what wild says, but im pretty positive as long as you aren't giving an order when it fires you are good. so your m10 fires, you can keep clicking to move it, but stop clicking a second before it takes its next shot, let it fire, then start clicking again.

it sucks because microing two m-10s around a tiger is difficult enough, adding this in makes it harder. but if you have experienced loaders, you can tear up a tiger crazy fast, can't even imagine it with AP rounds.
I've had times when the M10 fired blanks even after giving it an order(around 1 sec after). About the suggestion, whats there to lose?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:38 pm »

I usually have no problems with misfires when i just click and let it move , if i'm doing too much clicking and micro with the m10 it will misfire, but if i just click and then click somewhere else it works fine. The main problem with the m10 is the wind-up, every ballistic weapon misfires, tanks, at guns, assault gun shots etc, the problem with the m10 is the wind up time so when it misfires, it can't quickly fire again like all other tanks, kinda the same with the tiger but because of its armor and health and weapon damage, the misfire isn't as critical as it is with am m10.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 12:41:52 am »

Remove it's wind-up time, replace it with a higher reload time.

The misfire problem is fixed, and don't give us crap about it "looking silly" due to the animation, because it looks a WHOLE lot more silly when the shell doesn't fly out 50 times in a row.

pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 01:25:13 am »

i agree, remove the windup. Salan has also done a lot of variations with the tanks, I don't see why this couldnt be easily fixed by change the gun to a 76 mm sherman with better damage/pen/rate of fire. (basically bringing it in line with the current gun, although this isnt necissary if we just do what myst suggested. More or less incase theres some other issue and this might be one solution)

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 02:40:56 am »

The misfire problem is fixed, and don't give us crap about it "looking silly" due to the animation, because it looks a WHOLE lot more silly when the shell doesn't fly out 50 times in a row.

If you remove windup it will fire instantly on every first or "ambush" shot, won't it? That's an entirely bigger problem.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 03:12:26 am »

It has no ambush shot.

And wind-up is only an added delay before each shot. It could damn well be replaced with extra reload or wind-down, not buffing it per say, but fixing the wind-up bug.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 06:01:40 am »

If you remove windup it will fire instantly on every first or "ambush" shot, won't it? That's an entirely bigger problem.
no, there is aim time which is where we'd put the windup... unless that screws the m10 to he old stug.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 07:15:41 am »

If we added the wind-up into aim time the M10 would litelarly never shoot.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:20:15 pm »

If we added the wind-up into aim time the M10 would litelarly never shoot.
yes and if we moved wind-up to reload it would be able to instantly shoot and run away too well.

hm....

the problem is aimtime+windup are essentially the same thing on the m10 since it needs to have turret tracking throughout both processes. is there a timer before aim time and after reload? for instance i start aiming 0.3 seconds after it sees the enemy but doesn't need to track the target for those 0.3 seconds would essentially move the timer and fix the problem.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 02:23:02 pm »

Why is the M10 being able to perform like EVERY SINGLE OTHER TANK IN THE GAME problematic, exactly?
No other tank has such huge wind-up issues - tanks sometimes do the funky wind-up bug, but they don't go into a reload phase after it, they still get their shot off instantly when they have their target in sight.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 02:26:13 pm »

Why is the M10 being able to perform like EVERY SINGLE OTHER TANK IN THE GAME problematic, exactly?
No other tank has such huge wind-up issues - tanks sometimes do the funky wind-up bug, but they don't go into a reload phase after it, they still get their shot off instantly when they have their target in sight.

either you fucked up or sarcasm fail.

the m10 is not the same as the other tanks because it appears to confirm shot fired before the windup and not after it.
Thats my guess then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc