Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:33:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna know how to stop that pesky T17/Airborne combo?  (Read 4238 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: September 23, 2009, 09:37:48 pm »

Watch and take notes, Class is in session.

3vs3 on Tanteville

Axis:
Groundfire, Crazy, O4B,
vs.
Allies:
Puddin, Mukip, Killer

Good game by all, with O4B proving that Terror Ferocity players are broken.

That Airbourne spam can be handled, if you got enough LMGs

T17s die to tanks, and scouted paks. (dont give me an excuse, you should have one tank on the field at all times)

Dont fear the sticky... Might as well have 7 thrown onto one tank, than one thrown onto 7 tanks.

Blob pushes vs. Pincer flanking tactics

And a little supply drop griefing at the end. (Just for the lulz)

Much Love Puddin  Grin

http://www.filefront.com/14589685/Desktop.7z
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:54:35 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:45:47 pm »

can you give a rough breakdown before i spend my English class watching the game??

Also, I lost a game due to not enough anti-infantry units, so airborne get double damage at each vet level.

More changes to come.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:10 pm »

ummm i had ab teamtes in a house fighting MG42s....  And the brit said by end game, he didn;t reallyllike hsi company and he has to overhaul it.. 

So meh. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:33:12 am »

Well played, but it didn't seem so hard. You had plenty of units when they got annihilated.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:46:12 am »

Yeah, it proves that you need 3 players that play like 90% of their games together only, and about 3 terror to stop them with infinite hordes of grens with zeal/ferocity backed up by geschutz, woot, thanks for the advice.

I've refrained from stacking for weeks, but this kind of games really make me wish release the stacker inside me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:48:38 am by Killer344 » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:22:28 am »

We should open a can of kickass deluxe on this hooligan team next time we see them in launcher, but truth be told all the members of the old Smokaz protegé stack squad don't play enough to pose a threat anymore. Killer, draken, gamesguy, mal, elitegren.. they are just not that active anymore causing bad lemon trees like this team to carry forth their fruit. Unkn0wn barely plays.. I'm stuck with rattenwaffe which you guys know wont joine me against competent opponents. The old brigade has basically retired. Oh well I might as well lay down to die too, or i'll end up as a silent team chat man sitting in 3v3s with computer and wittmann.

edit: 3 full terror players against 3 equally skilled allied players would probably by extremely tough for the allies to beat.. all the terror companies have to do is eliminate all snipers or infantry units that can deal with terror infantry and then have hefty amounts of tanks/AT on the field --> allies are screwed.

Terror doesn't need anything from any other doctrines, they don't NEED 88s, they dont need anything from PE. There's no big openings in the terror armor, no weak points to poke. Terror is like the cloned hellspawn child of Bruce Lee, Arnold Schwarzeneger and Albert Einstein. Strong, fast and smart.

What irks players probably the most about terror is how easy it is to get the most out of your affected units.. the majority of buffs is passive stuff that you don't have to micro or think a lot to get good use out of.

A tear runs down my cheek for Mudkip, the biggest thorn in my side available in EIRR.. oh how the mighty has fallen.

RIP old stack gang, long live the new stack gang
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:27:06 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:14:31 am »

I think that game was pretty awsome. T17 spam destroyed and hordes of vet 3 RR AB's chased off the field. Good play from Axis side, not so good from allied side...those hordes of rifles in a one blob were awful to see xD

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:47:37 am »

Now smokaz, you say it was a 3 terror player rape fest

I say, my terror co. is only lvl 2. with IA and fitness having been bought.

Crazy's co. I believe is defensive lvl 4, and if it is terror, he was also low enough in his level to not have the crazy passive buffs.
Mabey at best, zeal, but thats it.

O4b was the only one with a fully developed terror co.

We thought we were going to get raped. I dont know how we did as well as we did, but Terror infantry wasnt as much of a crutch as you think it was.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:15:49 am »

My apologies, I assumed what killer wrote in his post was correct. 3 fully terrors would probably still be frustratingly hard to play against seeing as how it's considered the most powerful wehr doctrine.

Still we should do a game with 3 full terror's against you three's allied companies and see how it turns out. I believe computer, elitegren and myself have tree nearly maxed or complete terrors. Maybe someone else have it as well, I know mine is incomplete in terms of advantages and a T3 but its reached the point where it has all the stuff it needs to compete in terms of it's strongpoint, its infantry.

That said I think the current discussion about wehrmacht doctrines usually pinpoint terror as the strongest overall. I also actually don't think 3 terror's is the ultimate combination of 3 wehrmacht companies, but its has the most:

1) buffed units
2) artillery
3) best company "economy"

So it's always kinda wanted. However the other two doctrines provide better utility abilties/units and tanks because in the current environment range and damage is better than health and received penetration. The thing is that terror fielding heavy infantry just has so much more manpower and munitions to put into their buffed units than blitz can put tanks in or defensive can put..whatever in. Because it affects such a large range of their units once they go infantry heavy.

If I was setting up a ultimate wehrmacht 3v3 team, it would lean towards 2 terrors and a blitz, or 1 of each doctrine with specialized builds:

Terror - Grenadiers, pios and volks for infantry - bikes, geschutz, a terror officer, a fear the fire nebel should make up the majority of this company's resources. Fitness/double lmgs/extra supplies/zeal/firestorm/medikits/V1/propaganda/ferocity should make up its doctrine choices. Basically the fleshy infantry spam coupled with ample bike spam against snipers and fuel-based AT to put even more munitions into its infantry and the deadly nebel to break up allied support units. Pios build defenses and lays double mines. I run this kind of company.

Defensive - Mg42/Mortar spam w/sniper with double shrek grens, paks and swimmwagons, depending on map a 88. P4's. Rocket arty, omniscience, supervising officer would make up some of its doctrine choices. It would provide heavy AT options, support units and sight range with lots of recrewing volks. P4/puma spam for its fuel. Flanking or surprising the wehrmacht players would become hard with Omniscience, moving paks are extremely helpful and double shrek grenadiers pack a punch. Blitz panthers could be supervised. Misten has something like this.

Blitz - 2 panthers and the rest in p4s. Double bundle stormies, assault volks and a small amount of double shrek storms for infantry. No paks. The blitz panthers sit supported by shreks and geschutzwagons to take out the american tank destroyers coming for the defensive p4's. Tank destroyers not being able to close the distance would struggle immensily against a supervised heat round barrel panther with any kind of at support. The blitz infantry break up camps with assault and bundle nades. wittmann could probably adjust his company to something like this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:24:26 am by Smokaz » Logged
o4b Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:50:23 am »

Yeah, it proves that you need 3 players that play like 90% of their games together only, and about 3 terror to stop them with infinite hordes of grens with zeal/ferocity backed up by geschutz, woot, thanks for the advice.

I've refrained from stacking for weeks, but this kind of games really make me wish release the stacker inside me.

How this is a stack I have no idea. Our avg. level - 4, yours - 6. Yeah we play a lot of games together, but two of our number don't play wehr much. And for the "infinite hordes of grens", what should I buy with the rest of my MP when I have no fuel left? (and for the record I have only 10 grens)

Quote from: EvilNRG
Pakman 1 : Hey look a slow  / dmg  vehicle is coming Pakman 2: snipe him while he is trying to escape. Pakman 3 hmm the English tea taste nice from what we got from the last staghound
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 10:55:33 am »

I'm actually blitz...and my company did look a lot like what Smokaz posted as ideal...2 panthers, 1 p4, 1 stug, lots of assault volks paired with lmg grens.  But it was only a lvl 4, with a total of 2 doctrine unlocks(assault and double nades/fausts, which is useless, since it doesn't affect assault nades).  Anyways, I didn't think this game merited posting tbh, because even though the names on the allied side were top notch, the game wasn't all that close.  But I don't really like posting games I win anyways.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 10:57:04 am »

I agree, not a stack.

Too much whine from Killer.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 11:23:05 am »

B-Sach, you should come online more :d
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 03:12:49 pm »

Well to comment on this replay's play since nobody has done that so far..

Early game

Pudding completely left his teammates alone during the first cruical engagement strolling around with his three t17s on the mostly abandoned left side. Killer and Mudkips had abundancy of AT, puddin had no real AT.. yet he thought it was a good idea to run off to the sides when all three axis players were hitting the city with A LOT of infantry. He eventually decides to roll back into the city when the allied team has already been completely bumrushed and broken, leaving both mudkip's and killer's cores devastated.

After the first engagement, killer and pudding tries to make some action happen with the t17s and a sherman against a lot of axis infantry supported by a pak and P4s..meanwhile mudkips is idling on the right, finally moving in after the allied armor has mostly been lost, running his unupgraded tommie squad past a almost full health 42 sitting next to a building adjacent to a lot of grenadiers/volks.

Around 8 minutes, after all of the above, a more teamy type of push is made on the right where puddings 4 bar/sticky blob caps a pak and then turns it the wrong way as axis armor moves in.. he then sacrifices all 4 squads to (almost) kill a stug and they retreat.

From here its anyone's game, though axis has preserved their force and recrewables a lot better than allies.

Mid late game.. around 20 minutes the allied basically loses the game to o4b's ferocity shreks attacking a firefly and some t17s backed by a panther.

Around 22 minutes theres a extremely nice m10 move by pudding, almost taking out a geschutz and crushing some shrek squads. Grin

24 minutes.. pudding is saving his vet and having full health t17s camp outside his spawn while his allies dies during a push.

Well to sum up the game from this point, early game losses that are too hard to recover from and united we stand, alone we fall. I watched it from puddings perspective so what he was doing was most apparent to me Tongue

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:14:27 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc