Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:55:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATG's Should NEVER hit infnatry  (Read 5815 times)
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:09 pm »

What do people think of changing ATG'S to never hit infantry and other support weapons ( except other atg's). It only happens sometimes, but its really lame when it does happen, especially when that unit is very expensive, or is a sniper, or when your MG is countered by a ATG just 2 shotting the actual mg itself. its silly, and adds nothing to game play except frustration.

I am more concerned about sniping an atg than a rifle squad, because in the last 6 games ive played, ive lost 2 snipers to an ATG counter snipe, I was not in negative cover. This kind of shit can change whole games, and its silly to me and just ruins the game to a degree.

what are people's thoughts?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »

I think it is a rly ghey thing that happens and it hurts Axis most because of smaller squad sizes.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »

Its one of those things that makes coh exciting and fun to play IMO.

The game can't be completely chance less (go play chess if you would rather).

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:48:14 pm »

I agree completely.

Stop trying to make this a game of rock paper sicissors. It's a game of precentages and soft counter, and everything gets hit by some degree, by everything else.

Drop these pre-concieved notions that units in this game have a designated role. ATGs have a like 10% of hitting infantry. Thats enough incentive for me to actively target your men with them.

an AT gun is a "gun" after all.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:51:07 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:52:55 pm »

I know what you mean, but losing a sniper to atg is game changing. Its got to a point where I am more scared of firing a sniper when at atg is around than a jeep, its fucking stupid.

ATG's should not be a sniper counter, ever. I know its an extreme example, but all I know is ive seen it far too often recently. Its ridiculous. Ive even stopped using paks due to 57 sniping tbh.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:57:17 pm by winisez » Logged
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:56:16 pm »

Don't shoot at it in red cover, that increases your received accuracy. Also if you shoot the guy actually on the gun (clicking the guy is the one the sniper will shoot) you will prevent the gun from firing back. Other types of cover will make those sorts of snipes less common.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:07 pm »

ATG's are fine. Can't take all the random chance out of the game, it'd be boring.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »

halve accuracy of atgs vs snipers, officers and low man elite inf like KCH wouldnt be bad i think.

placing a stationary HMG right in front of an ATG is just asking for trouble, but with kch assaulting and snipers only being revealed only for short amounts of time you cannot help it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 11:06:33 pm »

Honestly its rare enough as it is, i mean lets look at it this way if some stupid soldier was dancing in the middle of the street infront of your ATG wouldn't you just want to fire at him too?

But in all seriousness it happens, move on i mean i killed my on vet 2 25pdr with my stuart but i don't want to remove friendly fire because of a rare (while memorable) incident

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 11:17:14 pm »

spartan if this was a single isolated incident I would move on, but its not, it happens again and again.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 11:19:15 pm »

ATG's should not be a sniper counter, ever. I know its an extreme example, but all I know is ive seen it far too often recently. Its ridiculous. Ive even stopped using paks due to 57 sniping tbh.

I would find it's easier for paks to snipe 57mm unless they got good LOS and/or are using AP rounds to quickly kill your paks.  Sneak a few paks up with a cloaked scout... spot it.. all ambush shot it.. boom, dead ATG without any counter fire.  Hence why I yell at people to screen their ATGs with a squad of infantry to stop that from happening  Cool

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:57 pm »

spartan if this was a single isolated incident I would move on, but its not, it happens again and again.

What 5 times over the course of a game, not that much... I know i charge ATG's with inf all the time and rarely lose infantry
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:08:17 am »

It happens. Should we go onto other things that shouldn't kill infantry? M-10's and croms shouldn't be vacuum cleaners, stugs shouldn't be able to power slide into infantry, panthers and jagdpanthers are tank destroyers and shouldn't snipe infantry, i shouldn't be losing infantry retreating to a random marder shot, hetzers shouldn't snipe infantry, jeeps shouldn't kill panthers, etc. There's a built in random chance in coh and that's what makes it great. If you want it so atgs dont do anything to infantry, go play command and conquer.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:23 am »

It happens. Should we go onto other things that shouldn't kill infantry? M-10's and croms shouldn't be vacuum cleaners, stugs shouldn't be able to power slide into infantry, panthers and jagdpanthers are tank destroyers and shouldn't snipe infantry, i shouldn't be losing infantry retreating to a random marder shot, hetzers shouldn't snipe infantry, jeeps shouldn't kill panthers, etc. There's a built in random chance in coh and that's what makes it great. If you want it so atgs dont do anything to infantry, go play command and conquer.

+1
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:35 am »

I dunno, my snipers get counter snipped that OK, but when i die to atg's more than other snipers/jeeps/infantry I get a little upset.
LCII^Bun-Bun Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:10 am »

Yeah well saw that vid with the bike killing a vet 2 pershing?

It's the whole "WTF just happened?" thing that makes CoH (and EiR) CoH (and EiR)

Might not be MY Doctirine, but it's so damn close I'll TAKE IT!
FanaticOpposition Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 01:34:13 am »

Honestly its rare enough as it is, i mean lets look at it this way if some stupid soldier was dancing in the middle of the street infront of your ATG wouldn't you just want to fire at him too?

But in all seriousness it happens, move on i mean i killed my on vet 2 25pdr with my stuart but i don't want to remove friendly fire because of a rare (while memorable) incident

That was hilarious...well, not really, we need that pounder.

ATG's aren't that effective against infantry, it's just a lucky roll of the dice at times. Some cheese to go with your wine?

winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 01:52:33 am »

The point I was trying to make is that this is not a rare thing to happen, like a bike killing a pershing. however you all seem to have made up your minds so whatever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc