Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:35:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The EIR Launcher itself  (Read 7078 times)
23down Offline
EIR Regular

« on: December 02, 2010, 04:43:53 pm »

Hi

I'm making it short and simple.

I'm suggesting following things :

A kick feature (I know could cause some teams by people that know each other so that they can manipulate XP & PP but such things will be possible so or so if such morons really want to do it)

The background for the kick feature is simply due to the fact that you may sometimes get childrin in your game. Insulting everything and everyone by name. I don't know about you but to listen & to read that crap the entire game long is really annoying. Such people are needed to be removed from a game (not ingame of course)
Or to be very simple there are also very often AFK people in a game (the lobby game room)

PM system: A pm system (right click on a nickname send pm) a sound will be played when someone writs someone else. If possible a new window will also pop up beeing forced as front page. That works only when the specific person is in the lobby of course.

Recommendation: Maybe a sound which is automatically played when the server is full (not first when everyone is on S - Status afk people wont hear a sound if they aren't on S status.) therefore the sound system like it is right now is pretty much useless.

Well thats it pretty much for now..

Greetings 23-down
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:14:49 pm by 23down » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »

well i agree with all of it.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:50:49 pm »

All of these would be a non-issue if people just used vent. =/

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:52:01 pm »

All of these would be a non-issue if people just used vent. =/

i agree with that too.
23down Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:23 pm »

True with Vent it wouldnt be really needed... However you can't really force people to buy a headset (not everyone has one ^^ I know unbelievable) just to get along with a mod. Besides some people could be also shy or very young. Not really interested in listing to micky mouses. Tongue

anyway Ventrilo is a third party tool like your launcher. Maybe that would be another interesting feature request insert a simple but working voice support for your launcher. When someone speaks like in every voice tool a little stereo icon will appear over the nickname.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:21:31 pm by 23down » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 05:59:54 pm »

True with Vent it wouldnt be really needed... However you can't really force people to buy a headset (not everyone has one ^^ I know unbelievable) just to get along with a mod. Besides some people could be also shy or very young. Not really interested in listing to micky mouses. Tongue

anyway Ventrilo is a third party tool like your launcher. Maybe that would be another interesting feature request insert a simple but working voice support for your launcher. When someone speaks like in every voice tool a little stereo icon will appear over the nickname.
No, Vent's fine. There are literally no problems with it. Don't have a mic? Listen. Don't want to talk? Don't. Don't like someone? Mute them.

I'm so goddamn sick of hearing 'No, I don't need vent,' and then losing a game due to lack of communication.

It takes all of two minutes to DL, install and join our Vent channel, and getting regged right away is almost never an issue. You're going to be sitting there for two hours waiting for a game, you might as well.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 06:03:32 pm »

The point that is to be made is that EIRR is too closely knit and makes you suffer too much if you dont want vent for this to be a good choice

Unless you are psychic like draken and killer you need a microphone, understanding whats going on naturally isnt for everyone

At the very least be present on vent although three guys without microphone on vnet strikes me as funny
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:05:03 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:18 pm »

Killer has an extra hand specifically to type at people in caps.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:21 pm »

Peronsally i will sit in afk if i don';t feel like talking or listening. But at least it makes sure i am never not ready for the game to start

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »

All of these features have been suggested before - and all will be introduced (but at different times)

PM will be added during the warmap introduction, as will kick.

The sound at full game is already implemented on my debug version =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 08:08:09 pm »

At the very least be present on vent although three guys without microphone on vnet strikes me as funny
It's best when you've got yelling about everything and the three others can't say anything back.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:33 pm »

Make launching the launcher launch eir's vent?

Great idea or greatest idea?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »

How about a ignore windcriesmary function? Cheesy
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »

Make launching the launcher launch eir's vent?

Great idea or greatest idea?

Simpsons did it.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 09:12:44 pm »

Snip... the warmap .....Snip

23 days and counting; get back in your cave!!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
23down Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 02:02:16 pm »

No, Vent's fine. There are literally no problems with it. Don't have a mic? Listen. Don't want to talk? Don't. Don't like someone? Mute them.

I'm so goddamn sick of hearing 'No, I don't need vent,' and then losing a game due to lack of communication.

It takes all of two minutes to DL, install and join our Vent channel, and getting regged right away is almost never an issue. You're going to be sitting there for two hours waiting for a game, you might as well.

Yeah I know and I fully agree with you.. Still your point of view is also a bit ignorant. There could be plenty of reasons why people can't or won't install such voice tools. My own dad for example is a computer security freak. For the longest time he said that this chat tools and voice tools are the best programs when it comes to secruity leaks. And under some conditions those tools can be risky ICQ for example. But it doesn't stop us do it ?
So feel bad for the people which aren't using chat and voice tools they are missing something when it comes to online experiences. ^^ Grin
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

Recommendation: Maybe a sound which is automatically played when the server is full (not first when everyone is on S - Status afk people wont hear a sound if they aren't on S status.) therefore the sound system like it is right now is pretty much useless.

When u join a game just press RFS immediately, and u will get your sound when all players will be RFS. Im surprised that just a few players use this feature.

Senseless and ruthless.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:09 pm »

You never know who joins...
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:05 pm »

Bear cavalry never dodge!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: