Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:22:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cw] 17 Pdr vs Other ATG's  (Read 7434 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

^ thats what i'd been trying to say. b4 the nerf playing as axis i might, might get hit once with one of them but generally they're so slow they're best used defensively, you can't chase after a tank like with the other atgs.

one of the biggest issues, which for some reason wasn't addressed was the low vet table, 20 xp for vet 2 and 40 for vet 3 while tis 29 and 57 for a normal atg, this made it seem like they were killing more when it was mainly all you needed was 2 kills and boom you level up, one kill even of an LV gets you vet 1.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:48 pm »

fire cone increase would help tremendously. would it be possible to get some background on how you guys decided to balance it?

Right now you have a gun that moves slow and turns slow, and with it's tiny firing arc that all hurts it. You have 3 very big things working against this gun and the only thing you have working FOR it is high penetration and more HP, which as far as ATGs go does not really matter, if it's going to get over run, it's done. If it got a firing arc of 85 it would alleviate these problems, I even think it would be fair to fire slightly slower if the firing arc was increased.

The 17pnder is not supposed to replace the 6pnder, it's supposed to act as a heavy AT role. I doubt you would care it's slow turn and narrowish fire cone when 2 will destroy a KT in a decent amount of time.

It's penetration is king for price and it also doesnt suffer from RoF reductions like the Pak40 does compared to the Pak36, ergo, the 17pnder fires just as fast as a 57mm.

The long range accuracy is also much better than the 57mm, at .85 for long range, if you properly spot for it, you shut down any armor. This is the tradeoff for the smaller firing cone.

Also, pen and HP mean absolutely everything for ATGs. Damage doesnt mean crap if you cant penetrate and the 17pnder will penetrate any non doctrinal tank over 85-90% of the time on average and every super heavy with ADPS rounds. This also effects how well it will do in an ATG fight.

The 17pnder was not overnerfed, it was brought into line. Before, it had the stats it has in the emplacement which were super powerful for being immobile. It's got a role, it kills heavy tanks better than the 6pnder, use it for that. Saying it is "outpreformed" by the 6pounder is a matter of perspective if anything else.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »

the 17 pdr actually has a 6s reload while the 57 has 5.3s reload, But it's still filling its role perfectly.
i've gave the unit a whirl and together with button it will do serious damage to heavy tanks while the 6 pdr's shells will just bounce off.

and when the enemy tries to flank it brits have all the tools to counter close range assaults.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »

im going to try a few different pairings with this gun to try to see your way.

Also are APDS rounds infinite uses?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 08:10:40 pm »

nope, 2 just like 57mm
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 12:28:59 am »

Saying that it isn't supposed to replace 6Pdr is like saying that Elite infantry should not replace mainline infantry. Yet still it does. It being in heavy AT role shouldn't mean that it is obsolete and annhiliated by better options i.e Firefly and the basic 6Pdr. If anything 17Pdr's disadvantages over comes its advantages. Therefore the 17Pdr is obsolete in Armored warfare. Why buy it if 6Pdr does it better?

Let's sum up the disadvantages and advantages once more.

17Pdr.

350 Manpower and 150 Munition and 6 pop. 50 mun for APDS and T1.

Advantage: Better penetration and long range accuracy.

Disadvantage: Narrow Arc which is less than a 6Pdr. Slow Speed in general. Bad accuracy against light vehicles, 6 pop, longer reload. 40 More munition cost, ridicilous with AP rounds that are mirror to 57mm making this piece cost 200 munitions if bought.

While this piece comes with 2 advantages it obviously comes with far more disadvantages than you can imagine. I don't want to buy a unit that performs ultimately worse than its lighter counter part.

I must conclude. This piece has nothing in it that makes it better OR attractive to use. I'd rather buy AP rounds on my 6Pdr from a tier ability than even use 17Pdrs and believe it or not- the 6pdr would be 2x better and cheaper than 17Pdr.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc