Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:31:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO BERLIN!  (Read 9657 times)
Tkaudi
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 08:22:36 pm »

Our 28th Infantry (salan), 30th Armour (GuardsmanKR) and 74th Armour (jackmccrack) divisions successfully assaulted and defeated the 31st Blitzkrieg (LtApollo), 94th Defensive (Akranadas) and 167th Defensive (Tank167) divisions in a contained engagement. It seems the German Divisions can't hold us off for long. This news is especially good considering our great progress through Europe. If we keep this up we will be drinking tea in Berlin in less than a month.

was 1 fight from swappin... doh!
lordofchaos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 08:33:19 pm »

I'm sooooo tired of defending dear god
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 08:34:04 pm »

tell me about Angry

Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 08:38:44 pm »

I'm sooooo tired of defending dear god
Ciwawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »

i'm so tired of attackin  Grin

cmon let put this war to an end so i can switch axis again...

Btw one of the major issue is the always same people fight for the same faction, when a war is over if you see that you sucked so much change to the other faction and try, maybe is more adaptable to your game style!
Demonic Spoon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 09:04:34 pm »

I'll respond to who I want, DemonicSpoon isn't a troll.

I'm not?  Sad I need to work harder.

FAGGOT. LEARN TO PLAY NOOB.

(I'm just kidding, don't ban me. <3)
Oh, looks like Allies and Axis both have equal doctrine units!  And would you look at that, the Allied ones are usually just Riflemen with a facelift and Fireup.  Meanwhile, the Axis doctrine units are all unique, more specialized, and more fun to play with.  Having an Officer out is a blast.  Having a KT or Tiger out is gobs of fun, but having a Pershing out is usually an exercise in futility against stealth PaK's.

Which means that, percentage wise, the Allies aren't as gimped unit-wise as your initial claims would make it seem. Lets not forget that since some vCOH Axis units are doctrine abilities now, there isn't a huge gap in the first place. The only thing you listed in your Axis platoon that doesn't have a rough equivalent on the Allied side is the Nebel.

Lets also not forget the individual versatility of Allied units. Allied units are more versatile, allowing them to get by with fewer units. The american HMG can kill light vehicles with a cheap upgrade. While rifles technically have the same number of upgrades as grens, they aren't as specialized. BARs are an all-round upgrade, has -no- disadvantages and lets them suppress. The LMG, however, is a lot more specialized (Is very "meh" at long range, can't fire on the move). The Schrek degrades your AI power and is obvious, whereas the sticky is not obvious and does not hurt your AI power at all.  Oh, and stickies not only do damage, but blow engines as well.

The m8 can engage infantry and light armor (and even help against heavy armor) without needing anything really special to do it effectively. The upgrades only make it better in every way at what it already does. The puma can either choose to be great anti infantry and worthless anti vehicle, or okayish anti infantry, good anti vehicle, somewhat useful to help against heavy armor. The upgrade changes its specialization, doesn't make it better at everything. Did I forget to mention that the m8 can be upgraded to drop wtfpwnzor mines, again without hurting its effectiveness in other areas?

The Sherman starts as an okayish anti tank (a bit worse than a Panzer IV), great anti infantry, FAST tank. The Sherman can be upgraded to become a GOOD anti tank, AWESOME anti infantry, while still retaining its speed and decent survivability. The Panzer IV needs vet 2/3 to get upgrades like that, and can NEVER be as good as a vanilla Sherman is against infantry.

Could I 'balance' out my Allied side?  Yeah, I suppose I could.  But I find it easier to win with the setup that I have there.  Perhaps I should say that playing an Allied side to win is more boring.

You gave your Axis company support units that the Allies have. I've seen Allied players be quite effective with engineers, jeeps, pios, and crocs...

also, just because you don't find allied companies fun doesn't mean others don't. The Allies have slightly fewer numbers of more generalist units, whereas the Axis have slightly more, specialized units.

If there is anything special that draws newbs to Wehr, it's probably the "Cool" factor. German stuff like the 88 and the Panther are very famous to people with even limited WW2 knowledge. For someone new to the game, the "Holy shit I can command PANTHERS and 88s and TIGERS" seems a bit better than "Oh..I can command Shermans" which don't have such a great reputation.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:09:43 pm by Demonic Spoon » Logged
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »

I'll respond to who I want, DemonicSpoon isn't a troll.

I'm not?  Sad

Not a good one at any rate.  Tongue

Lets also not forget the individual versatility of Allied units. Allied units are more versatile, allowing them to get by with fewer units. The american HMG can kill light vehicles with a cheap upgrade. While rifles technically have the same number of upgrades as grens, they aren't as specialized. BARs are an all-round upgrade, has -no- disadvantages and lets them suppress. The LMG, however, is a lot more specialized (Is very "meh" at long range, can't fire on the move). The Schrek degrades your AI power and is obvious, whereas the sticky is not obvious and does not hurt your AI power at all.  Oh, and stickies not only do damage, but blow engines as well.

The m8 can engage infantry and light armor (and even help against heavy armor) without needing anything really special to do it effectively. The upgrades only make it better in every way at what it already does. The puma can either choose to be great anti infantry and worthless anti vehicle, or okayish anti infantry, good anti vehicle, somewhat useful to help against heavy armor. The upgrade changes its specialization, doesn't make it better at everything. Did I forget to mention that the m8 can be upgraded to drop wtfpwnzor mines, again without hurting its effectiveness in other areas?

The Sherman starts as an okayish anti tank (a bit worse than a Panzer IV), great anti infantry, FAST tank. The Sherman can be upgraded to become a GOOD anti tank, AWESOME anti infantry, while still retaining its speed and decent survivability. The Panzer IV needs vet 2/3 to get upgrades like that, and can NEVER be as good as a vanilla Sherman is against infantry.

And it really is that kind of versatility that really makes Allies a boring side.  Rifles do everything well, why would you use anything else?  Sure, there are those that really try to do some weird things (Tons of flamethrowers in a HT, 50-something Airborne), but when it comes down to it the average Allied company just seems so much more bland than the Axis side.

If there is anything special that draws newbs to Wehr, it's probably the "Cool" factor. German stuff like the 88 and the Panther are very famous to people with even limited WW2 knowledge. For someone new to the game, the "Holy shit I can command PANTHERS and 88s and TIGERS" seems a bit better than "Oh..I can command Shermans" which don't have such a great reputation.

So much truth in this, I've gotta agree with you on that point.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Demonic Spoon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 09:16:19 pm »

And it really is that kind of versatility that really makes Allies a boring side.  Rifles do everything well, why would you use anything else?  Sure, there are those that really try to do some weird things (Tons of flamethrowers in a HT, 50-something Airborne), but when it comes down to it the average Allied company just seems so much more bland than the Axis side.

Play Axis? Not everyone shares the opinion that Allies are bland. I don't think they're bland at all.

And just because they are VERSATILE doesn't mean they can do anything. All Allied units still have their place. I regularly see companies with crocs, M10s, HMGs, mortars, snipers, engineers, halftracks, etc...
So much truth in this, I've gotta agree with you on that point.

Yeah. It doesn't even have much to do with the actual performance of the equipment, some things just got a cooler reputation than others. T34s are actually not any better than a Sherman, for example, but people thing T34s are awesome and that Shermans suck (Just one example).

As to "Blame"...I don't think we should be assigning it.  While such mechanics like great RB/CPs for attacking certainly make a bit of a slippery slope, and I do think it should be changed, that's not why we're getting pwned. It's also not fair to bitch at the noobs...they have as much a right to play EIR and pick their favorite faction as anyone else does.

Directed at those who are bitching at the newbs for joining Axis: Did YOU pick your faction in EIR based on how good you are at it and how you think it would affect the Allied/Axis balance? NO. You thought "Alright, I think I want to play X faction." This is exactly what they did, and you can't criticize them for it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:19:44 pm by Demonic Spoon » Logged
WarLord51 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 10:31:41 pm »

We've taken over 100 more territories in the last couple days.  KEEP IT UP ALLIES!   We'll finish this war before the germans even put a foot in france!
You can have it, It smells and It's cold. I need some Desert warfare now. Or maybe some brits. lol Grin
Ciwawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 05:00:24 pm »

no one answer to me, there is no a way that i can switch to axis without deleting my account and starting all from 0? Sad
Ucross Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 05:04:14 pm »

correct. Smiley  We want you on allies

GI JOE!
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 05:05:28 pm »

Propatly shoud park my 24x m8´s somewhere and go back to 2x stukas hmm...

Ciwawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 05:10:29 pm »

so let's end this war quickly i'm bored of killing unit that i love Sad
asmithally Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 05:39:41 pm »

Just create another account.
Ciwawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 06:04:17 pm »

no i don't like to be a double agent... i just enjoy only one of the faction as i think this make the war "more realistic"
Warlord511 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 06:26:50 pm »

no i don't like to be a double agent... i just enjoy only one of the faction as i think this make the war "more realistic"
Your crazy
Ciwawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »

maybe i'm crazy but it make more sense to fight wich one faction than playing one game as allies and one as axis...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc