Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:55:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My initial balance thought with EIR:R  (Read 21938 times)
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:00 am »

But lets compare the two:

Survival of the units using them:
TB = Can run away at full speed
stickies = Get suppressed then pwnt

Range:
TB = Tank sniper
stickies = "In your face mothatruckah!!!"

Cooldown and also what the unit has to do/can do after use:
TB = I used it once at a time of my choosing and catch a tank in a bad spot while it can't see me coming, and kill a tank every 3/4 minutes.
stickies = I try to use it, get suppressed and pinned 5 steps towards the tank, then steamrolled by assault infantry, tank, bunker, HT, <insert random rifleman squishing unit here>

Arc and location:
TB: Can fire from outside visual range before they know what hits em, and fast enough to get them when I want to!
stickies: Gotta get close enough to get the tank driver's autograph

Speed of units:
stickies = Stroll forest stroll!
TB = Drive, Forest, Drive!!!

Retreatability of units:
stickies = Magic 'T' button! Yeh run away! But tank is sticky-free, so what was the point of retreating again?
TB = Omg, I'm drunk and my commander has to point and click me. Omg, a rifle bullet just hit me and it made my drunk driving worse(out of control)! I need to rest... Look a building!!! I'll just park infront of it. *Vrooooooooo-BOOM!* But guess what, the enemy tank is getting hit on by ma friendly neighbourhood panther / shrek blob / PAK. *Vroooo-BOOM* Woot I have a Sherman for company in scrappile heaven!

Price of units:
TB = I'm like a busy, high performing girl friend! I don't always have time for you, but when I'm here, you can be sure you'll get it off!
stickies = I'm like a non-commital friend. I may do you that favour, or I may decide to take a vacation.

This is fun Wink

(On a serious note: Light AT HT has a very high chance of getting off the TB, riflemen stickies need to get up close and personal, exposing themselves to death on the attack. On the defence the Light AT HT's chance of getting TB off goes up dramatically, riflemen still not as reliable. The only major issue with Light AT HT I find though is that outside of FF and TB abilities it doesn't do much else. If it can be modded to be more effective it'd be great. E.g. Virtually 100% accuracy against all tanks, up RoF, even if shots bounce they still do 50% damage.)
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2009, 10:10:06 am »

MistenTHA
*gets down on one knee*
Will you marry me?

Lol, I forget to add in rifles easy supression...  Wink

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
BigDick
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 10:15:47 am »

But lets compare the two:

Survival of the units using them:
TB = does same crazy 360° turns and drive some rounds before he Can run away at full speed, if he is lucky enough to get less then 2 shots by what ever
stickies = Get suppressed then pwnt if there is a hmg otherwise its like "hey there is a tank its huge and looks angry but we are riflemen lets scare it away or sticky it"

corrected

Range:
TB = Tank sniper that scratch the painting
woaaahh there is a treadbreaker it can't break my treads but damage my engine back up

corrected

stickies = "In your face mothatruckah!!!"
"hey there are some riflemen they looks friendly but lets kill them before they kill our shrek grens....damn they had stickies Sad why no one told me ..backup with half speed Sad "

corrected
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:00 am »

MistenTHA
*gets down on one knee*
Will you marry me?

Lol, I forget to add in rifles easy supression...  Wink

This must be what Flashpoint Gold is thinking of right now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

I don't know, I'm not the commitment kind of yin/yang zip/zap bim/bam positive/negative like/dislike polar/nonpolar similar/opposite kind of oxymoron...
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:39 am »

I can see a valid argument for either lowering the treadbreaker upgrade cost, the cooldown, or both, now that the crit tables have been adjusted to be less decisive.

But I strongly feel that the crit table change was the correct approach.  And Flashpoint Gold, I'm not sure how serious you were, but your comment about vet hunting with the prior version of treadbreaker was actually extremely accurate.  It allows for PE to pick out the most valuable armored target and impose what in most games will be a death sentence.  For game balance and enjoyment, there should never be an "I win button" against heavy tanks...  or anything, really.

Treadbreaker is not about stopping some random Sherman, M10 or M8.  It is there to counter opposing heavy tanks primarily.  It still does that, but will work most effectively when some damage has been put on the tank already, rather than being insta-immobilize on a completely healthy tank. 

You can still use it as an opener, but then there is a fair chance that your target can retreat safely...  yet it still serves its purpose in "halting an Allied attack".  Not too many players are going to press forward their Fireflies & Pershings once an engine damage result has been placed upon it.  And if they do, you have still seized an important advantage.

But you have to make a choice now, open early and slow down an important vehicle, or open late after it has received sufficient damage so you can immobilize it and kill it.

Anyway, the treadbreaker cost & cooldown might deserve some looking at (meaning, reduction)  since the effect was nerfed.  It is still a good unit worthy of being in any PE Battalion.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:14 am »

Pure teams of Brits get stomped just like pure PE teams. It's just that the older factions are more suited to EIRR's style of gameplay. EIR is about taking and holding territory, there aren't options for fluid or guirilla styled warfare because lost territory quickly translates into lost pop cap and with the highly defensive nature of gameplay, favouring an elastic defence both PE and British fall short.

A pure british team almost always loses, a pure PE team almost always loses. I doubt that everyone needs to l2p.

Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 12:56:49 pm »

And Flashpoint Gold, I'm not sure how serious you were, but your comment about vet hunting with the prior version of treadbreaker was actually extremely accurate.  It allows for PE to pick out the most valuable armored target and impose what in most games will be a death sentence.  For game balance and enjoyment, there should never be an "I win button" against heavy tanks...  or
anything, really.

I was being half serious in my post, but the vet hunting was serious.

Treadbreaker is not about stopping some random Sherman, M10 or M8.  It is there to counter opposing heavy tanks primarily.  It still does that, but will work most effectively when some damage has been put on the tank already, rather than being insta-immobilize on a completely healthy tank. 

You can still use it as an opener, but then there is a fair chance that your target can retreat safely...  yet it still serves its purpose in "halting an Allied attack".  Not too many players are going to press forward their Fireflies & Pershings once an engine damage result has been placed upon it.  And if they do, you have still seized an important advantage.

Anyway, the treadbreaker cost & cooldown might deserve some looking at (meaning, reduction)  since the effect was nerfed.  It is still a good unit worthy of being in any PE Battalion.

True dat. But if you have time for the cooldown, stop dat croc.

*Edit* OMG RICK ROLL'D!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:26:04 pm by Flashpoint Gold » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc