Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 05:33:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbed Wire/Tank Trap Building Times  (Read 5407 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 21, 2009, 07:58:37 pm »

Lately i've seen almost half a map wired by the start of an attack/defense game.  I really think these things build too quickly, and since most rollouts are infantry only with support weapons it really buggers things up when youre blocked and have to PIAT/ATG the barbed wire to death.

Barbed wire is probably 3 second building time, but since i dont know a 30-50% increase in building time should be sufficient.  It should be marginally easier to throw across than Tank traps, which currently take a while but may need a 10-20% increase in building time.

This is just to make attacks much easier. Nothing worse than one side being completely blocked off then the other side defended by Mgs/paks/mortars or 88s, since by the time the wire or tank traps are down they've had the time to move.

Edit:  From CoHStats -> http://coh-stats.com/Structure:Barbed_Wire

Increase to 7 seconds maybe???

http://coh-stats.com/Structure:Tank_Traps

Possibly increase to 33 or 35 if so be, or even decrease health to 500

Apparantly all barbed wire and Tank traps are the same, even though they may look different.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:11:31 pm by spinn72 » Logged
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »

The Wehr have an advantage has both Volks and Grens can build Wire and sandbags without the need for doctrine unlocks.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:11:16 pm »

may need a 10-20% increase in building time.

No, tank traps are fine. If anything they should build a little FASTER. Too few of them being used as it is.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:13:26 pm »

Tank traps are ridiculous, they take forever. Wire is easily made, but it's easy to destroy as well.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:30:12 pm »

You're all NUBS! They are perfectly fine as it is.

If anything else, I noticed their build times are actually decreased from old EiR. Bring Corc + Bulldozer = easy. Tank traps are actually faster to build. I know cause I spammed tank traps last time.
RaptorCommander Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:40 pm »

Lately i've seen almost half a map wired by the start of an attack/defense game.  I really think these things build too quickly, and since most rollouts are infantry only with support weapons it really buggers things up when youre blocked and have to PIAT/ATG the barbed wire to death.

Barbed wire is probably 3 second building time, but since i dont know a 30-50% increase in building time should be sufficient.  It should be marginally easier to throw across than Tank traps, which currently take a while but may need a 10-20% increase in building time.

This is just to make attacks much easier. Nothing worse than one side being completely blocked off then the other side defended by Mgs/paks/mortars or 88s, since by the time the wire or tank traps are down they've had the time to move.

Edit:  From CoHStats -> http://coh-stats.com/Structure:Barbed_Wire

Increase to 7 seconds maybe???

http://coh-stats.com/Structure:Tank_Traps

Possibly increase to 33 or 35 if so be, or even decrease health to 500

Apparantly all barbed wire and Tank traps are the same, even though they may look different.

Spin thats becuase you have be playing me and when ever my grens or volks or pios are not attacking they are building wire and sanbags.

Also with 3 pios you can close of choke points pretty fast especially in defend if the allies don't use the 'side' routes at the start.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:51:40 pm »

Spin thats becuase you have be playing me and when ever my grens or volks or pios are not attacking they are building wire and sanbags.

Also with 3 pios you can close of choke points pretty fast especially in defend if the allies don't use the 'side' routes at the start.

Moral of the story, play another map.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 08:54:12 pm »

Sappers should be able to build Tank Traps, don't know why they can't...
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:30 pm »

Moral of the story, play another map.

Lol not many 2v2 maps are that big, and you never know when you get attack/defend now.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 10:23:48 pm »

its fine, at least it doesnt build as fast as in vcoh

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RaptorCommander Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:36 am »

Also do britsh have and non-doctrine super-heavy crush units?

If they don't this may be the critical problem. As wher have panther and americans have buldozer croc. PE had berb tiger (don't know about now though). So maybe the brits need a bulldozer kangaroo or firefly prehaps.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 12:31:18 am »

Royal Engineers do.  Royal Arty could just blast the thing, and Really Commandos just land on the other side or Demo, if demo charges work.  All americans get Crocs and all Axis get panthers.  But then I don't considerd said vehicles to be primary tank and hedge runner overs. 

The HUGE thing I'm noticing is the the doctrains can't be near as indipendant as they used to be. 

Before the units were so limited you could build an all around force and cover all your bases. 

The thing that is Quite literaly killing my Tank hunters is the lack of infantry healing from the Radio scout car.  I've got repair kits for my tanks.  But I need a way to extend teh life of my infantry, tank busts and assualt grens.  One gun fight I'm I'm spent most cases.

Now you have to really depend on other people to bring healing, and morters and MG's, and to be good at killing infantry, while someone else has the heavy artillery, and so forth.

Shoot, I need to find me a scourched earth guy to play with, and I'll probubly still be getting SE reinfocements, as much as I'd like thos axis morters and stuff.  But I'll stop here, while I'm still kinda on topic.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 05:10:49 am »

The thing that is Quite literaly killing my Tank hunters is the lack of infantry healing from the Radio scout car.  I've got repair kits for my tanks.  But I need a way to extend teh life of my infantry, tank busts and assualt grens.  One gun fight I'm I'm spent most cases.
Some story for Americans, and most British don't use casualty clearing stations from what I've seen.

Imo PE don't need it that bad either, at least they don't in my play style which is 90% vehicle focussed.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 08:48:45 am »

youre probably a noob spinn,

last ive played a game attack defend. and once the attackers were on field they waited at least 10 minutes before even entering our territory. and while the attackers were doing no shit, we were spamming wire everywhere AS IT SHOULD BE.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 08:52:35 am »

No need for name calling.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc