Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 02:40:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] German Steal  (Read 3135 times)
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »

Over the past ten+ games I've played or so, I have been paying very special attention to my German Steal tanks, and how they perform. To sum things up in one word: horrible. For a T4, this choice gets trumped by many of the allied lower tier doctrines or I win buttons. Very annoying to see a panther penetrated over and over by RRs from the front. My german steal P4's have to run away from not only ALL fucking rifles for fear of getting engine damage (which repairs for shit BTW), but also shermans. I completely deck all my tanks out. For the T4, and all of the muni I pay, the "superior" german armor is crap. The amount of weapons the allies have that deal huge damage (once they penetrate) to tanks simply negates this T4. Having trouble penetrating axis tanks? No problem! Disable them (button, stickies, stun shot, etc...) and arty them. No need to fear any reprisal for your on maps, they can hit them from half a 4v4 map away! 15% less penetration my butt. Want to trade P4's for shermans, willing to throw in some fausts. And yes, I spelled it Steal for a reason. Maybe its just bad luck, but for a T4, luck shouldn't be this bad.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:11 pm »

This is sooooo close to a lock for ignoring this guideline:

6. Rage Posting

Users sometimes feel that the whole Dev team changes stats on purpose right before their game starts and then they come here like 10 year old kids who believe they can take on everyone because they just simply are right and nobody can prove them wrong. From now on a rage thread/post will be moderated on sight, do us a favor and take a cold bath before posting after a bad game please, we all have had bad games but that doesn't allow us to rage in the forums.

So.. you have a 2nd chance to post something that makes sense.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:43:02 pm »

What i think jinker is trying to say is that...it's a terrible tier 4 for the fact that all allied weapons still penetrate GS, To be honest from using it myself ferocity is a much better choice of a tier 4,because a tier 2 "At Eagles" totaly negates the 15% penetration reduction.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:49:46 pm »

For his defense, its not a single bad game, btu i have played many games and considering tis a T4, it hurts, plus the repair kits don;t help the fact that it has more health because of that. 

maybe make repair kits Repair to full health and faster but still keep thems till would help, But with RRs beign the lasers of doom and the Armor doctrine getting alot more AT buffs now... Axis armor is  fodder most games... Hell even infantry negates steel by the T4 Rapers.

Think of it, RRs get more penetration at T2 and more dmg and range and accuracy at 4....
Armor gets M-10 and M-18 buffs which are 45 range for armor companies t turn them into at guns, with a first strike ability and shoot 33% faster. 
Infantry have reapers. 

No matter who you play as an american, there is a 3 in 9 chance or a 1 in 3 chance of your armor getting owned just abotu every time. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:06:05 pm »

im running a GS company with 5 p4s......sorry buddy you are defently rage posting

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
petewinny23 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:09:27 pm »

Yeah it sucked a bit i was in that game!

generally if i know someone plays airbourne i wont play them simple as that...unless like the last game cause that was the only one available.....there shots barely ever miss at ridiculous range! It makes the T4 useless especially when theres a group of 4 squads trooping round together!

Once there backed up by shermans in the rear all they do when they get in trouble is fire up move back bait the units attacking them back into the shermans with mg upgrade turn round and wham insta kill for both inf and tanks!

It seems that once both factions get to the top it slike playing vanilla eir rank 1! Whats the point?
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »

Wow GS is an excellent T4 for running PIVs.  I used to run 6 PIVs with GS back when there were reinforcements.  GS makes it so easy to vet up PIVs and keep them on the field longer.  I rarely burnt through all 6 of my PIVs (usually ending up with either 1 left in reserve or on my last PIV) and I always had a PIV on the field.

That was 2 wars ago, and the metagame has definitely changed since then, but the things that were mainly complained about in the OP (AB RR's) are still the same as before.  The only new thing is an increased number of T17s fielded now compared to 2 wars ago.

The way I ran my 6 PIV company was that I always had 1 pak, 1 PIV, and 2 grens on the field.  Always put your grens in front of your PIV so they get hit by the ATGs first (and not your PIV).  The pak + GS PIV combo is very good AT.  The beauty about PIVs  is that, especially with GS, they are very good anti-infantry platforms and anti-tank platforms.  Against RR's, always back up (even if you think you could 2 shot the squad).  Avoiding those 2 or 3 RR shots every engagement will pay off in the long run, even if it doesn't seem like it would at the moment.  The point of the army is to have your PIVs as the core of the army and always have them supported.  If RR's chase my PIVs, then they have to run through 2 gren squads.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:05:39 pm »

If RR's chase my PIVs, then they have to run through 2 gren squads.

Which they were born to do. 12 AB scoff at a few lmgs.

There is one reason GS can have little effect, for example with 57mm AP rounds, the penetration does nothing, and P4 only takes 4 hits instead of 3.5 or something, so essentially, your P4 is dead after an ATG gets the drop on it only twice either way (P4 lack of acceleration makes it hard to avoid 2nds). Of course tactics can avoid that sometimes, but it happens far too often. And then there are reapers and the like which essentially negate any advantage once enjoyed.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 10:06:50 pm »

You had your 2nd chance Jinker.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:14:47 pm by Killer344 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc