Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:25:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion - Expanded Veterancy  (Read 3258 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: May 18, 2011, 08:25:31 pm »

I think this is pretty limited. Vet always seems to be around the same type of stats, accuracy, damage, health, received damage, received accuracy, suppression, speed and accel, decel and with arty range.

I would like to see more variety added like an increase in AOE so that a weapon does damage in a wider area.
For weapon teams, as you gain vet you learn how to set up and tear down faster (set up time)
Moving accuracy, scatter, search radius, fire cone angle, AOE damage and penetration.

For rapid fire weapon, light and heavy you could add in larger clips (burst duration), and other stuff.

I feel that just adding more stuff in like that will make vet a lot more interesting.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:42:58 pm »

I was toying (and still am) with the idea of extended vet after vet 2/3 where you get a free (purchasable) upgrade to units.  Like, extra weapons or an ability etc.

Its very possible, using upgrades and the launcher - and then you can customise your high-vet units.

Just putting it out there that Vet will be a rework at some point, and these ideas will definately need to be brainstormed by the community!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »

you know what i'd love to see back eirrmod? Captured units but real captured units. (used to be if u got a 57mm as wm, you'd end up with back, retreat with mg42 as allies u get a .30 cal)
 If someone leaves their tiger on the field too long, it gets captured Cheesy or if i can retreat with an mg42 i can use it next game, or i get to keep the schreck I put up, would be awesome if you were able to do that.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »

it would be very nice,but what about stack etc,ok,so we stack one game,rape shit out of some new guys and end with shit load of captured stuff.
I guess if you had to buy those things in your company,then it would be okay.

How would you capture tanks?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »

it would be very nice,but what about stack etc,ok,so we stack one game,rape shit out of some new guys and end with shit load of captured stuff.
I guess if you had to buy those things in your company,then it would be okay.

How would you capture tanks?

then ur just a troll if u stack just to get weapons. tanks only if they are on field at end.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »

Would love to see that, I'd try to somehow manage to capture a Tiger and see how the Grenadier blobs like it on the recieving end of the barrel!

Seriously though, it would completely ruin the very fragile semblance of balance this mod maintains if tank capturing was implemented.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 03:11:09 pm »

Command & Conquer Firestorm FTW!!

man i loved capping a beheomoth and kill everything with it
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:13:30 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »

the idea of capturing tanks just seems silly and you've completely derailed your own thread tym! shame!

in regards to the OP and EIRRMOD, the idea of being able to give your vet 4 MG garands rather than carbines or something to that extent would be cool. OR being able to buy suppression fire on a US .30 when it reaches vet 4 or 5.

i like the idea of a US mortar getting larger aoe with vet too, i also would like to see less redundancy in vet, i mean to be honest does an axis mortar/mg NEED more damage and suppression? i think the 88 has interesting vet that i find quite useful.

with the entire idea of vet levels past 3, what do we do with non-combat units, and units who rarely even see vet 1/2? maybe that's a topic for another thread.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »

Perhaps Veterenacy can be an Upgrad like you suggested. 

You have Vet 1-5 Tables... 

Offensive... Defensive and Mobility

Maybe just one or 2 to start with but eventually you pick which Vet levels you want to go down...

So if you have 5 vet levels, you have 15 different verencies to mix and match for different vet levels...

Like how PE have the offensive and defensive upgrades in Vcoh... It would be the same.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »

I really wanted that b4 and crusaded hard on it but couldn't get a dev to even say they like it or not so i abandoned it.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »

Here ya go Tym, Make up vet tables for all the units, And how much you wannt bet with only a few tweaks it will probly be looked at hard Smiley
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 03:58:36 pm »

like eirrmod said, with community input they could develop it better. i mean that's A LOT of work for the devs alone to come up with all that stuff. Maybe a vet suggestion thread is needed. there are a lot of units, even breaking them up into categories its still a big task.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc