Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:33:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panzerwerfer 42  (Read 3497 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »

This unit..something needs to be done with it. Even though it's a reward unit, it feels worse than a regular nebel. Last game I played I must have barraged a huge ass blob atleast 5 times. Each time all it did was supress them for a short amount of time and lost a bit of hp and 0 men, even though the tommies were directly caught in the barrage. If I had that kind of barrages with my nebel that blob would have been long gone

- For some reason it takes a long ass time to fire after you click barrage
- The spread seems a LOT bigger than regular nebel
- I've seen rockets have a direct hit and just take off a tiny amount of hp, the damage on this thing is so bad it's awful

Conclusion: Blows ass

Regular nebel, Hotchkiss Stuka and even the rather crappy wespe are better alternatives to this thing

Suggestions: Decrease time it takes to fire the rockets, increase rof of rockets or lower cooldown on barrage, increase rocket travel speed, more damage on the rockets themselves, or increase the damage or fire duration to make it an area denial weapon (it already fires 10 rockets)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:41:35 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:33 pm »

Unless I goofed, it should do the same damage the regular nebelwerfer does, same projetiles and speed to, even the same DoT. Regular nebel has shit damage to, look up it's stats. Scatters should be the same to.

Not saying it's super awesome or anything, I said it was a nebel on a halftrack and that's exactly what it is and what that is would be heavy supression artillery. Anything caught anywhere near it's firezone is going to get pinned hard and using it together with crush or assault inf can have some nice results.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:17:07 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:25:30 pm »

It seems regular nebel barrages end up having a tighter grouping
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

Reg nebs fire 5 rockets iirc you get 10 on a ht chassis

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

Spread isn't neccessarily a bad thing. In the game we played you affected infantry spread out that to me semeed like the whole screen. The disclaimer is that I'm not playing zoomed out. I don't think werfer cost us the game more than the wespe which dissapointed me greatly.

Quote from: Nikomas
Anything caught anywhere near it's firezone is going to get pinned hard and using it together with crush or assault inf can have some nice results.

I think this is a good point - you have to combine it with something, like a MG. With the nerfs to unvetted elite infantry's ability fire up, werfer' hitting through smoke etc it's a combined arms weapon. Which is harder to use than a big blog of buff infantry, but when it works, it means you are eliminating them without taking much losses since they can't fight back. It's sort of like killing a 2 rifle squads with a mg and a gren. It's harder for the gren and the mg to do it since the gren can't stop the other rifle which is not being fired on, but when you do it, you take way more losses than the prices suggest.

However, the BT and Devs could consider it's role. A mounted nebel is cool, but maybe something else could differentiate it. Like a very slow barrage - rockets leaving the werfer slowly, large supression AOE for each rocket, so that for instance you could keep a area supressed/pinned for long enough time to make up for the pop invested in the werfer that you don't have actual AI/infantry to fight with. Could be too good.

On the other hand - it's the same type of nebel. Weapons need to make somewhat sense. If the infantry crewed nebel and the automobile nebel have vastly different weapon stats it's less intuitive.

Elitegren, go to bed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:32:35 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:16:24 am »

Really?

I think this thing is ridiculous, it has a huge spread and insta pins anything near where the rockets land, no it doesn't do much damage by itself, but I don't think it needs to, the huge suppression area alone is plenty imo.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:37:21 am »

Why must all axis artillery spew firey stuff and suppress. Where's the big booms I've been looking for? Hummel ain' enough. Come now Nikomas and you others, I've seen the LeFH 18 Artillery in RGDs, bring it in. (I bet even it will fire hummel fire barrages Grin). I tried Panzer werfer as well, it is a nebel on wheels and fires 10 instead of 6 shots, mostly suppresses and very low kill potential, 8 pop cooldown machinegun so to speak. I would suggest giving it improved DoT to make it a actually dangerous piece (Like chemical fire buffed DoT)

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 01:45:01 am »

i dont like telling you this. BUT the Panzerwerfer is good.

The regular nebelwerfer is trash. It has almost no impact damage and a horrific scatter, its simply not good enough to be used for 7 pop

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:48:39 am »

Weape needs buff, give it more shells plox. Should be similar to T57.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:11:45 am »

i dont like telling you this. BUT the Panzerwerfer is good.

The regular nebelwerfer is trash. It has almost no impact damage and a horrific scatter, its simply not good enough to be used for 7 pop

What?  The nebel right now is great...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 06:25:24 am »

Why must all axis artillery spew firey stuff and suppress. Where's the big booms I've been looking for? Hummel ain' enough.

why must all allied tanks spew firey stuff and be shit? Where is the big ass allied tanks owning axis tanks i've been looking for? Super Pershing ain' enough.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:27:56 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc