Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:39:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tired of tommy blobs?  (Read 12495 times)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 07:34:38 am »

Chomp, chomp, chomp...
Panzershrecks are lock on hit-from-whatever-range super weapons, stormtroopers can pop out of nowhere and catch tanks or vulnerable infantry, Pumas are uncounterable, treadbreaker is like a cheat and all the while somebody complains about a faction that has the least amount of viable units.

If Infantry Section blobs are occuring, its because there is no British assault troops, there are no British HMGs, there are no British mortars and there are not many players who can micro.

The same complaints in this thread could be leveled at any faction.

1/4 of my schreck shoots fail, stormies is doc inf such as rangers, AB, commandos, and are useless against a tommie blob AND cost 240 mun with 2 mp44 upgrades-> too expensive..and rangers rock even moar with thompsons

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 07:38:43 am »

Yeah what prydain says.
I'd say tommies are what the airborne wished they were. Bren and rifle grenade are kick ass.
You dont have a mortar, you dont have an mg. All you have is awesome infantry weps. Now you have to use that. You can lock an area using the 17 pounder and infantry support. But "overwhelming" infantry support. Best say you have to be as aggresive as possible.
On your big ride to the big blob you can capture all the enemy support weps you can, or reman the ones your teamates lose, to make up for your own.
Your best friend in this are the tanks, and the american players.
The latter especially will help you have at least a proper atg ready to shoot at all times.
You think you can play british combined arms ? There are no british combined arms.
Commandos dont count, we mean standard units.
OrdobalticusTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:15 am »

2 tommies squad with bren can kill flammenwerfer in a sec  Grin  Grin  Grin

What??? Bren button don't stop flames for a good 15 seconds. In addition to kill flamenwerfer fast, but not in a sec you need piats, but they are not reliable.

Brits fail as blobbers, because they lack antitank on foot. So they can kill infantry and maybe lone mg, but that is all they can do.

You should see shrek+mp44 blob... that blob melts tanks/infantry/emplacements much more faster and cheaper. It is painfull to see 5-6 shreks fire at your tank... all hit... all penetrate... alfa kill... Blob moves on....

DjTerror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:50 am »

I can live with blobs (only way to counter that is to bloob you selfs).
But only thing i find really retarted is buttoning of heavy tanks.

I mean 1 Panther on fileld and he gets buttoned by simple machinegun fire!?
Now thats really crap!!!

Ah, whil were at that, let me mention flying Tetrarchs... now thats a big LOL.

He just fly in my rear and kills my Hummel easy as sneezing. Shrecks are missing him and he happily runs off at the speed of light.
He runs faster than my panther turns his barrel!?!?
Now thats retarted!!!

Angry
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:11:05 am by DjTerror » Logged
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 08:10:02 am »

Speigas all i can say is learn to blob better ! If you cant blob with brens and rifle grenades you cant blob at all!

Ah, whil were at that, let me mention flying Tetrarchs... now thats a big LOL.

He just fly in my rear and kills my Hummel easy as sneezing. Shrecks are missing him and he happily runs off at the speed of light.
He runs faster than my panther turns his barrel!?!?
Now thats retarted!!!

Haha!
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:00 am »

Well if ur stupid enough to leave ur LT or CPT in the open or vulnerable to sniper shots then ur LT/CPT should die in one shot. I don't see how an officer can stand upto 3 shots from a scoped rifle. (is he terminator or something) Shocked

He might be the backbone of the british army but its stupid where they charge in and the only unit to survive is the stupid officer with vet 2 and just runs off. WTF

If I was a sniper id go for officer not the infantry man. No officer = No blob with heroic charge = half your units survive and u own the british player.

This. Is. A. Video. Game.

It's not real life. KCH take extra sniper shots to take down, and doesn't the Wehr Officer as well?

It's for balance purposes.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2009, 08:53:29 am »

If you want realism, make a mod of this mod.  Grin

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 09:21:31 am »

Might not be a realism mod but every mod need realism or that means anything can happen. (Some guy jumps 5 meters onto a roof with bazooka and blows up at tank). Grin

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:09 am »

Realism typically has to take a back seat for balance in video games, especially when the sides are not mirrored.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:06 pm »

Everytime someone starts talking about realism I remind myself of my perception.

real life does not exist in this game.

realism in the game exists.  If what is happening is realistic to the confines of the game it is happening in, then that is the realism represented.

Cloaking snipers, dropping gliders and v1s onto a skirmish battlefield, this is our realism...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc