Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 08:11:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tired of tommy blobs?  (Read 12509 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 06:51:44 pm »

Or ATHT to snipe him =) WOOO!!

Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 06:57:27 pm »

tanks are pretty darn effective actually, bear in mind the only AT you can bring with a blob is PIATS, and if he has a blob, he won't have tanks due to the pop cap. unless you consider an Lt + 2 squads a blob
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 07:06:00 pm »

tanks are pretty darn effective actually, bear in mind the only AT you can bring with a blob is PIATS, and if he has a blob, he won't have tanks due to the pop cap. unless you consider an Lt + 2 squads a blob

PIATS are really effective vs infantry n tank and so is rifles grenades. I don't consider LT + 2 squads a blob. They are easy to kill. Its the 10-20 squads of infantry that r stupid to kill and stop.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:53 pm »

see the exploit guide. get your tanks skirted up and PIATS are even more useless
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »

PIATS are really effective vs infantry n tank and so is rifles grenades. I don't consider LT + 2 squads a blob. They are easy to kill. Its the 10-20 squads of infantry that r stupid to kill and stop.
Yes, all those 20 strong infantry blobs are a problem. Huh
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:23 pm »

Dragon, have you ever USED Piats? 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 08:27:56 pm »

1 p4 ice tea (IST Tongue ) pwns rangers equipped with tommy guns
3 assault grens pwns bazooka rangers.

PE does have a defense against their blobs

Now if its a mixed blob of 2 tommy and 2 zooka, well that is most likely their whole army of rangers and will have nothing after that, but will take a little more than ice tea to counter. hummel, stuka, nebel, pretty much only artillery can easily defeat that.
agtmadcat Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »

1 p4 ice tea (IST Tongue ) pwns rangers equipped with tommy guns
3 assault grens pwns bazooka rangers.

PE does have a defense against their blobs

Now if its a mixed blob of 2 tommy and 2 zooka, well that is most likely their whole army of rangers and will have nothing after that, but will take a little more than ice tea to counter. hummel, stuka, nebel, pretty much only artillery can easily defeat that.
DiBBs, I think you've managed to misunderstand both pages of this thread. We're talking about British basic infantry units, not US Rangers. =) Hence the mentioning of Liutenants and PIATs and the like.
-AGT
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 09:13:34 pm »

uuuuuuuaaaaaghhh

fail.
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 09:16:01 pm »

uuuuuuuaaaaaghhh

fail.

If thats the case..
I've single handedly fought off a 2 person tommy+LT blob with a p4 fully upgraded p4, careful microing of 3 assault grens and a mortar halftrack with incend.

it's true.

(sorry for the double post, accidents happen, is there a way to delete your own posts?)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:19:02 pm by DiBBs » Logged
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:07 pm »

"Hint" Let us snipe the LT n CPT as a counter measure. At the moment it takes 2-4 hit with a sniper to kill them. Angry

How about not. No one would *ever* have a vetted LT or CPT if you could one-shot them. I mean how overpowered would snipers be versus the British at that point? Kill one unit and severely nerf the player's surrounding squads?

That'd be like some sort of no-skill win button.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 05:31:43 am »

Well if ur stupid enough to leave ur LT or CPT in the open or vulnerable to sniper shots then ur LT/CPT should die in one shot. I don't see how an officer can stand upto 3 shots from a scoped rifle. (is he terminator or something) Shocked

He might be the backbone of the british army but its stupid where they charge in and the only unit to survive is the stupid officer with vet 2 and just runs off. WTF

If I was a sniper id go for officer not the infantry man. No officer = No blob with heroic charge = half your units survive and u own the british player.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 06:11:32 am »

if by 'in the open' you mean with the squads he is supposed to be supporting, then i guess you'd see alot of that. anyway, officers are picked out alot easier with assault infantry. i played a game earlier where the guy had 1 KCH that almost killed my captain in about 2 seconds, had i not retreated him. thats some insane damage.
1 shotting snipers would be all but unavoidable, as brits really don't have any decent detection save for stumbling over snipers, and would lead to some shamelss vet griefing, especially annoying as regular brit units vet up slower than other factions, thus rely on their officers for the bonus'
BigDick
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 06:22:01 am »

Tommies are just as easilly suppressed as any other infantry.

What kills flammewerfer in a few seconds and is available to tommies?

tommies have soldier armour so they are NOT as easily supressed as any other infantry

especially with heroic charge or riflenades

if by 'in the open' you mean with the squads he is supposed to be supporting, then i guess you'd see alot of that. anyway, officers are picked out alot easier with assault infantry. i played a game earlier where the guy had 1 KCH that almost killed my captain in about 2 seconds, had i not retreated him. thats some insane damage.

3 elite dudes all equiped with mp44 could't manage to kill a single guy? that is some insane damage resistant

and i saw a captain picking up a shrek and surviving at least 5 direct stuh hits and the complete first callin of a guy in R+ mode
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:06 am »

i meant there was 1 KCH (1 man, not 1 squad) on minimal health, the rest of his squad had been wiped out in a previous engagment.

that captain was probably vet 2 at least, and very lucky =P
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 06:40:51 am »

You know what would stop people using fucking blobs ? The ability to have combined arms in their PROPER use.
Look at the mg emplacement, and mortar who buys that ? Honestly.
And look at mukip and his company.
Uses commando SUPPORT weps and american atgs.
And thats how it should. Other than getting american reinforcement to get the fuck away from the broken british support weps, theres no other way than blobbing Tongue
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:44:24 am by Schultz » Logged
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 06:47:09 am »

also, tommies are by far the easiest suppressed infantry in the game, i don't think their armour type changes that. 1 burst is normally enough to have several squads on the floor, so heroic charge is a necesscity, and your buggered if you don't have any vet Lt's
perfil02 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:01 am »

they can kill falmmenwerfer in a few seconds, also they have some kind of good suppresion resisntece + fireup + the best infatry weapons + captains leutenants etc...

Tommies are just as easilly suppressed as any other infantry.

What kills flammewerfer in a few seconds and is available to tommies?

tommies have better supression resistance, also they have that "fire up" with their officer (i dont know it's name) 2 tommies squad with bren can kill flammenwerfer in a sec, if there's another with granade launchers can clear buildings easily, if there's also 1 57mm ATG to easily kill buttoned tanks, and one of those officers wich give great buffs, that's all a brit player needs to counter almost everything.
UnderpoweredAll Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 07:08:29 am »

realistically i just don't think an officer would run around in such an obvious and easy to spot manner, it wouldn't be such an easy sniping shot in such a short amount of time
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 07:27:53 am »

Chomp, chomp, chomp...
Panzershrecks are lock on hit-from-whatever-range super weapons, stormtroopers can pop out of nowhere and catch tanks or vulnerable infantry, Pumas are uncounterable, treadbreaker is like a cheat and all the while somebody complains about a faction that has the least amount of viable units.

If Infantry Section blobs are occuring, its because there is no British assault troops, there are no British HMGs, there are no British mortars and there are not many players who can micro.

The same complaints in this thread could be leveled at any faction.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc