Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:00:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tetrarch Light Tank ( Vs Tanks)  (Read 12915 times)
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 10:04:16 am »

at the chance of sounded like a bastard, i have to say the tet is fine as is.

while can so some severe damage is crazy microed, it is unlikely to kill anything but light armour or damaged tanks.

i think the reason it has inspired so much RAAAAGGGGEEE it because of it's annoying, guerilla qualities, supposesdly synonymous with  the commando doctrine. if it was any weaker armour wise, it would quickly become useless to the point where no-one except the most suicidal of individuals would take them, which is what i suppose you guys (hummel drivers in particular) want in the end =P
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 10:16:32 am »

Khorney, you spoke the truth. Whenever I get my Tets going I always scream, "Alalalalalaalalalalalalalalalah!!!" And yes, the Tets are fine as is, but it irks me just a bit when it takes a couple of shots from a big mofo tank just to kill a little flea.

Actually that could be a good comparison. Tets are like fleas. They are annoying as hell, hard to catch, and tough little buggers.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 10:23:57 am »

It just makes sense though. Its not like its going to make anything imba.  And even if you do micro your heavy tank, that thing is fast enough to keep circling it as it backs up or moves forward or whatever. Change its facing? That thing is already circling faster than the turret you think changing the facing is really going to do anything? And yes it will be supported, but most likely the tet will be too and the heavies tie up pop and tets barely so what? I hate comparing units 1 vs 1 because thats not what balance is about, but do you think it that bad that if you charge a heavy tank head on with a tet and it gets 1 shotted? Come in where the turret isn't facing, but that requires not charging head on and an extra click. Oh noes... not an extra click! That means more micro.... OMFG!!!

Bolded for emphasis.

Changing the facing enables you to keep even the slowest of tanks' turrets rotating at the same rate any other tank can circle you. I think for the KT you may need to use a road bonus, but that's the worst one.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 06:52:53 pm »

It just makes sense though. Its not like its going to make anything imba.  And even if you do micro your heavy tank, that thing is fast enough to keep circling it as it backs up or moves forward or whatever. Change its facing? That thing is already circling faster than the turret you think changing the facing is really going to do anything? And yes it will be supported, but most likely the tet will be too and the heavies tie up pop and tets barely so what? I hate comparing units 1 vs 1 because thats not what balance is about, but do you think it that bad that if you charge a heavy tank head on with a tet and it gets 1 shotted? Come in where the turret isn't facing, but that requires not charging head on and an extra click. Oh noes... not an extra click! That means more micro.... OMFG!!!

Bolded for emphasis.

Changing the facing enables you to keep even the slowest of tanks' turrets rotating at the same rate any other tank can circle you. I think for the KT you may need to use a road bonus, but that's the worst one.

My tiger ace was able to actually out-track a tet by turning with the circle strafe, I had to actually slow down the turn cause I was rotating my turret too fast and it was outpacing the tet.   And this wasn't on a road either.

I laugh everytime someone claims lone tigers get circle strafed to death by a single tank, ya sure, if you fail at microing...
petewinny23 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 11:48:39 pm »

Quote from: Dragon2008 on February 23, 2009, 10:57:44 am
Thats the only problem about some of the stupid things in this mod but then people would constantly compain about a sherman getting one shot by a tiger which happened in real life (like what happened to many allied tank). Id like to see some kinda of comman reality in some of the mod e.g. like the Tetrarch Light Tank Vs Tiger.

muhahahaha, been here done that.. its a game based on reality, but units are designed to have a use in game etc..  i.e.  Mark4s, pathers, tigers, king tigers all died to 1 shots from side or rear to Wolvirines, Fireflys, 76mm sherms etc..   i have brought up the one shot kill stuff enough to realise its not in this game for a reason, we would have very quick battles if stuff like that happened.

lets not forget what 1 shooted michael wittmans tiger and blew its top off.

appreciated the mark IV was easily knocked out by a sherman with a 76mm to frontal or side armour however a tiger I or even tiger II (King Tiger) for that matter you can forget about it completely unless your firing from point blank range from the rear or the side if your lucky. Goes for boozookas as well.

Couple of points that are really frustrating in this game:

1. The downplay of the panther tanks abilities.

It had frontal armour in the same quality as the pershing and churchill crocodile (VII) but has only slightly more health than a sherman whose frontal armour was realistically pathetically weak.

panther tanks had better frontal armour than tiger I tanks and more penetrating power in their 75mm/L70 gun than the tiger I so could knockout shermans, sherman fireflys, cromwells and Churchill IV tanks with one hit front or side armour at distances of up to 2000m.  Although Churchill IV tanks did have slightly better frontal armour and longer distances may not have proven fatal.  The only real contest in that list is the Firefly who only slightly betters the gun power of the panther.

2. The tetrarch LIGHT tank had armour frontal and rear much the same as that of an infantry haltrack, scout car or armoured car.  AKA at most 2 hits from a panzershreck and at most a definte one shot kill from a Tiger I, Panther or Tiger II. It was not a tank hunter!!!! It was infrantry support to knock out armoured cars and haltrack vehicles.

Having said that it could knock out a panzer IV from the side and a Panther and Jagd Panther from the side ONLY if it was within 250 metres range.  Something a tetrarch would not likely be wanting to be within.

Finally a tetrarch could not penetrate the armour frontal or side of a Tiger I, Tiger II no matter the circumstances its low calibre 2 pounder could not penetrate their thick armour and if it came too close would almost certainly be crippled by the Tiger II standing a good metre higher!

There speed capabilities are a little embelished as well. I fai to c how a tank can move almost as fast as a jep but scout cars and halftracks move soooooooooo slugishly!

This needs to be changed and so does that tiger Ace thing!

This should definitely be changed

tippy456 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 11:56:50 pm »

This is just a fucking realism arguement dressed up a little, isn't it?

Why shouldn't Tigers explode in one hit from a Firefly rear shot, if the axis player is dumb enough to turn his tank on it's ass? 

etc

etc

etc
u have a point there i mean there's nothing wrong with the tanks its the dumb retards commanding the tanks
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 05:46:05 am »

Quote from: Dragon2008 on February 23, 2009, 10:57:44 am
Thats the only problem about some of the stupid things in this mod but then people would constantly compain about a sherman getting one shot by a tiger which happened in real life (like what happened to many allied tank). Id like to see some kinda of comman reality in some of the mod e.g. like the Tetrarch Light Tank Vs Tiger.

muhahahaha, been here done that.. its a game based on reality, but units are designed to have a use in game etc..  i.e.  Mark4s, pathers, tigers, king tigers all died to 1 shots from side or rear to Wolvirines, Fireflys, 76mm sherms etc..   i have brought up the one shot kill stuff enough to realise its not in this game for a reason, we would have very quick battles if stuff like that happened.

lets not forget what 1 shooted michael wittmans tiger and blew its top off.

appreciated the mark IV was easily knocked out by a sherman with a 76mm to frontal or side armour however a tiger I or even tiger II (King Tiger) for that matter you can forget about it completely unless your firing from point blank range from the rear or the side if your lucky. Goes for boozookas as well.

Couple of points that are really frustrating in this game:

1. The downplay of the panther tanks abilities.

It had frontal armour in the same quality as the pershing and churchill crocodile (VII) but has only slightly more health than a sherman whose frontal armour was realistically pathetically weak.

panther tanks had better frontal armour than tiger I tanks and more penetrating power in their 75mm/L70 gun than the tiger I so could knockout shermans, sherman fireflys, cromwells and Churchill IV tanks with one hit front or side armour at distances of up to 2000m.  Although Churchill IV tanks did have slightly better frontal armour and longer distances may not have proven fatal.  The only real contest in that list is the Firefly who only slightly betters the gun power of the panther.

2. The tetrarch LIGHT tank had armour frontal and rear much the same as that of an infantry haltrack, scout car or armoured car.  AKA at most 2 hits from a panzershreck and at most a definte one shot kill from a Tiger I, Panther or Tiger II. It was not a tank hunter!!!! It was infrantry support to knock out armoured cars and haltrack vehicles.

Having said that it could knock out a panzer IV from the side and a Panther and Jagd Panther from the side ONLY if it was within 250 metres range.  Something a tetrarch would not likely be wanting to be within.

Finally a tetrarch could not penetrate the armour frontal or side of a Tiger I, Tiger II no matter the circumstances its low calibre 2 pounder could not penetrate their thick armour and if it came too close would almost certainly be crippled by the Tiger II standing a good metre higher!

There speed capabilities are a little embelished as well. I fai to c how a tank can move almost as fast as a jep but scout cars and halftracks move soooooooooo slugishly!

This needs to be changed and so does that tiger Ace thing!

This should definitely be changed

THIS ISN'T A REALISM MOD!

Go play BoTB if you want realism.

THIS ISN'T A REALSIM MOD!

Thank you.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 05:58:52 am »

"This isn't a realism mod. . . ."

Becomes:

"I don't want to adhere to rules of common sense,"

When fix'd.

Realism is obviously the basis for this game. It is far too easy to flank a heavy tank using a light tank. Just as it's far too easy for an allied sniper to evade sniper shots, and it's far too easy to germediers to emplace an LMG.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 06:34:29 am »

What really peeves me off is that the guy ignores the actual gameplay mechanics as he's complaining - the Panther has the best armor and the best penetration in the game(as well as being very long ranged), yet he still argues about the Panther being poorly portrayed.
Armor(Penetration Resistance) and Health(Ammount of penetrated shots a unit can take before exploding) is NOT the same and should never be.
If we played this like it was in real life, it would NOT be fun - it would be annoying and frustrating.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 11:32:16 am »

I'm starting to remember from various relicnews thread after COH came out how pointless it is to argue with the realism crowd.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:34:06 am by Mukip » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc