Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 09:26:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] The lovely Ranger discussion  (Read 14670 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:27 pm »

PE isn't meant to have Support weapons. Multiple PE units can function in a support role the Inf HT suppresses really good now. I'm sure both of you would agree PE just has to be played differently. I just don't think that 3 AC's for the same population of 2 Puma's is really appropriate. 6 population on a bullet resistant  infantry eater of super speed doesn't seem right.

Infantry HT cannot function in the same roles as a MG.  MG has long range, can be garrisoned so a direct assault by infantry is nearly impossible.

an infantry HT would get owned by a single squad of any AT infantry.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 06:34:10 pm »

I just don't think that 3 AC's for the same population of 2 Puma's is really appropriate. 6 population on a bullet resistant  infantry eater of super speed doesn't seem right.

Although I *partially* agree with that, are you aware of of its availabity ? (only 3....) and btw.... US light tank spamming rapes the PE :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 02:43:26 am »

So, can we get back to tpoic now please?

I think Rangers should be harder to vet, i mean, you don't see Vet 2 KCH nowadays, do you. But i have already seen Vet 2- 3 Ranger blobs.

If you want to keep KCH vet you will have to retreat as soon as one man is lost, if you retreat when the second man is lost it will get risky already.
Rangers on the other hand profit from the 6 men they have and will only get retreated if they have like only 2 guys left. So i don't see how both being nearly the same price is ok.
And then there's the Thompson. As stated before, Rangers with zooks are fine, they kill but they don't crush everything. Thompsons on the other hand... 3 Rangers(i mean men) will win to 3 KCH (men) .

Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 02:48:51 am »

PE isn't meant to have Support weapons. Multiple PE units can function in a support role the Inf HT suppresses really good now. I'm sure both of you would agree PE just has to be played differently. I just don't think that 3 AC's for the same population of 2 Puma's is really appropriate. 6 population on a bullet resistant  infantry eater of super speed doesn't seem right.

Infantry HT cannot function in the same roles as a MG.  MG has long range, can be garrisoned so a direct assault by infantry is nearly impossible.

an infantry HT would get owned by a single squad of any AT infantry.

Yeah, not to mention what an atg can do to halftracks.
I always felt like pe is the first to go down when you launch a well coordinated attack. They can't defend. Their best bet is to out micro and out perform the opposition, rather than counter them per definition.
They depend so heavilly on vehicles, its their big advantage as it is their biggest flaw. Once you focus on killing their vehicles with combined at, while you mg and supporting infantry proceed to advance and engage, then the pe player has to fall back, and that turns out to a game of cat and mouse. PE cant hold territory, theyre like nomads unfortunately.
One of the reasons why i think eir has nothing to do with vcoh linear gameplay is that what normally can work for pe there cant here.

To get back on topic and to add up apart from what baine said about rangers, i think the deal with kch is but a fraction of a big change in eir. Long range weps > Assault ones.
Can you really trust your assault troops charging into a blob of infantry that will kill you before you even engage ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc