Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:31:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get more people to join EiR:R  (Read 4802 times)
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 03, 2009, 08:25:13 am »

There was no appropriate place in which to post this topic, but I thought as this a Recruitment Strategy that this was the perfect place.

A few day ago there was an open dicussion on Vent as to the reason why there was such a hi turn over rate of US players and players in general, Im not going to go into that here but I will say that If you attract better players maybe the turn over rate wont be as hi.  Instead of aiming at the causaul games aim at the hard core gamers.

At present a casaul gamers join up and get crushed, that no different to vCoH, it they want to get crushed the option is therefore them.  The casaul gamer will find it hard to adapt and even harder to get a win against compertent players.  There will after a few attempts think that although this mod is a good concept, no casaul gamer wants to lose ever game, so inherently you lose these players quite rapidly.

This however would not be th case if you atracted gamers, by gamers I mean good skilled player with an edge of competitiveness about them and the dettermination to win.  These are the kind of players, like myself (lol) that even after to getting beaten badly sit down analise the way they played and figure out away to counter the enemy, this is inorder to prove to them selves that they can beat this game. 

So Im argueing that the hi US turnover rate is due to the the players themselves, in essents actract gamers not casaul ones and they will stict it out throught the tought learning curve.  So in order to reduce the turnover rate we need to attract hardcore gamers, but how do we do this?  I myslef join EiR throught word of mouth, I was playing vCoH and some one told me about it.  So I came and had a look and after that playing vCoH  prety much just wasnt the same, so I stayed.  This mean that you need to directly target vCoH gamers inorder to increase numbers, and to do this we need to have a presence in the vCoH world.  Would could do this by 2/3 players making acount with EiR in there name and created games tilte say europeinruins.com 2v2 or even 4v4 etc, this would make an almost clan prensence which can only be a considered positive action fo the community. This would have the intent of having a game but promoting the sight at the same time. If you let them know it is,here they will come in flocks.   We will lose alot of the new intake but we will gain a hard core few of die hards, that will stick it throught the harsh learning curve. 

I would like your coments on this and any orther ways in which we could get a bigger community, cheers.

-HansVonLuk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:28:19 am by HansVonLuk » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:27:30 am »

Moved it to Related Discussion Tongue.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:31:00 am »

I think once the warmap goes in, the hardcore crowd will be satisfied
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:32:38 am »

Rofl, why would hardcore crowd be interssted in a warmap people who like to play a game very competitivley generally do it cause it satisfys their ego, for example huge vet armys and stats beside their name... I for one an not gonna go head over heels to play an eir game cause its got some silly warmap, i'm gonna play it cause i feel like i'm gaining something.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:54:29 am »

Typical Brad Behaviour.  Roll Eyes

You gain quite a lot from the warmap, so before you dismiss it as bullshit, perhaps you should wait and see what it is.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:15:09 am »

"Hardcore" crowd is not here because of War Map unless you're referring to the hardcore realism crowd, who are likely going to have a joygasm over it.

I'm here because I love persistant environments, so the War Map is awesome from my perspective. But, people like, say, Smokaz would just be here because it's something new and interesting to play. There's all kinds of different people attracted to this game, and there's different people "hardcore-ly" into different concepts...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:19:14 am »

Sometimes I get the impression that people who play this game are winging and whining dicks who forget that this is just a game where army mens kill each other and shout fuck alot and, yes, that includes me too.

Infact I am generally on the frontlines of winging, whining and calling people faggots during games. Thats just how I roll.

But I never discourage new player for playing, except when I am drunk angry (sorry sever5 i was a real faggot to you).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:24:31 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:31:02 am »

Leaderboard is what i want, to brag about my high vet army and units and 20billion wins 0 losses. Its also much more fun to get top of the leaderboards in here then in coh where you have to play 50-100 games to get first page and theres less balance problems here.

If you want more people to play the mod spam it on gamereplays and get everyone that plays to post in the thread saying how 1337 it is.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:32:59 am by Two » Logged

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:32:55 am »

Sometimes I get the impression that people who play this game are winging and whining dicks who forget that this is just a game where army mens kill each other and shout fuck alot and, yes, that includes me too.

Infact I am generally on the frontlines of winging, whining and calling people faggots during games. Thats just how I roll.

But I never discourage new player for playing, except when I am drunk angry (sorry sever5 i was a real faggot to you).

I dont even know where I am going with this!

Fuck competitve play I guess
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:36:10 am »

I think right now this mod is more toward the hard core gamer.  With the Persistency and PP dealing with Multiple units and VEt, A new player can get overwhelmed easily by someone with a massive army compltly customized the way they wanted it.

Its the same as any MMO.  New players who are lvl 1 can not fight a lvl 25 effectivly at first, They learn tips and tricks, build their own ways and play.  

Unfortunatly the mod is not for everyone.  However, with that being said, The more peopel exposed to the mod the more will stay.  BEfore a couple months ago smokaz was an unheard of name... and now hes mentioned quite frequently.  

Out of every 10 people exposed to EIRR, maybe 5 play and out of those 5 3 stay longer then a week and then maybe 1-2 stay longer than that.  

So the key is just to let people test the game, Help people who need to get started, have community and a game.  

EIRR is amazing, going in a true direction and can only get better with every patch.  You know all the devs and they work their asses off.  The thing we all need to work on from the guy that joined yesterday to the guy thats been here for 2 years, is the community aspect, helping new people out.  

No matter how great the game is, No one wants to be called names and yelled at all the time.  MAkes the most fun games boring as shit.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:49:52 am »

Rofl, why would hardcore crowd be interssted in a warmap people who like to play a game very competitivley generally do it cause it satisfys their ego, for example huge vet armys and stats beside their name... I for one an not gonna go head over heels to play an eir game cause its got some silly warmap, i'm gonna play it cause i feel like i'm gaining something.

bleh all that you talk about is long gone....well at least for me. Vet is more easily to get now than before. Wins and losses are irrevelant at the moment. It all takes time but some are just not as patient as we should be.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 10:56:25 am »

I'm uploading my EiR Promo video atm, so hopefully this is good enough to catch peoples interest :p

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 11:09:09 am »

Unfortunatly the mod is not for everyone.  However, with that being said, The more peopel exposed to the mod the more will stay.  BEfore a couple months ago smokaz was an unheard of name... and now hes mentioned quite frequently.

I've known Smokaz from retail for a while. He had a nasty habit of showing up whenever I got a win streak and taking it from me.

Then one day he showed up in EiR and took my win streak from me there, too.

Bastard >.>
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 11:59:05 am »

I think we should get rid of the EiR Wins and show the Loses because people are so afraid of playing players with a 8-1 record, I'D rather see it showing how many loses the player has.. I dont really know if it would make a difference but yeah.

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 01:53:02 pm »

Make the factions more interesting to play? Create doctrinal diversity?

Wehr is the perfect example of a faction that was made correctly. Even without doctrine selection, a Wehr player has choices to pretty much everything a good army needs, be it shock troops or artillery. Wehr has more multiple-tiers of units than any other faction out there, making company builds interesting and less limited.

We meed more Wehrmacht-like factions that still maintain their own identity, if you know what I mean.
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »

Can't we just offer them all pie?

But no really, I think that one of the best ways to show off the mod is actual game replays like Two said. If peolpe can see how the game actually works and can watch a battle or 2 before they actually play it their minds will be half made up already. If they watch a game or 2 and think that it looks good they will want to play. If they only have word of mouth to go on lets hope its the good word.

Evil incarnate, devourer of sensitive n00bs, scourge of battlefield, crusader of sanity
speigas

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 02:20:36 pm »

I've read through the starting post again, and finally deciphered the biggest paragraph...but I partially disagree with the author's position.

Why is the US turnover rate so high?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 03:14:00 pm »

Ninjapaks
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 09:00:14 am »

This --> http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=5054.30
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: