Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:31:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: issues with sportsmanship  (Read 3619 times)
Saint Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 10, 2009, 11:26:18 pm »

i've recently gotten back into the mod and found it a rewarding experience and great way to spend time when im not at work. The one major issue i have tho is the general disregard people have for each other in this mod. I'm not gonna name names or any of that shit its just that i think people should look at what they can do to improve the manner in which the game is played. Also i think this would improve the amount of new players that actually stay with the Mod. These are just my thoughts after a few days back at it!

Please discuss your views on the current sportmanship and your experiences with other players in the mod (without attacking them or starting a flame war)

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »

I have played games with both types good sports and bad sports and then theirs in between just like some people like to spam the most cost effective units and some like to build balanced companies ..

I think your company build has something to do with sportsmanship as well has losing with a good attitude....

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:28 am »

Killing your vet isn't bad sportsmenship.. its tactical reprisal for you killing my units!

other then that, I hope we can continue to help people be more friendly to each other!

Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:54:22 am »

hey i encourage everyone to vet hunt!
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:56:51 am »

Killing your vet isn't bad sportsmenship.. its tactical reprisal for you killing my units!

other then that, I hope we can continue to help people be more friendly to each other!

Who brought up killing vet?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:33 am »

No one .. its usually one of the 'sportsmen like' comments though that i've run into ! heh!
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 01:54:03 am »

There is nothing wrong with vet hunting. Don't bring what you can't stand to lose. If you don't retreat it, you're going to use it. If thats the case, it deserves to be killed.

My issues with EiRR pertaining to sportsmanship are usually;

1. There are players who like to taunt and call other's noobs when they are winning during the game. Coincidentally, some of these people like to stack and noob bash as well.
2. There are players who like to gloat and flame others when they win.

Under the rules established by EiRR, it is not a "ban-able" offence or anything so they are generally free to do as they wish. The thing about playing games in EiRR, is that players need to agree to play with you. If they do so, the minimum courtesy is to simply keep your silence and finish with a "gg" when the stomp's over.

And some players wonder why they don't get any games at all.

My advice is to avoid these players, and I would very much like it if there's a big IGNORE button I can use for launcher chat.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 02:53:45 am »

indeed some people chase units off map others let them go when they retreat...

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:04:55 am »

Killing vet units when they retreat is sportsmanship, Psychological war. Making  him retreat when the units got even more health

Hunting a vet 2/3 sniper with a jeep is MEGA fun

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
rommelrules Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:08:35 am »

it's mainly the stacking and the fact that alot of the good players stack, if they see a game with a new guy or some1 who is starting again they won't play in those games.

stacking is one of the biggest problems in EiRR i reckon
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 03:12:18 am »

I think those are the natural downsides of a larger community compared to the days where we were a considerably small community. You get more players so you're bound to get a bigger % of vCOH's jerks.

I can assure you though, if there's people harassing/flaming/etc in game, send Das Noob or someone else the replay and we will take action against those individuals.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 03:36:52 am »

I think you should stfu Saint and take your whoopings like the little bitch you are.

xD

But seriously, you are right, theres way too much drama atm.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 03:40:22 am »

Well to be honest: I love playing any game even if they don't have all the abilities etc. But it is the fact that some new players are so terrible bad at many or few things that yust makes you go in a rage and makes the game yust plain unfun.

It is like yelling at the retarded ai in some games, it is yust to frustrating.

Eir customer support staff.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 04:26:19 am »

I disagree that there are sportsmanships problems in EIRR and with the idea that this is any significant problem with the mod.

I know the great majority of the regulars through contact over some time, and more than I see bad sportsmanship, I see a few persons who through their forum and game presence are trying so hard to control and tailor the game environment to fit their own taste and needs, instead of focusing more on actually playing the game and enjoying it for what it currently is.

These person's constant claiming that there's someting wrong and that jibba and jabba is destroying the mod are in my eyes just reflecting on their own disfunction as a member of a group, giving destructive feedback and alienizing themself from the other players or organizing their own little bro-clubs shunning outside contact.

My advice to this player group would be to play the game more and spend less time on the forums and the meadows reflecting on the metaphysical metagame.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 04:39:17 am »

Could not have said it better myself.

Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 04:39:24 am »

I disagree that there are sportsmanships problems in EIRR and with the idea that this is any significant problem with the mod.

I know the great majority of the regulars through contact over some time, and more than I see bad sportsmanship, I see a few persons who through their forum and game presence are trying so hard to control and tailor the game environment to fit their own taste and needs, instead of focusing more on actually playing the game and enjoying it for what it currently is.

These person's constant claiming that there's someting wrong and that jibba and jabba is destroying the mod are in my eyes just reflecting on their own disfunction as a member of a group, giving destructive feedback and alienizing themself from the other players or organizing their own little bro-clubs shunning outside contact.

My advice to this player group would be to play the game more and spend less time on the forums and the meadows reflecting on the metaphysical metagame.

Yeah Salan, whats your problem anyway?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 04:43:00 am »

Obviously that did not include the devs, sach. Somebody has to run the ship! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc