Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:47:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presenting: Mal's Skinpack 3.0  (Read 14011 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« on: June 18, 2009, 11:48:06 pm »

For the first time anywhere, hereby presenting the best skinpack to date, ever. This means you Akranadas. And stay down.  Grin

Including a complete overhaul of the in-game skins, even down to the goliath this time. Not really, nobody cares about how the goliath looks, it's just going to suicide anyway! But every other unit, even the ToV exclusives in this release, have their own skins! The Panzer Elite theme is reimagined and redone with some amazing stripe camo patterns (and unfortunately a less than amazing new armored car pattern, but there's a long story behind that) in addition to a brand new Panther! The US armor pieces received some loving as well in this update, and especially quality-heavy this time out is the infamous Wehrmacht. Sporting brand new camo patterns on all of its support crews and grenadiers as well as a completely redesigned Hans, it's not short on changes and improvements at any turn.

If you want the highest quality skin compilation this side of the Rhine, it's time to go download the pack! Link at the bottom of the page!

Installation Instructions

Simply extract the "externalskinpack.sga" file to your company of heroes/europe in ruins/archives folder (the one with all the maps in it!) and you are good to go!

Unit Preview Screenshots! <- ALL NEW CONTENT SINCE 2.0 (When I say "all new" I do not mean that this is the extent of the new content, but rather that all of this content is new)

All in-game, all the time! Please note that these screenshots are WIIIIIIIIIIIDE. There is a scroll bar at the bottom.

Now THAT is a veteran Ostwind.

Daring new reskin? Daring maneuver? Whatever it is you're doing Mr. Halftrack, I'd say so.

Amazing new camo pattern on the grenadiers matches their heavy support brethren. This particular squad leader knows what he's doing using that kind of camoflage.

Advancing? On a machinegun? Daring maneuver. Clearly this skinpack will make your units more bold and powerful!

A mortar in matching camoflage doing what they do best: daring to launch a mortar in spite of allied artillery.

Look at how hardcore that camo makes that machinegunner. He's totally one-man-armying those hundred riflemen. Don't you want in on that?

The new PaK, now with extra camo bits for extra invisibility to the allied commander in the field.

Now you, too, can have a Conan the Barbarian powered M8 - limited time offer!

This new axis sniper can clearly hit a reichsmark at a thousand meters, even with all that distraction!

What are you waiting for? Download NOW!

Mal's Skinpack Version 3.0 Full Release
Includes things such as Swastikas and SS lightning bolt "rune" symbols.

Mal's Skinpack Version 3.0 Censored Release
Has had Nazi paraphernalia removed for those of you who wish to not be exposed to that subject matter for personal reasons or due to local laws. Also has the benefit of being a few megabytes smaller.

Release Notes

*These skins still will not function properly on a mac in all likelihood.
*The armored car skin is a bit subpar from what I had intended to include, but I could not get around Relic's stupid "missing RGM file" error. It would work, then I would do nothing to the file, reboot CoH, and it would cease to work. Clearly out of my hands. The file size would be another few MB smaller if it had worked as intended.
*I'm sure there's a bunch of extraneous files as well, but I'm a skin pack compiler, not a modder. The last time I tried reducing file size I nicked about 20 MB off before I got hit by an unfixable blue box error on the Motorcycle and had to restart from scratch. Leave the file size trimming to somebody with more experience.
*These skins are, in terms of representing historical units, fairly historically accurate. All units in-game that existed in the real war are represented as is best possible by their real, historical uniform or paint. In the case of some fictional units (such as Knight's Cross Holders) I have taken personal liberties with the skin choice, as they are fictional anyway and thus impossible to represent historically.

These skins have been assembled for personal use only, and are not officially supported by Europe in Ruins, Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements, "EiRRMod", or any of the other Europe in Ruins/Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements staff. The user "Malevolence" takes credit only for the assembly of these pieces of game artwork in the form they have presently, and does not claim credit for any of the actual artwork involved in this skinpack. All he did was shove them all into a big file directory and hit "pack"; no matter how annoying it was, it still does not compare to making the actual skins.

Artist Credits -
Please view the credits to my v1.0 and v2.0 skinpacks. In addition to those artists, there is also now the addition of a few skins by MrScruff.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:28:00 am by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:02:53 am »

Full version is now up.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:15:40 am »

HA, Almost exactly like mine
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:17:06 am »

And yet, mine came out sooner, and is clearly better. Because all of my bomb-diggity content is not visible due to a distinct lack of PE.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:20:43 am by Malevolence » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:19:12 am »

llooooolll

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:44 am »

You should probably credit the artists you took the skins from.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 12:25:15 am »

I swear I put in a reference that it's the same artists as last time with the addition of MrScruff. I'll tack that right on there.
CryingWolf Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:13 am »

Any chance of a screenie of the Gloliath :3
Want to see what the skin is like, not that it matters much ^^

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?
Glaze Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:58:16 am »

How about a screen of luftwaffe infantry? Cheesy

Glaze (US)!
I am also...
Glazerman (PE)
Glaza (CW)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 09:06:30 am »

One question:
Why is the Wehrmacht sniper shooting Grens in the last screenshot?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 10:05:45 am »

Because he knew the Reich wasn;t gonna last 1000 years and he was making a "Moral" choice.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 10:08:05 am »

rofl that arent grens, it are US troops that look like grens becouse of stupid skinpack  Grin standing behind the grens.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:16 am »

How about a screen of luftwaffe infantry?

They should look similar, but now have helmets.

rofl that arent grens, it are US troops that look like grens becouse of stupid skinpack   standing behind the grens.

The actual picture is a depiction of the Wehr Sniper countersniping a US Sniper in the tooshie, with a blood spurt coming out of the US Sniper's head for some reason. The grens were just there to reveal him.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:53:24 am »

its not a stupid skinpack, its just that i could say it  Roll Eyes
btw im using your skinpack now, nice job  Grin
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 12:00:47 pm »

Sorry, I just copy-pasted what you wrote  Cheesy
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:49 pm »

sweet....thanks Grin

fuck off...
Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 05:08:46 pm »

Love it!

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »

i liked the non censored version but if im making movies, ug... gotta use it.

bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:08:24 pm »

even down to the goliath this time. Not really, nobody cares about how the goliath looks, it's just going to suicide anyway!

Not true.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 11:38:43 pm »

Wth Mal, BoBBySMITHs parents are goliaths, his sister is a goliath, he even married a goliath and made 2 little goliaths!

Show him some respect please.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc