Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 02:28:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casual Players and Noobs  (Read 8741 times)
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 26, 2009, 04:58:15 pm »

What's with "stacking?"  

I'm a noob and a casual gamer, I like the concept behind EIR, but unfortunately have little time to spare to play  it.  Earlier, I joined a 3 v 3 pickkup game, but the two teammates that were there abandoned the game, where upon SpartaofArmenia told me--many times--to leave, nobody wants to have a teammate like me because my stats suck.  Moreover, folks on Vent were telling me to leave the game so they could play with their pals, meanwhile it was a pickup game, not a set match (which I have no problem leaving).  

WTF, people?  Are we here to play and enjoy a great mod, or are we here to be stat whores?  All I would like to do is take some time out of my week to enjoy this game.  I get enough of this petty BS from people at work, and I'm not getting paid to take it here!  

~Grand

The true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.  ~G.K. Chesterton
LeTon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:02:00 pm »

Some people on here are just really cliquey...not much you can do about it m8. There are quite a few good players that I know don't care about stats...they even played with my 1 win 9 loss wehr company when I first started out. So I guess it's all about who's on.

However, I'm under the impression that a side is allowed to ask you to leave politely if they have a teammate coming...*shrug*
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »

Yes, there are good players here that don't care about stats: Smokaz, Elitegren, SaintPauli, etc., however, I wasn't asked politely, and like I said, it was a pickup game, not a set match.  I have no problem leaving a game I just joined where the other teammates are waiting for a friend to join, but not when I am there first waiting for random players to join the pickup game.  They wanted me to leave because of my 0 win/5 loss record.  Whatever, I just wanted to play, what's the big deal?

~Grand
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:11:54 pm by GrandRoyale » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:52 pm »

lol wait did you just say smokaz doesnt care about stats...?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »

As far as his teammates and opponnent are concerned, yes.  His own stats, well, that might be a different story.

~Grand
Wnb1337 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 05:17:36 pm »

Aye... I know what you mean.. God damit good mod and still whining about stats...
"WAWA i must win and thats why you should fuck off" is bad attitude, and bad fact is that, alot of ppl have it
petewinny23 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 05:23:55 pm »

I made a few comments in the state of balance threads about this!! But no one really seems to care!!! IF you see me online I will gladly have a game with you no matter what your stats!

A few stats obsessed players could take a lesson from this thread cause time and time again you will find it hard to get games in the future.......take pak88 he pretty much only plays newbies now cause people who have played on here for ages dont really like to play him and i have seen them warn neople not to......still though ill still play him just to c his tactics cause he is good!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:26:06 pm by petewinny23 » Logged
Glaze Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:39:34 pm »

Hah, yeah, no doubt he's good.  I played two games with him earlier today and he just snapped at me out of nowhere during the second game, it wasn't pretty, and I can see why someone would warn people not to play with him.  Really stats souldn't influence who people play with and all, and if it becomes a serious problem (I, luckily, havn't had anything like that happen to me YET) perhaps the developers could make win/lose ratios a little less visible?

Glaze (US)!
I am also...
Glazerman (PE)
Glaza (CW)
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 05:57:53 pm »

lol wait did you just say smokaz doesnt care about stats...?

i spat water out.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:18:30 pm »

I try to get easy games because hard games give me stress and stress gives me diarrhea.  Tongue

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 06:21:34 pm »

Yes, there are good players here that don't care about stats: Smokaz, Elitegren, SaintPauli, etc., however, I wasn't asked politely, and like I said, it was a pickup game, not a set match.  I have no problem leaving a game I just joined where the other teammates are waiting for a friend to join, but not when I am there first waiting for random players to join the pickup game.  They wanted me to leave because of my 0 win/5 loss record.  Whatever, I just wanted to play, what's the big deal?

~Grand

lol.... Cheesy
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:25:31 pm »

Whats the point of stats?
I'd rather have them removed from launcher tbh.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 06:31:02 pm »

I agree with elitegren, it really makes people that much more competitive and more selective with who they play and they only play to win when stats are involved..  Tongue

Rawr
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:20 pm »

Removing stats would just cause a massacre of noobs from stackers who organize on vent.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:53 pm »

Don't listen to what people say about stats - just play. If someone has a problem with playing with someone of low stats on their team, doesn't mean all people are like that. You already have a pretty known name(as in, you will be able to start the game without outside help kind of known, not stalked to find out your company in order to beat you 'known'), so just pay no attention to people like that.

I usualy play with anyone on my team, unless it's a half-arranged match, or if I'm too tired and the opposition seems tough enough for me to require well-qualified assistance ^^.

Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 06:37:40 pm »

So would you prefer not to A) know the level of the players your with and B) the level of your opponents?  Or would you not prefer to know the win/loss ratio?

Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:49:00 pm »

Not knowing the rank won't make a difference because stackers will stack all the same.
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 08:26:18 pm »

As a casual player...i just play whatever game gives me the most PP even if I know the odds are clearly against me.  Anyone else play this way? 

Also ..I think the ranks should go higher than 8...even if there are no inherent bonuses, because some rank 8 clearly  >>> than others.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 09:12:34 pm »

As a casual player...i just play whatever game gives me the most PP even if I know the odds are clearly against me.  Anyone else play this way? 

Also ..I think the ranks should go higher than 8...even if there are no inherent bonuses, because some rank 8 clearly  >>> than others.

Fantastic post there.  I just play for the game, not like "oh i'm only gonna get 6pp out of it so theres no reason to play" bs.
Yeah ranks should just go to 20 or something, it shouldn't be that hard to throw in a couple of pictures and a few more levels.

Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 09:19:49 pm »

i like the idea of playing against high lvl ppl even if you're going to lose...BUT i find this makes it also much more likely to lose vetted units. Personally i don't care about stats, but i'm attached to my men. If the high lvl ppl didn't murder my shit then i would play them  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc