Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:39:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Burnt Out  (Read 3816 times)
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:13 pm »

Well, I've got a fairly well vetted Ami company and I'm rank 7.

There's just one problem.  I can't bring myself to do 20 + games just to get a t4 (m1 upgrades).  Think about it, there are almost 0 rank 8's (AFAIK) a few rank 7's (like me) and most people are rank 6 and below. 

Browsing through the 2 open games right now, I'd be getting 12 xp & 8 xp if I won both respectively.  Never mind losses, draws, or other technical difficulties. 

I thought pp's were for spending on things, but with this stupid 200xp requirement for rank 8, I've got nothing to spend on.

I'm just not gonna grind almost an entire day (1 hour per game) away for this, EiR is supposed to be a game not my life.

/Signed, the petition for reduction/elimination/repurposing of experience.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:26:08 pm »

Realize that during a war you'd building these companies over at least 6 weeks (probably more like 10), which is twice as long as we've had already considering 006 went live June 2nd.  Even if you play just one game a day you'd hit Rank 8 according to your 20 games theory.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:38:46 pm »

6 weeks?

Thats dumb (imo)  I play eve for month long stuff, I liked the old EiR where I could get a t4 in 2 or 3 games and then spend the rest of my time fleshing out my stuff.  That was more fun, especially because I could try out other things too, not be chained to what I've got (like now)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:40:54 pm »

6 weeks is the intended length for the warmap campaign.

Could last less than a month, or up to 8+ - but 6 was our target.

Sounds like its working as intended.

Im sorry you cant get everything for your army so quickly (unless you REALLY grind) - but thats not how this works.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:46:26 pm »

Any comparisons on OMG 'level up' time?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »

-snip-
Wrong thread
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:51:25 pm by EIRRMod » Logged
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »

Wrong thread, I'm guessing?

On topic, how do people play a game a day? Do you have work/school? It's summer right now, but how do you find the time to play on weekdays?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 08:50:59 pm »

lol yep.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 09:00:27 pm »

Any comparisons on OMG 'level up' time?

I believe he means the actual avatar leveling in EIRR.  We have nothing to do with OMG, and I personally have no clue what they have done over there for their leveling, and doubt I will likely find out.

you will note that if you start a new company in EIRR your xp/pp will sky rocket for the most part as the people you play against are higher level and you can actually get double the pp/xp per game even if you lose, even 4x by winning sometimes!

In your original post you are referring to the old EIR structure of free cp and rbs.  Of course those don't exist in EIRR and EIRR is a completely different game then EIR was (except the attack/defend mcp), in every aspect right down to our database design.    We allowed newer companies to level faster when playing more established players rather then giving pp/xp for free by simply creating a company.

your point about needing the 20 games for level 8, from level 7, is accurate in the current environment.  We like to maintain developmental awareness of how things will work once it is all implemented.  Everything we have done is with the goal of a war map dictating the reasons to play, not only company development.  until that is in, you are missing your MAIN reason for playing EIRR, sadly.

once we are done with 006, we are well on our way... working diligently and all that.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 09:56:40 pm »

6 weeks?

Thats dumb (imo)  I play eve for month long stuff, I liked the old EiR where I could get a t4 in 2 or 3 games and then spend the rest of my time fleshing out my stuff.  That was more fun, especially because I could try out other things too, not be chained to what I've got (like now)

only reason you could do that is cuz you came in late and you got 50 points right off the bat. If you started a brand new war, it take sa long time ot get that t4 (and much more rewarding imo) remember, EIRR is not a finished project, but EIR was so there were steps in place to make new accounts easier to keep up with the old players with them getting 50 after a certain amount of time.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 10:03:58 pm »

A huge part of what attracts people to EiR is the long term persistent nature of the mod.  I'm sure some people might prefer to be handed a fully developed company, but I think many more would be bored to death with that sort of thing.

The only real issue is how latecomers and new players to the current "war" are handled without either giving them too much so as to belittle the accomplishment, or not give them enough and discourage them from playing. 
bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »

kinda off topic, but when the war map comes into afect can we PLEASE be able to have more than one company since we will obviously be attacking and defending. thats what burns me out the most is using the EXACT same units. I played EIR and yes EIRR is compleely different but to be limited to one company for 6 weeks is ....dull. Having more than one company allows you to throw in a little fun without worrying about your oh so precious vet every time you play. BTW I dont have any vet so forgive the sarcasm.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 11:39:31 pm »

their are several rank 8 player. Wind and I even hit the Rank 8 befor the accident reset. Right know i can remember Pauli i think but i have seen some more. The first rank 8 i hit with about... 20-30 games if i remember right. I dont think thats to much games for getting a t4 doctrin pick.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:39 am »

I liked the old EiR where I could get a t4 in 2 or 3 games
Uh, it took you at least 10 - 20 games in the old EIR. Also due to the stat fuckup a while back a lot of people's ranks were dropped back to 5, else there probably would've been more rank 8s.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:43:01 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 04:57:39 am »

lol? I dont play alot and I am soon lvl 8

What fucked me up is that i thot you need to buy T1,2,3 to get to T4.
That sucker have changed... wtf?

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 04:57:58 am »

A huge part of what attracts people to EiR is the long term persistent nature of the mod.  I'm sure some people might prefer to be handed a fully developed company, but I think many more would be bored to death with that sort of thing.

For me its not investing time into games to get certain abilities or anything, its having a purpose to actually play. A game without purpose and only grinding tires me very fast.
Getting a tier 4 is not really a motivation or anything else. Im waiting impatiently over what the actual campaign will involve. Then we'll see if theres point in actual fighting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 06:24:04 am »

I personaly prefer the possibilities, not the actual build up, tbh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc