Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:59:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE needs arty  (Read 12625 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« on: July 01, 2009, 12:21:39 am »

i reckon PE should have some traditional arty. hotchkiss is kinda ok, but only 4 rockets? umm yea nice balancing.

Wehr all have nebel and stuka for defensive.which is some dam fine arty, which is in its own right american howi as comparison.

Blitz- recieve StuH and precision arty

Defensive- recieves buffs for there arty (nebel and stuka) as well as the 88

Terror- recieves the firestorm and V1 and with nebel buffs.

Americans have some sort of arty in every doctrine and be dum not to pick them.
They have the calliope, howi, bombing run and strafing run

as well as

Infantry- howi, offmaps, offmap buffs and increased uses of offmap arty Shocked

Armor- calliope (tanks destroyers dont have arty  Shocked)

Airborne- Bombing run and strafing run

British are basically the ultimate arty, even commandos have arty, and thats kinda the equivalent of luftwaffe. and every single doctrine can call in offmap by buying captian = FOO

Commandos-Offmap arty, captain FOO

royal engineers- AVRE, Captain FOO

royal canadian artillery- 25pdr, priest, creeping barrage, Arty buffs and FOO on Lt, counter battery and overwatch

Now lets look at PE..

Stuka with 4 rockets is purchasable for all doctrines except all but scorched have to pay PP for it.
Mortar HT has pathetic range compared to mortars fired from the ground... even though it says the mortar is exactly the same 81mm (or something along those lines)

mortar halftruck just dont have the range to counter ATG's all the often and i so happen to be killing more with my paradroped mortar than my dam mortar HT so vetting up for nothing.

Luftwaffe- Henshel which is shit compared to airbornes bombing run and strafing run (luft should recieve strafe aswell) and 88 becomes arty only unlockable AT T4 yet everyones gets arty without giving up so much better T4's or having it in T1 and T2 or recieve it at T0 (nebel)

Scorched earth is the only doctrine which has dedicated arty.... not like other doctrines where they all have some type of offmap arty

Scorched earth- Hummel,hummel buffs, sector arty (which im guessing is offmap arty. unless im wrong and it needs the hummel) and the opening barage at T4... T4!!! i have to sacrifice a T4 just to get arty that anyone can dodge becuase they know you have it so they avoid the centre of the map.... at the start of attacking maps.. if its not attack oh my no arty.
so without Hummel scorched earth has no more arty...

Tank destroyers- no offmap arty, no arty, non.

now this is comparing to the doctrines that have AND have not been implemented yet so im going off what could be seen from now. of course it all can change but im giving a heas up how much every other doctrine has arty superiority over PE

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:23:31 am »

No.

Lips sealed

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 12:26:53 am »

Disagree.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:28:11 am »

the Wehr is the only faction with non doctrine artillery, being the nebelwerfer..

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:31:25 am »

well i would hardly say that when captians can purchase FOO for muntions for how many uses? when PE get no offmap arty whatsoever compared to every single other faction
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 12:32:03 am »

I love how you count the AVRE but not the MHT...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:56 am »

8 minute recharge time for 140 mun on the captain.

Short baraging range.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 12:35:33 am »

MHT is not arty as considered in the doctrine, its mortar. WHAT u call mortars arty? do they go BOOOOM like the AVRE, avre is considered arty in the doctrine. like the StuH like the offmaps.

and the MHT range is pathetic compared to similar mortars.
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 12:36:33 am »

Hotchkiss is a highly mobile armoured artillery unit that needs AT to take out, it's main gun also counters light tanks sent to raid it.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 12:37:35 am »

as armor player i have no offmap too...

just this fucking worthless cali i stoped buying...
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 12:39:46 am »

correct hotchkiss is highly mobile like any other PE unit. thats the strentgh yes. but damage wise no. its not quite as good as any counter part. and cali dude its awesome arty with how many rockets in a arty? you may not consider it arty but by hell i would like some sort of arty (tank destroyers dont have arty)

and in my point, PE is underpowered by all other factions arty wise
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 12:45:36 am »

you deside the streght of an arty by the number of shoots it makes?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 12:46:20 am »

did i say that?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 12:51:44 am »

Calliope's are awesome(a little expensive) but totally awesome. they are the best thing for chasing away vetted infantry.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13:47 am »

and cali dude its awesome arty with how many rockets in a arty?

sounds like that
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 01:19:07 am »

i'd take a hummel vs any allied artillery any day its my favorite  artillery unit.

and you whine about off-maps yet dont even try to figure out what sector arty is lol it's the most powerful offmap artillery in the game, which is why it costs so many sp to purpose a 2nd unit. It totally locks down a sector. If you're being rushed by a big british blob...sector arty!!! and they either retreat, run otu of sector, or die, easy as that.

Hotchkiss is non doctrinal and a pretty good unit  when used well. It has a huge spread when not used close but when  you get at point blank, it can take down a house, full health in one barrage (saw it done to me)

then there's the P4 is which is a form of artillery as it's a dedicated anti infantry tank, which I <3 very much. I had a vet 3 killed by an upgunned sherman...it hurt. That thing was infantry poison.

also, pe dont need off-maps, they're not a "i canz sit here and wait until yhou attack me so i can k33l j00" faction they're a "there they are, k33l d3m!" faction. Movement and counter movement is the pe way.

and if pe needs offmaps then brits need offmaps, all they've got is foo and no doctrinal off-maps.

oh and btw!!! Wehr has the most p owerful and most abundant off-amps on the game (v1, rocket arty, mortar barrage from officer, firestom) so...just leave it be.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 01:40:24 am »

as i said, scorched earth is the only dedicated PE doctrine with any sought of arty. luft have no arty, tank busters have no arty.  every allied doctrine has arty. every wehr have arty even british have offmaps, FOO is considered as offmap since it comes.. OFFMAP! and is suspiciously similar to any american offmap artillery  Shocked.

and bout britz, commandos have offmap arty, yes royal engineers not as lucky with only AVRE but they still have captain FOO and royal artillery can be compared to scorched earth. except brits all have offmaps, tank destroyers dont, luft dont.

and jagz just quit your whining for no reason comparing a 20+ something rocket arty to a 4 rocket stuka when it can destroy kingtigers if right on top of them or hurt any axis tank if a rocket hits, or decimate any axis infantry because of the spread you have to sprint out or retreat because your squad has either 4+ men or 6+ volks which just get destroyed.

and Tym, i asked the question what is sector artillery, you have to be blind with what i posted up before when no other PEdoctrine get offmap arty but every other faction get arty.
Hotchkiss costs 4pp(if not scorched earth which than comparing to other factions they all get some sought of offmap artillery to make up for it) to buy but oh no wehr get nebel and americans get howi for free which are both better than the hotchkiss.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 01:44:21 am »

where am i whining?

i just said its crap in my eyes and i dont need it like pe oO
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 01:47:33 am »

i'd take a hummel vs any allied artillery any day its my favorite  artillery unit.

and you whine about off-maps yet dont even try to figure out what sector arty is lol it's the most powerful offmap artillery in the game, which is why it costs so many sp to purpose a 2nd unit. It totally locks down a sector. If you're being rushed by a big british blob...sector arty!!! and they either retreat, run otu of sector, or die, easy as that.

Hotchkiss is non doctrinal and a pretty good unit  when used well. It has a huge spread when not used close but when  you get at point blank, it can take down a house, full health in one barrage (saw it done to me)

then there's the P4 is which is a form of artillery as it's a dedicated anti infantry tank, which I <3 very much. I had a vet 3 killed by an upgunned sherman...it hurt. That thing was infantry poison.

also, pe dont need off-maps, they're not a "i canz sit here and wait until yhou attack me so i can k33l j00" faction they're a "there they are, k33l d3m!" faction. Movement and counter movement is the pe way.

and if pe needs offmaps then brits need offmaps, all they've got is foo and no doctrinal off-maps.

oh and btw!!! Wehr has the most p owerful and most abundant off-amps on the game (v1, rocket arty, mortar barrage from officer, firestom) so...just leave it be.
Try spamming hotchkiss stukas like i do w/ my luft account. If they barrage at the right time, they can rape both inf. and tanks at the same time. However, something like that requires a good bit of pop cap.

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:25 am »

although now i think about it, if they can increase the damage and penetration of hotchkiss stuka against light vehicles like halftracks, t17 style tanks than i will bite the bullet if this arty peice can defend against tanks (not saying the hotchkiss will be able to take out t17 style tanks on its own, thats stupid) than that be one good artillery piece.

and get rid of pp costs and make availability more for scorched earth? to even it out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:07:06 am by Demon767 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc