Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:20:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Addon for the blitzkrieg doctrine  (Read 8976 times)
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 03, 2009, 05:37:30 am »

Easy summarize:

Giving the blitzkrieg player the ability to assault (without giving them iron curtain)

Why?:

The absence of artillery have been complained about but i don't think much of that should be added.

So as thereof i tried to find something to COMPENSATE

Therefor i have thought of this ability:

*put witty name in here*

Gives tanks invulnerability against stickies and buttoning for a short period of time.

Icon will show over the tanks.

This will enable you to attack a position and overwhelm true blitzkrieg style.

Edited in to answer more questions.

You want superior tanks with tougher armour, side skirt upgrades to reduce damage from handheld AT and doctrine buffs that further enhance their firepower and health, to be able to pop an ability that will let them ignore stickies and buttoning so that you can just roll your tanks over the allied line with a single click?

Cman mudkip don't turn another suggestion thread into flaming - pleas mudkip.

I mean you know that its only for the blitzkrieg doctrine and hey it can be t2 t3 t4

And you know that they will still be affected by regular at and you know that the icon will make the others yust pull back and then sticky.

And you know the time can be 1-20 seconds.

It is so they yust can assault a position with tanks.

I don't get why you are saying that it would decrease the dmg of at.

I don't get why you think it will be able to roll anything.

Pleas mudkip for the love of god.

And yes i know you maybe meant something else but this is the internet so bare with me.

I yust heard bunch and bunch of complaining from the blitzkrieg players about no arty and therefor this maybe could be of us
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:46:22 am by Guderian » Logged

Eir customer support staff.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:03:32 am »

i like

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:42:13 am »

good idea but do you really think something like that can be coded into the game???  I mean, being able to sticky and button everyone's tanks but yours for 1 minute or so??   I don't think it's actually possible to do this.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:43:49 am »

BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO. cry more axis (damit i am blitzkreig)

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:25 am »

You want superior tanks with tougher armour, side skirt upgrades to reduce damage from handheld AT and doctrine buffs that further enhance their firepower and health, to be able to pop an ability that will let them ignore stickies and buttoning so that you can just roll your tanks over the allied line with a single click?
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:23:01 am »

Cman mudkip don't turn another suggestion thread into flaming - pleas mudkip.

I mean you know that its only for the blitzkrieg doctrine and hey it can be t2 t3 t4

And you know that they will still be affected by regular at and you know that the icon will make the others yust pull back and then sticky.

And you know the time can be 1-20 seconds.

It is so they yust can assault a position with tanks.

I don't get why you are saying that it would decrease the dmg of at.

I don't get why you think it will be able to roll anything.

Pleas mudkip for the love of god.

And yes i know you maybe meant something else but this is the internet so bare with me.

I yust heard bunch and bunch of complaining from the blitzkrieg players about no arty and therefor this maybe could be of use
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:26:54 am by Guderian » Logged
Larslolapa1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 08:04:35 am »

this

thread

confuses

me

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:32 am »

Silly and very bad idea, IMO.

"k, i see bren blob with stickies and PIATs coming, I just pop mah "super-duper lolz" ability and I can just start reversing at medium range for full accuracy - I'll dodge the piats anyway, the brens and stickies can't hurt me."

or

"ohshit ohshit my 3 P4s are utterly surrounded by ATGs and brens and stickies, pop IWin button and charge the ATGs!"

Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 08:28:20 am »

I like the idea of blitzkrieg, assaulting enemy lines without giving them much chances to deflect it.. But yeah it would affect the gameplay alot..
Sure it sucks when you decide to assault a position with multiple tanks and when you reach the correct area, BAM you got stickied buttoned atgunned raped in the brown glory hole..

Sorta ruins the idea of blitzkrieg lol

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:30:10 am »

Silly and very bad idea, IMO.

"k, i see bren blob with stickies and PIATs coming, I just pop mah "super-duper lolz" ability and I can just start reversing at medium range for full accuracy - I'll dodge the piats anyway, the brens and stickies can't hurt me."

or

"ohshit ohshit my 3 P4s are utterly surrounded by ATGs and brens and stickies, pop IWin button and charge the ATGs!"

So? the at still hurts them the ability can be put to the appropriate time and ye well make it a t3 or t4 then.

Its not iwinbutton atleast i don't see it like that(but then again i am of course acknowledging your point and take it in thought, a no is a no. But i will still put forward my arguments). It is yust to be immune for stickies for a short while.
How is it super-duper lolz? I did not expect this response from you myst....
I don't understand the ''i can just start reversing at medium range for full acc''? What the ability does not give you better acc.

Man myst i thought you had some common sense.

And i want to empazhise on this:

Stop being so demoralizing and help out you could have started suggestions like:

It only increase the chance of deflection

It only helps against buttoning

The time should be put to X

It should only affects 'these' tanks.

It should take more at dmg

Etc etc - i am starting to understand why people have a hard time making suggestions on these forums.

Especially when it comes from people who should have learned by this time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:37:45 am by Guderian » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 08:37:46 am »

Sounds like a Dumbo-Button to bail someone out of using their tanks properly! Next please!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:38:47 am »

Meh yust giving blitzkrieg an ability to assault.

But point is taken.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:44:20 am »

Meh yust giving blitzkrieg an ability to assault.

How about the 'Blitzkrieg' ability?  Roll Eyes
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:30 am »

I don't understand the ''i can just start reversing at medium range for full acc''? What the ability does not give you better acc.

Especially when it comes from people who should have learned by this time.

MBTs, such as the P4 (which is the most widely used tank on the axis side) have a 1.0 modifier accuracy modifier at medium range, 0.75 at long range. Meaning that you would not lose accuracy if you were reversing at medium range, fearing no buttons or stickies.

Who lacks common sence, my dear?

How is it super-duper lolz? I did not expect this response from you myst....

By super-duper lolz I meant that I had no clue how I would have to call the ability, but it seems quite OP in nature, so naming it as super-duper lolz seemed quite fitting to me.

Stop being so demoralizing and help out you could have started suggestions like

but the ability would just not fit in the game mechanics - there is no point suggesting anything if I think it's a bad idea. If it were a good idea, but needed work, I'd point out my suggestions, but seeing as the ability would just not be good for the gameplay, I expressed my view, and not gave suggestions to improve something that I deem a lost cause.

It only increase the chance of deflection

When's the last time you saw FTFL being used? Either it would have to be OP, or not used at all.

It only helps against buttoning

"Hello mister bren that just suppressed me with 3 ATGs behind it, I'll just pop an ability to save me from my own fuck-up."

Or

"Hello mister bren blob, I came here to squish squish your puny buttons with mah ostwind!"

De-buff on top of buff in a t4 isn't something people generally like.

Dude, I have nothing against you, but your idea is just not a viable one in the current EiR enviroment, I am sorry.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 11:12:40 am »

No what i meant with common sense is as you sure maybe know more about statistics then me - Why are you an asshole all of the sudden? Man i respected you far more then many here. Then you try to argument in some F**** up way.

Whate hell has gotten into you myst?

De-buff on top of buff in a t4 isn't something people generally like.

Dude, I have nothing against you, but your idea is just not a viable one in the current EiR enviroment, I am sorry.

What? I was saying it as a suggestion and when did i say it was a t4? Whate the HELL are you talking about myst and why are you acting like this? I don't care if you have something against me man but i do care about why the hell you are acting like that.

You are going against my further ''suggestions'' not the original idea?

And sure i don't care if you don't have any suggestions but you are putting up arguments i have to say yust seems childish or idiotic ''compared'' to what you have written in the past.

And the point is you could yust have said - no i don't like it.

Now sure i might have misinterpretation but still, I don't get what the hell is going on.

Its not a ''fix dumb button'' more the blitzkrieg or a offmap is.

Okey i screwed up then i can yust send in a bomber run to get the at gun.

I don't get why you are trying to ''beat'' me rather then my suggestion.

Bah a cleaning up of the thread to redo would help immensely
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:18:58 am by Guderian » Logged
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 11:32:34 am »

Sounds like a fireup for tanks, which is why the allies, especially the devs who prefer allies, will never let this happen. Not to say I blame them, I find fireup particularly lame.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 11:54:04 am »

Sounds like a fireup for tanks, which is why the allies, especially the devs who prefer allies, will never let this happen. Not to say I blame them, I find fireup particularly lame.

just like cloaking paks and storms.

Atlanton Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 03:21:00 pm »

As much as I'd love to have this ability, I can't say that it would be balanced.

Maybe making it deactivate the gun for a duration of the ability. But still invulnerability abilities are lame, and I don't think that it would be balanced.
Silverstone Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:08 pm »

How about just making a new unit unique to the blitz tree? Something like a beefed up half track with no weapons and you cannot shoot out of, make it a little tougher vs. stickies and BAM, theres your assault vehicle? Pop out some volks or grens and charge your tanks. Obviously compromising weapons for armor, otherwise you could just use a normal one ^^

Atlanton Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »

How about just making a new unit unique to the blitz tree? Something like a beefed up half track with no weapons and you cannot shoot out of, make it a little tougher vs. stickies and BAM, theres your assault vehicle? Pop out some volks or grens and charge your tanks. Obviously compromising weapons for armor, otherwise you could just use a normal one ^^

I dislike the idea of adding a new unit. Maybe a doctrine ability that unlocks an upgrade for sticky/button immunity just for WE halftracks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc