Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:56:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repair + Retreat  (Read 12830 times)
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 09:49:19 pm »

Then you can move them someplace safe and COVER the tank while it's repairing instead of this bs of sitting on spawn and insta retreating ONLY if you're in danger of dying.

Isn't the whole point of it being disabled while repairing to show it's vulnerable? Retreating should also apply, since technically, it would need to be moving to withdraw.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:51:08 pm by Lemures » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:50 pm »

Nah, I just think its BS how long after the possiblity of crude/cheesy tactics around the spawn of the opponent at the game start, the spawn provides a kind of "HQ area" where a counter can just pop out with superincreased stats to protect a arty piece which should have been covered by other units on the map or be retreated. Howitzers and 25 pounders doesnt get this luxury while being enormously vulernable to offmaps. This is especially annoying with a calli buying itself even more preserved HP and time by popping smoke.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 10:01:02 pm »

wait, units get inflated stats as well as temporary invincibility?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 10:01:41 pm »

YES. Basically a upgunned sherman coming out of spawn will fire faster, have increased accuracy, have better penetration and be invincible as it comes out of spawn to defend a calli. A dev will have to comment on the exact stats, but they put out severe punishment when affected by the spawn buff.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:03:34 pm by Smokaz » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:01 pm »

Then you can move them someplace safe and COVER the tank while it's repairing instead of this bs of sitting on spawn and insta retreating ONLY if you're in danger of dying.

How do you cover your repairing tank from a recon run and a bombing run?

Or MI followed by rocket arty? Roll Eyes
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:00 pm »

Then retreat the tank instead of repairing...I mean how do you stop them being nuked by stormies? you usually don't. If it's early enough in the game for them to still have those things maybe retreating your vet 3 tanks is a better idea huh.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »

Who would waste their off map on 1 repairing tank?   Roll Eyes

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:06 pm »

If its a vet 3 p4, or a low health jagdpanther, who wouldn't?
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »

Vet 3 PIV are everywhere really.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »

Then retreat the tank instead of repairing...I mean how do you stop them being nuked by stormies? you usually don't.

Spamming bits or wire and keeping a jeep onhand can stop storms.

Then whats the point of repairing if every tank can be easilly offmapped?   No one would be stupid enough to repair a tank that has vet or cost pp because you can't retreat and can't dodge the offmap.

Who would waste their off map on 1 repairing tank?  

I sure as hell would.  Guaranteed pershing or churchill croc or tiger kill for a single offmap?  Where do I sign?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »

YES. Basically a upgunned sherman coming out of spawn will fire faster, have increased accuracy, have better penetration and be invincible as it comes out of spawn to defend a calli. A dev will have to comment on the exact stats, but they put out severe punishment when affected by the spawn buff.

well that explains the panther one shotting my 25% health croc the other day...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:57 pm »

It doesn't actually give a damage bonus, "only" a 50% reload/cooldown bonus and a 2x acc bonus.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:58 pm »

Honestly I cant know the exact buffs, I am almost 100% sure ROF is affected and accuracy probably too. Again, a dev should comment on it. Units have blitzkrieg/IA icons over them, as well as being invulnerable. And a upgunned sherman raped the shit out of my panther from the front as it came out of spawn with a icon over it, I was shocked at how fast it killed my panther who was making a legimitate attempt to KO/force the retreat of a calli.

It doesn't actually give a damage bonus, "only" a 50% reload/cooldown bonus and a 2x acc bonus.

Well there we go, thats pretty damn powerful right there. Its basically carabine tier 4 for any unit type with unyielding accuracy.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »

Why don't you just remove the spawn buff if you have your own units within a certain distance of your spawn point for too long?  Or make the retreating bug on infantry too close to the spawn work on vehicles as well, so they have to be coming in from a short distance out, they can't just disappear.

It would resolve some of these problems without changing the gameplay too greatly, I don't think.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »

Can we stick to the OP content please.

Personally, I agree tanks should not be able to retreat while repairing.
I'd also be in favour of a timer on *anything* retreating, as this would alleviate the tank thing anyway.
OR removing the speed buff for infantry retreating (but allowing them to instantly start fleeing)

As for the buffs on freshly spawned units, make a new thread. Roll Eyes
But I agree with a ten minute timer on it Smokaz, after that you shouldn't get it, but can it be coded that way.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 12:25:56 am »

Well I completely disagree.   No retreating while repairing means all the heavy tanks(pershing, tiger, etc) will never repair because the risk of someone using a recon run/MI and then dropping offmap on it is far too great.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 12:27:34 am »

Yep, along with the drop in some new AT infantry that just retreats as soon as your tank is dead bullshit.

Drop speed and accuracy bonuses off retreating infantry, give it a 10 second timer.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 12:27:43 am »

They can do that anyway gamesguy.

and Ampm, if they drop AT in.... that tank can't deal with them anyway, they are already sitting ducks repairing Roll Eyes
Infantry may be able to retreat with 90% immunity... but right now, tanks get an unstoppable retry thanks to repair + retreat.

The fact that the only way to even get rid of the tank is to drop/get more at on them (just to retreat) should show how out of whack it even is.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:31:03 am by Aggamemnon » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 12:33:20 am »

Thats not the only way.

Let me give you a hint.

Don't let it escape in the first place.

Just like infantry, they can pull back and heal.

Infantry can actually heal many more times than a tank can.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:19 am »

Infantry that have to retreat don't come back. (until next game).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc