Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:37:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellcats were fastest tanks in WW2! 60 mph!! can we speed them up?  (Read 21756 times)
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:09 pm »

The Allies did win through numbers....hence why the Sherman had to be made in such numbers. Do you realize how much numerical superiority we had?

Do you realize that there's more to it than numbers? During the German's offensive stage of Stalingrad, the Germans outnumbered the Soviets 2 to 1 and still got stonewalled. During the Soviet offensive stage the Stalingrad, the Soviets attacking the German pocket were outnumbered by the Germans due to a Soviet miscalculation until the Soviets figured out that they had trapped a crapload of men. Or that the American recruits during the Battle of the Bulge were outnumbered 5:1 in German assault sectors, 2:1 in artillery tubes, and still managed to hold out for days in some cases, and inflict equivalent damage on the Germans? How about Arracourt, where the Germans had equivalent numbers in a meeting engagement, and still got screwed? The Allies had numbers, but to say they won solely because of numbers is preposterous.

Even their mass-produced tanks were superior to those equivalents created by the Germans.

The Allied advantage in numbers was staggering, the advantage in logistics (really just more numbers) was staggering. We had more vehicles, infantry, guns, aircraft, ships, etc.

You are calling logistics "just more numbers"? Once again, tell me this; the Germans produced four times as much steel as the Soviets did in mid-1942, the Soviets were still relocating their factories to Ural, yet the Soviets built more tanks than the Germans did. Seriously?

I don't see any logistics advantage in COH, either. Every American unit has more upkeep than its German counterpart. The Americans have to BUY upkeep reducers to stay afloat in manpower. The Sherman even costs more than the Panzer IV. The Germans even buy vet, how's that for logistical transport?

Hell, look at the losses absorbed by the Russians and tell me numbers didn't win the war.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Now, imagine Berlin and Nuremburg. See Stalingrad for details on the real WWII. General Zhukov may have used numbers, but that's because he had numbers to dispose of, and had every reason to drive forward. By the way, Russian to German tank losses were equivalent in late 1944-1945. Any guesses to how Russians will be treated if another COH comes out?

The Germans outnumbered the Russians, French, and Poles in every key sector they attacked with a division. Every German strategic victory involved outnumbering the enemy at a local level. Why aren't the Germans with numbers?

The US inflicted more damage on the Germans than the Germans on the US on the Western Front, on the offensive in 2:1 or 1:1 sectors (Lorraine campaign). That's just numbers, right?

BTW, I don't see you complaining that the British are better man for man than the Americans.

The Brits are just as tough as the Germans in this game. What is there to complain about?

I'm done here. PMs ftw, if you want to talk further.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:21:13 pm by acker » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »

Hey I think its beyond more consideration that the m18 is pretty slow.

Vet 1 - Received Accuracy .8
Vet 2 - Penetration 1.25, Range 1.15
Vet 3 - Received Damage .8, Damage 1.2

Would be nice if a 1.2 speed at vet 1 or vet 2 was implemented, and then add a 1.1 modifier at vet 3. That way it can gtfo faster after its ambush. micro ftw

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:21:21 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 09:22:36 pm »

The Hellcat goes out of ambush at a complete stop...top speed doesn't really matter for the few crucial seconds it takes to get out of enemy range...right?

How about a boost to acceleration/deceleration instead, so it can reach maximum speed faster?
NCOIC Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2009, 08:05:57 am »

The Hellcat goes out of ambush at a complete stop...top speed doesn't really matter for the few crucial seconds it takes to get out of enemy range...right?

How about a boost to acceleration/deceleration instead, so it can reach maximum speed faster?

I got no problem with that, heheh not that it's my call, I'd suggested that earlier in this thread ( I think ) But as the one example stated I'd like the fast speed too. And a million dollars Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc