Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 03:22:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eir goes ovecombinated  (Read 14625 times)
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:09 pm »

oh i won alot more games vet hunting people and getting them to rage quit

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »

EIR withou so many offmaps and blablabla was more interesting and "realistic" i think.
You realise that the original EIR (that we moved from) had far LESS offmaps?

Also, the No mans land is just a proof of concept.  The original ability was for the map to start with 1 or 2 minefields, randomly placed, before battle began.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 09:44:17 pm »

Raio is refering to No Mans Land, a PE SE T4 ability. I layed it right on him and blew his ass to kingdom kong. He lost quite a few vet units that game, so I think that's put him over the edge. Raio, take it easy. Almost 2/3 of your army is vetted and you lost that game not because of stupid/overcombined abilities, but because you blob like a whore and I countered you with anti-blob tactics. These included mines, flamethrowers, and assault nades.

PQ
So this entire thread is based on a lost game by Raio?

Goody.  Rage posting =)
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 09:53:02 pm »

i play alot maybe too much but ummmm i can count the times offmaps won a game for me with 1 hand.
Thanks pak, your comment means a lot - youve probably played double the amount of games anyone else has here.

Offmaps cost, they cost SP - if you have a lot of Vet, then SP costs MORE.  If you dont, then the SP costs less to buy.

We have hard caps, and soft caps to artillery - and Id like to stress, that most companies at this time are Stronger than they normally would be because the war has gone on far longer than scheduled.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 09:55:18 pm »

I have almost 0 vet in my companies... and after like 6 games of AWESOME off-map spam, I can't afford it anymore!   Cry Cry

I actually have to play players my rank to get those 10 pp and even then that doesn't buy me enough SP to take full advantage of my off-maps.... no more noob account bashing for 'ole Das-

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 11:47:40 pm »

Offmaps cost, they cost SP - if you have a lot of Vet, then SP costs MORE.  If you dont, then the SP costs less to buy.
In hard battles or vs. good players people always tend to max out their offmaps. High level will ALWAYS do this (and save up vs. noobs)
My biggest problem with offmaps is that they make some of the onmap alternatives useless.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 11:50:37 pm »

I agree with pauli, offmaps really hurt the effectiveness of onmaps because most onmaps can be easily destroyed by a offmap. But that gets into other problems, like whether or not a T3 should be able to elimate a onmap.

Common sense is not so common after all.
RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 11:57:01 pm »

Offmaps:

My Idea (you don't have to like it Cheesy)

Since you can't get DOCTRINES in game. (You can't click on the Number with the green circle around it and chose a doctrine) Why don't we have it so that as your fighting the battle you can use the Command Points to Rebuy used OffMaps. It would keep the game interesting. Also we can tune it so that MORE cps are need for BIGGER off maps so we can prevent spam.

Just an idea.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:05 pm »

Offmaps cost, they cost SP - if you have a lot of Vet, then SP costs MORE.  If you dont, then the SP costs less to buy.
In hard battles or vs. good players people always tend to max out their offmaps. High level will ALWAYS do this (and save up vs. noobs)
My biggest problem with offmaps is that they make some of the onmap alternatives useless.

i cant max out my off maps every game.....it would run out of pps. thats a fact and counting units i pay PP for i would have to pick and choose my games just to keep some what of a good PP flow. I wouldnt even come close to breaking even. I dont even max out against good players....
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 12:00:40 am »

The 4th use of my PE offmap costs 20 SP..so yeah lol.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 12:08:09 am »

One of the biggest issues with offmaps (arty ones) are the fact they are 'point n klik n LOL' effects.

This is a carryover from original EIR, and even vCOH.
In vCOH they were balanced through munitions cost (ingame) therefore tactical.

In EIR (original flavour) they were 'semi' balanced, as there were a lot less to choose from.

In EIRR, they are ... not quite right.
This, in my view, is in the limiting (or lack thereof) of HOW they are used.
There is only marginal tactical desicions made when thinking about what to use them on.

We have long thought about using a 'spotter' unit to restrict their targeting LOS.  And I believe this may solve the issue.
There might be differnt types of spotter units, ones that can target for ALL arty types.
Officers in this example may even have access to some of the offmaps in this way as well.

This way, would ulitimately change the offmap metagame.

Thoughts? Vote here
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:57:42 am by EIRRMod » Logged
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 12:56:15 am »

need off maps to break d lines. Right now people use em just to blow up a single at gun haha. But yeah it also allows you to forgo basic arty like mortars which without off maps would be more in use. Right now i feel thats one change that off maps add. Mortars are so not in. My american build has 1 single mortar in it and i am good to go. Offmaps which i get a whooping 2 help a bit and are use to break a defense and not dropped on single mgs or atgs. But yeah if you tone down offmaps across the board you will see the return of mortars. Heck early on they were popular but people with offmaps can go ape shit and readily drop an off map to kill a single mortar lol. If anything i guess what im trying to say is that nerfing offmaps will bring mortars back into the mix....and i guess we can see a round of crying from allied players lol. back to square 1 i guess lol
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 01:13:33 am »

We have long thought about using a 'spotter' unit to restrict their targeting LOS.  And I believe this may solve the issue.
Right now the Brits do this with their Lt. and Capt. You see that sinlge guy charge towards you line and you know there is no stopping him (moving you infantry towards him only make it worse since the first shells uppress you)
nerfing offmaps will bring mortars back into the mix....and i guess we can see a round of crying from allied players lol. back to square 1 i guess lol
True. But it will also make howitzers and 25 pounders survivable again and they counter mortars.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 01:16:08 am »

Why not simply force every army to buy a command bunker with an officer inside it and radiomast on it. Once you click it you can choose the selected offmaps from there.
It would cost pop to keep on field and would make offmaps maybe less used and destroying the command bunker means no more offmaps for u in tis game hahaa

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 01:18:06 am »

Why not simply force every army to buy a command bunker with an officer inside it and radiomast on it. Once you click it you can choose the selected offmaps from there.
It would cost pop to keep on field and would make offmaps maybe less used and destroying the command bunker means no more offmaps for u in tis game hahaa
Add your vote and comment:
Here
Raio Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 02:03:45 am »

thx for your trust EIRRMod !!!   

1.u read only "what u want to read" (?)
2.eir without Off maps/tons of zeals/blitz blabla  was EIRR at start. Till docs. were completed.
 -> 3. im not talkin just about offmaps.
4. dont read only "what u want to read"

thx for our patience, no need to react more 

ps: seems the problem w/ offmaps is here too, noone just talk about it.
 gl
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 02:20:40 am »

React?

That sounds quite hostile, whats up?

I read your entire post, and the parts that I understood made sense.
Doctrines have always been around - and are there to create differences in each faction, and in each faction - each doctrine specification.

If you are referring to this:
EIR withou so many offmaps and blablabla was more interesting and "realistic" i think.
I apologise for not knowing wtf 'blablabla' actually refers to.
Raio Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 02:47:29 am »

sry, no hostile Smiley
 just noo need to reply, maybe idc anymore where is this mod head for.
  "got a feelin" plp wants to depreciate my posts.

blabla =  sb-2 mines, assault, ass. tanks, conviction,insp. ass, ferocity, zeals, rock.arty, firestorm, v1, sec. arty, open. barr., Arty Hq, , No Mans, earthshaker, satru ,mor. barrage .. its not all, and seems many more is waiting us in TBA Smiley)

seems on not too much, but if u c it in the game, its hollywood production.. rtatata flyin tigers, missile grenades..  more like Homeworld3 then 2nd WW strategy.  

i think the better way is learn how to use your MG and mortar, your stormies or smoke cover   ..then eat everythink with V1s and tons of Doc. sh*t.  i like mod,. of couse, but plp just abuse EVERYTHING Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:52:34 am by Raio » Logged
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 03:18:58 am »

Raio for all his zeal blahblahblah is kinda right. When EiR first came back there wernt really any docs in yet and ppl had to fight with just their good ole armies. It was probably the most fun Ive had with EiR. Tactics won games, not blowshit up buttons/superairborne/or resouce bonuses. I know docs etc make the game fun and especially the warmap, but maybe they could be toned down a little across the board. How about they give some negatives for the buffs. possible example out of my ass-Infantry get carbines and now shoot faster/more suppression but less damage because shorter cartridge. That would make people tailor doc choices to playstyle.
Im no game designer, more like a hammer of awsome ideas.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
Raio Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 03:24:09 am »

im the king Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc