Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:30:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [British, Royal Engineers] Tankshock + flank speed  (Read 10430 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 01:32:23 pm »

Know what else moves at 8 speed? A tetrarch. Do you think a tetrarch could circle-strafe a StuG?
ACs move at just 7.5 speed Tongue.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 01:39:14 pm »

heyheyhey! that took a bit long, smokaz Tongue

mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 02:53:49 pm »

As a Royal Engineer, I find that tank shock is the only thing that makes MKVI worth using, other maybe than their staying power. They behave a lot more like infantry support tanks (or self-propelled artillery) than medium, or main battle tanks. A churchill which engages itself in a battle with another tank cannot disengage unless it wins because mostly everything will outrun it. I personally feel it has some slight pathing problems as it enjoys doing a 180 instead of backing up, even if you tell it to back up only a few feet. It's cannon is awesome against infantry, but usually can't win a fight of attrition with another tank.

I like to use the MKVI simply as a battering ram. Running it through the enemy line and then activating tank shock, which allows my mainly long ranged infantry to move up unmolested by the hundred of SMG's squads which seem to be chilling around.

A MKVI can be quickly crippled by nearly anything which doesn't hit it square in the front, or at least that's how I feel.

This ability is one of the only useful thing about an otherwise slow, firepower lacking tank. If tank shock wasn't as useful, I would definitely use Fireflies instead.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 03:04:51 pm »

The Stug is like a snapping turtle and the Churchill is like a wild rhino so adjust accordingly.

Churchills cost more than Stugs...he's using a T3 ability to take down your lowly assault gun...surely you have more on the field than just a lone Stug.

I've faced Churchill spam before...I know how tough they can be -- especially if you are Wehrmacht.

They shrug Panzershrecks like pebbles and absorb Pak shots like none other...if you get in close you get shocked. If you stay far away you will rarely hit him...

Try using the Panther imo.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 03:37:30 pm by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »

-_- this thread makes me cry.

Churchill's are nothing without tank shock, you nerf that you nerf the entire churchill

its easly counterable 1 PAK + P4 = Churchill counter

LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:57 pm »

There was a time when churchills didnt have tankshock, and they were worth their costs.

aka UckY  Wink
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 04:15:30 pm »

There was a time when churchills didnt have tankshock, and they were worth their costs.

Yeah I can't believe people are crying about how useless a Panzer 4 priced tank is if it only has a giant flamethrower, awesome anti-infantry gun, awesome armor and NINE HUNDRED HITPOINTS. Get the doctrine abilities and you also have more speed than an armored car and the same tank killing power as a sherman. If that is underpowered for 410 man and 275 fuel then i'm a flipping monkey.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:33 pm »

Yeah I can't believe people are crying about how useless a Panzer 4 priced tank is if it only has a giant flamethrower, awesome anti-infantry gun, awesome armor and NINE HUNDRED HITPOINTS. Get the doctrine abilities and you also have more speed than an armored car and the same tank killing power as a sherman. If that is underpowered for 410 man and 275 fuel then i'm a flipping monkey.
I can't believe how people are crying about a tank that is anti-infantry tank only.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »

I can't believe how people are crying about a tank that is anti-infantry tank only.
Thats a rather strange argument, so you never kill anything lighter than a p4/panther with it? (Whats with the narrow point of view and why does the p4 have to be the "standard tank" in every theory, and why does everbody ignore PE?)

If you look at the all the Churchills they are pretty amazing, even without the Tankshock, they low fuel cost they are very resource effective. and allows you to have up to 7  Churchills.

However thats not the point I want to dicuss so:
Tankshock by itself is a bit "out of proportion" if you just look at it. There isnt any other ability that has that powerfull versus Infantry but Canister Shot, and Canister Shot is on a weaker platform and costs 85mun, which is a very good price, so i like canister shot, even if you dont use it, it just acts as a deterrent, like stickies on riflemen, and even when it was on Uses, i still had atleast 1 CS-Stuart in my battalion.

Back on topic: All those factors i just mentioned also apply to TankShock however, considering its effect and pricing, it definitly is too cheap and too powerfull, soone of those things has to change, or both, in a proportional manner.

And if you have no idea why and how something has to be changed about tankshock, just check page 1 of this thread and read through all of smokaz posts Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 05:18:13 pm »

Thats a specific doctrine tank that costs PP.

The normal Churchill IV gun is worthless, the Churchill VI has the almighty Sherman gun, not the upgunned Sherman, no, the 75mm Sherman gun.

At least get your tanks right, the Croc is an exception in overall effectiveness compared to the others.

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 05:58:48 pm »

up tank shock price to 65 or 70 munitions.  There you go all fixed....
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 06:02:26 pm »

It's being addressed in the patch, or in an upcoming patch either way Smiley.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »

Putting tank shock back to pinning 1 squad would be nice. It wouldnt need a price increase then.

Or just decrease the aura range so that it would take some skill to supress and pin a lot of squads in the open since you would have to move it around. Well, as much skill as a "tetrarch" churchhill would require to do this.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 06:23:58 pm »

I'd like it if buying tank shock didn't allow you to buy a mineflail.
Because inf do not dodge that thing. and making the inf lay flat on their faces only makes the stabbing worse.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »

Tank shock is too powerful, but the RSE doctrine as a whole is underwhelming.  It needs a t4 tank buff that increases firepower or durability ala heatrounds/german steel to be frank.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 06:59:09 pm »

Agreed Gamesguy, and removing the superspeed Churchill would go a long way to making Tank Shock more reasonable.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 08:15:53 pm »

Why is it that devs are so afraid of giving armor doctrine useful upgrades instead of these worthless battle advantages that last for 15 seconds..

Why cant we get some of these super passive buffs too.. its not like we have any AT or AI infy to begin with.

Rawr
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 08:30:41 pm »

Off topic: Armor should get the four man BAR squad IMO!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:51:20 pm by jackmccrack » Logged
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 09:03:02 pm »

imo, give armor the 30% increased speed t4; not Tank Destroyers! Makes more sense to have fast M10/M18's since thats what they excelled at. It would be like a passive flank speed.

Or, change NGV to give 15% range and 25% damage (Imp Barrels + half of HEAT Rounds)

Common sense is not so common after all.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 09:55:34 pm »

I like that NGV idea PQ..
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc