Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:44:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An EIRR first Goliath and Puma SPAMwhich!!  (Read 15986 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 02:02:11 am »

i would take a 6pop quad over a 8pop puma any day i would take a 6pop quad over a 6pop puma too

i barely used pumas because i they were not worth it

goliath are imho very powerful for griefing and gimmick companies but not for a "real" match and to win because they completely mess with your munitions
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:04:56 am by BigDick » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 02:09:49 am »

i want evidence to point out how "AXIS" cry and PM devs more.

Sry but i hate bias attitudes in this community

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11380.0

that guy doesnt count jeeze

and i was referring to how does this guy know if any AXIS pm devs huh huh huh?

its one guy, but there were several people who posted after him, i'm sure he didn't make 9 pages all himself.

and yea, i told you as soon as you lowered the pop what would happen with puma's, I know the mindset of the players so it was easy to see coming, a lot of the players will exploit any opening you give them.

Making up guns their own units with their own price much like the quad isn't that bad of an idea.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 02:11:15 am »

goliath are imho very powerful for griefing and gimmick companies but not for a "real" match and to win because they completely mess with your munitions

They stop blobs very welll especially Airborne and Ranger blobs and brit blobs of doom

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
boobaka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 02:23:50 am »

They stop blobs very welll especially Airborne and Ranger blobs and brit blobs of doom

with u on that one
Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 03:16:16 am »

Not only blobs, but they lay waste on tanks aswell  Roll Eyes

I liek 1/5 hp sherminators r33l mucho

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 03:19:08 am »

i would take a 6pop quad over a 8pop puma any day i would take a 6pop quad over a 6pop puma too

i barely used pumas because i they were not worth it

I would take tiger over pershing anyday for 16 pop, I would even take MG42 over .50 cal wow, lol I hope you get what I mean.

Well btw look at quads cost and pumas.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 03:29:36 am »

I would honestly be for increasing goliath fuel cost. The munitions reflects the damage they inflict, but the fuel needs to reflect their cloaking power. Maybe 40 or 50 fuel even. The munitions will still easily be the limiting factor, but this will make people be less "vehicle + supermine" spammy.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 03:52:35 am »

If something has to change, I believe it should be get a pop cost and be decloakable.

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:43 am »

it is decloakable afaik.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:08:12 am »

Its not. The only way to decloak a goliath is to move a tank near one and push it.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 04:10:55 am »

Yeah, Goliaths are permanently cloaked while not moving. The only way to decloak one is to move it or have it shoot a gun (a la fallschirmjagers).
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 05:13:56 am »

Just wait until you join some of allied defend game on crossroads after reset, hosted by some goof ball names like "WelcomeToCrossRoads" and "MayITakeYourCoat" to find out the the entirity of the map has been stacked to hell with demo charges, mines etc before a blob consisting of LT+American officer backed by rangers and airborne and snipers attacks you.

Spam at if you wanna kill pumas, as for goliaths it would be FAIR if a mine detection team actually decloaked them as this would give you a genuine counter. Probably the same should be implemented for demos in buildings.

Only british should have problems with puma spam really. Claudio did a 4 puma start to me in a 1v1 to grief me, I heard it coming and my normal core defeated it because I set up 2 mines around my 57mm as they approach.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:17:30 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:51 am »

they said goliath cloak was fixed like m18 cloak.

I dont know how many times we have to tell them they're wrong.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 06:20:09 am »

Spam at if you wanna kill pumas, as for goliaths it would be FAIR if a mine detection team actually decloaked them as this would give you a genuine counter. Probably the same should be implemented for demos in buildings.

Only british should have problems with puma spam really. Claudio did a 4 puma start to me in a 1v1 to grief me, I heard it coming and my normal core defeated it because I set up 2 mines around my 57mm as they approach.

As armor I have problem with upgunned puma spam, both tanks and atg misses them, especially tanks. Atg misses it and they just drive past it and shoots it down. Inf at could deal with them pretty easy but I can't afford many rifles with stickys so I have a hard time.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 06:28:16 am »

Not watched the replay but why are people whining about pumas :/ They are utter shit.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 07:21:34 am »

I watched the replay… Axis have 5 goliats (450MU). All those goliaths only manage to hit 2 squads of unupgraded riflemen (both squads had 1-2 survivors) and damages a repairing Sherman. The Sherman survives without any critical. Thats so OP!!!  Roll Eyes

3 unupgraded pumas are brought onto the field at the end of the game. 2 RR airborne engage the 3 pumas backed up by a P4 and MP44 storms. The RRs gets away from this engagement and even manage to kill a Puma. They do however fail to retreat long after they should have done so. At this point the Pumas have a grand total of 4 infantry kills (they get a few more after the allies charge with 4 unupgraded rifles).

The goliaths and the Pumas did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game. The allies lost because they played terrible!
Armormave Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 07:35:00 am »

I would agree with increasing the fuel cost on the goliaths.  If taking one more goliath means leaving behind a Stug, P4 or even a Puma then maybe you get games with 4 goliaths and not six. 

As for how many "kills" they get St.Pauli when you run one into a group and the entire group has to retreat off the map that is as good as a kill.

For the Axis that try to justify this crap, explain this to me.  What is the difference between an allied with Howitzer firing it and decrewing it to fire it again throughout a game.  This is considered "exploit" but if the player purchased all the extra infantry companies so they could do this and you don't want to waste an offmap to take it out what is the problem?

The problem is its a gimmick because a howitzer shouldn't be able to fire that fast and often (at least as far as we know).  Well the same is true with goliaths.  From wikipedia:

"Although a total of 7,564 Goliaths were produced, the single-use weapon was not considered a success due to the high unit cost, low speed (only just above 6 mph, or 9.5 km/h), poor ground clearance (just 11.4 centimeters), vulnerable command cables and thin armour which failed to protect the remote bomb from any form of antitank weapons. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine

Armormave Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:58 am »

In the picture an actual Goliath was huge about the size of a small refrigerator.  It also says they were vulnerable to anti-tank weapons not the other way around.  So if anything AT should get some kind of accuracy bonus v goliaths, including armor mounted AT.
Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:03 am »

Big mistake there, don't compare CoH with real life. Every unit in the game is wrong if you compare it like that.

Tell us how it the game gets more balanced with the nerf and the mods will listen.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 07:50:51 am »

provide some replays where you get pwned by goliaths.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc