Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:43:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of this mod....  (Read 31531 times)
Detrian Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 09:13:38 pm »

It will all be fixed with the reset guys.

Oh wait!

People saying than cloaking and slowly moving your units, dodging shit all the way is better than troops that can drop behind enemy lines, kill any vehicle with ease and then run away with a single button press? Hah!

Devs themselves saying that the incredibly shitty massing of units is counteracted by the incredibly shitty mass use of offmaps? Yeah I guess I could clean all the shit from my car's windscreen if I shot at it with a jet powered stream of pee.

The state of the mod is "pathetic" and unless EiR stops giving itself congratulatory blowjobs it will only go even worse.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 09:17:49 pm »

reset's not gonna fix lack of skill  Roll Eyes

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:48 pm »

Oh wait!

People saying than cloaking and slowly moving your units, dodging shit all the way is better than troops that can drop behind enemy lines, kill any vehicle with ease and then run away with a single button press? Hah!

Devs themselves saying that the incredibly shitty massing of units is counteracted by the incredibly shitty mass use of offmaps? Yeah I guess I could clean all the shit from my car's windscreen if I shot at it with a jet powered stream of pee.

The state of the mod is "pathetic" and unless EiR stops giving itself congratulatory blowjobs it will only go even worse.

Airborne can't kill every vehicle, especially when there is one inf squad next to it.  Also, spending 660 mp and 300+ mu (??) in a what is essentially a suicidal attack is nothing compared to a single storm w/ 2 shreks.  He can cloak on the attack and 'retreat' and paired up with an stg trooper can wreak havoc on any response troops.

Cloaking > fireup
Cloaking has no negatives.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2009, 09:23:37 pm »

Oh wait!

Charming.

Who said it will all be fixed with the reset?

This is a balance phase to find the extremities of unbalance in some areas.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:31 pm »

Devs themselves saying that the incredibly shitty massing of units is counteracted by the incredibly shitty mass use of offmaps?
Highlighted for a specific retort.

Massing of units (blobbing) *can* be counteracted by arty, but both being 'en masse' isnt.

A contributing factor to blobbing, is the large amount of aura units - giving benefits to things closer, while the counter is arty.

So its a repeating cycle.

To fix one, we need to fix both issues, or they'll both be 'pathetic' as you said.

Id thought that possible making the aura lose strength the more things are near it + less offmaps (already slated) may ease the situation.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2009, 11:43:05 pm »

Give incremental accuracy to all weapons in the game, not just the MG42.
1.02 = profit.

Yes, use a vehicle to counter an anti-vehicle unit.
Puma = phase armor much? Tongue

At any rate, if the airborne fire up to start running away from your troops when you are at medium range, it'll take them 17 seconds minimum to get out of their fire(if they keep chasing). 3 seconds after leaving the LOS, they'll get hit by the de-buff, and will get cought by your units. Don't you bring in "But they iz protected by MGs and shit!" - if they're behind your lines, they won't get that far back into their own territory.

RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:18 am »

At any rate, if the airborne fire up to start running away from your troops when you are at medium range, it'll take them 17 seconds minimum to get out of their fire(if they keep chasing). 3 seconds after leaving the LOS, they'll get hit by the de-buff, and will get cought by your units. Don't you bring in "But they iz protected by MGs and shit!" - if they're behind your lines, they won't get that far back into their own territory.

still your fault for fucking up behind enemy lines! LULSH
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 12:40:57 am »

Cloaking > fireup
Cloaking has no negatives.

Unit speed.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:04 pm »

Well well Freek is defending airborne again what a surprise, please see my comments in balance forum on the OP ness of RRs on supermen airborne squads of doom, & i can only lol at the regular bullshit arguments these people raise to keep the massive cost nurfs applied to Stormtroopers from applying to RR squads when every1 knows after 1 volley Stormies get gibbed by any old unit in the game, unlike the good old cheap spam fest of airborne RRs who will knock out yr Tanks in a jiffy np.

Tell you what lets have a decent raid assult T4 in Blitz that applies to the stormies so they can become OP as well, or r such T4s restricted to airborne only. Actually now we r on the subject wouldn't mind that cloak the piats get - take as many shots as u fancy from stealth till the tank is dead buff.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »

Oh wait!

I prefer;

The state of the community is, and has been, "pathetic", and until people stop giving the devs a congratulatory Cleveland steamer every time they get sand in their vag, it will only get even worse.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2009, 06:38:47 pm »

I believe this mod is getting out of control with the unit abilties and off maps.  I think we should tone it down a bit.  For both axis and allies...

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »

unfortunately due to all these offmaps, i had more fun with OMG last night  Cry

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2009, 09:06:51 pm »

If the mod continues down this path I think some others will as well...  EIR is the better mod atm but PLEASE tone it down with all the unit abilties, crazy doctrine abilities, and off maps.  Lets make the game a little more tactical vs just who can spam a "I WIN" button more often.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2009, 09:07:59 pm »

We are discussing several possible avenues to take in the regard of off maps. this is what this period of testing is all about.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2009, 10:41:34 pm »

unfortunately due to all these offmaps, i had more fun with OMG last night  Cry
Thats awesome - why Cry ?

As Ak said though, this phase is to test what people, end game, would (could) possibly gimmick up, and to raise the glaring problems.

Earlier, people were saying Offmaps were very numerous, and while that was the case - I need to see the heavy extremes to judge to what EXTENT the problem went.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2009, 11:01:15 pm »

1-2 off maps per game is ok.

When you play a 3v3 and you see 10+ off maps dropping left and right.  It becomes impossible to keep anything alive.  While the off maps themselves arent OP,  when you see a bunch of them in a game it takes the fun out of the game.  I dont even enjoy winning when I play with an off map centered company, such as terror or royal canadien arty.

Its not just the off maps.  Its all the abilities units are getting these days from button to incendiery strikes, snipers in squads, staghound stun, assault grenade stun, etc.  Also you have the doctrines super buffing units to make them uber...  Doctrines imo should slightly increase units stats, not create a superunit,  again this applies to both axis and allies.  All this creates is a min/maxing company with everyone spamming their elite units.

Just to add an idea.  I would make all off maps attached to unit where said unit has to gain line of sight to use the off map.  Also reduce the number available per player to 1 free, 2 with SP.  2 MAX off maps per player.  This is enough to make them worthwhile but not enough for someone to use them the whole game.

Also in regard to unit spamming,  Why not get rid of oversupply and make a hard cap to unit availibility.  Add some other PP sink into the game if thats what you need.  This would limit the amount of elite units we see on the field and people will be a bit more tactical with them instead of blobbing them.

Just some ideas.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2009, 11:04:04 pm »

You don't see the oversupply problem on vehicles, only on elite infantry really. And thats because infantry is so easy to keep alive.

Offmaps are annoying, and its not the 9 you see spread across 3 players, its the 24 spread across 3 players thats a pain in the ass.

Detrian Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2009, 11:04:48 pm »

Balancing this stuff based on what a player can get in a single 1v1 or 2v2 in VCOH probably has some merit.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:50 pm »

Why is it that I think axis have the best offmaps? (V1, firestorm...)
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2009, 11:20:42 pm »

Balancing this stuff based on what a player can get in a single 1v1 or 2v2 in VCOH probably has some merit.
Do you mean the number of uses during a single 1v1 / 2v2 or, do you mean selection of choices?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc