Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 01:17:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The State of Armor in EiRR  (Read 5425 times)
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 10, 2009, 02:30:34 pm »

Having recently dabbled in the doctirines as I am wont to do, I have noticed a few things about armor.

1. p4s are shit except vs inf.
2. axis hvy tanks are the only ones worth the price
3. brits cromwell is shit except vs inf, and not as good as a p4
4. M10s/m18s are the only thing i buy as us to kill axis vehicles. I have beaten and have been beaten by m10/m18 in tank on tank.(no cirle jerk)
5. Shrecks are the only good counter to tank destroyers, yet quads,m8s and only getiing 1 shreck, affinity for being squished, make them less than adequate.
6. light vehicle spam, with repairs is easy mode.

I am about to dabble in Tank reapers, look for the report in the New York Times next month.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:49:37 pm »

You do know a doctrine buffed P4 beats an Armor doctrine Sherman right?

P4's are fantastic tanks at pretty much everything.

Yes, multi repair Armor company is easy mode, as much as TH, Luft, Wehr in general, RCA, or AB.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 03:19:57 pm »

Yes, multi repair Armor company is easy mode, as much as TH, Luft, Wehr in general, RCA, or AB.

u mean brits in general.

FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:28:15 pm »

Are you referring to GS p4s?

You do know a field repairing upgun armor co sherman will beat a p4, ... right?

Yeah I know there is a bunch of easymodes, I just discovered this one. The problem is not with shermans, however a field repairing sherman will beat a "doctrine buffed" p4. I am refering to m10s, m18s taking on a p4 front armor to front armor and raping.

I am also talking about light vehicle spam. and while im at it hvy tank spam and any other spam whose sole purpose is to overpower not the entire enemy, but only one aspect of his battalion. This is usually manifested in going after the at of the enemy as he is limited to how many atgs and paks he can buy. This is sound strategy, my problem is that instead of gaining an advantage you gain an almost win. If I still had my allies account I would spam rifles and run over the fools who have been stocking up on paks. The game should not be decided by company set up long before the troops take the field.
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

Thank you aloha for the non- sequitur
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:23 pm »

Having recently dabbled in the doctirines as I am wont to do, I have noticed a few things about armor.

1. p4s are shit except vs inf.  u can also use them vs shermans but they will get hurt badly
2. axis hvy tanks are the only ones worth the price  p4s are also worth their price, but ONLY with upgrades
3. brits cromwell is shit except vs inf, and not as good as a p4  cromwells cost less..
4. M10s/m18s are the only thing i buy as us to kill axis vehicles. I have beaten and have been beaten by m10/m18 in tank on tank.(no cirle jerk) shermans are not supposed to kill tanks?! inf support tank?
5. Shrecks are the only good counter to tank destroyers, yet quads,m8s and only getiing 1 shreck, affinity for being squished, make them less than adequate.  ?
6. light vehicle spam, with repairs is easy mode. 30 kills on t17 FTW (because of the nice sandbags upgrade which was totally unnessessary

I am about to dabble in Tank reapers, look for the report in the New York Times next month.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 03:46:25 pm »

Are you referring to GS p4s?

You do know a field repairing upgun armor co sherman will beat a p4, ... right?

Yeah I know there is a bunch of easymodes, I just discovered this one. The problem is not with shermans, however a field repairing sherman will beat a "doctrine buffed" p4. I am refering to m10s, m18s taking on a p4 front armor to front armor and raping.

I am also talking about light vehicle spam. and while im at it hvy tank spam and any other spam whose sole purpose is to overpower not the entire enemy, but only one aspect of his battalion. This is usually manifested in going after the at of the enemy as he is limited to how many atgs and paks he can buy. This is sound strategy, my problem is that instead of gaining an advantage you gain an almost win. If I still had my allies account I would spam rifles and run over the fools who have been stocking up on paks. The game should not be decided by company set up long before the troops take the field.

How dare those TANK DESTROYERS excel at killing your P4, I mean omg! Seriously, its almost like they are mobile anti tank guns.....wait a minute....they are!!

As for light vehicle spam, can you please describe what this is? Armor Doctrine and PE both rely on light vehicles, its not really spam. Thats like saying people spam Panzer Grens and Riflemen.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55:24 pm »

1. p4s are shit except vs inf.
2. axis hvy tanks are the only ones worth the price
3. brits cromwell is shit except vs inf, and not as good as a p4
4. M10s/m18s are the only thing i buy as us to kill axis vehicles. I have beaten and have been beaten by m10/m18 in tank on tank.(no cirle jerk)
5. Shrecks are the only good counter to tank destroyers, yet quads,m8s and only getiing 1 shreck, affinity for being squished, make them less than adequate.
6. light vehicle spam, with repairs is easy mode.

P4's are OP.
Axis tanks are worth the price if used well.
Croms are shit v everything.
m10s and m18s are odd, they shouldnt be able to take a p4 with skirts head on and win.
Shreks are fine, paks own tank destroyers too.
And no its not.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 05:02:29 pm »

I am talking about company builds deciding the game before it starts. That is the spam Im referring to.

I undertand m10s are a mobile at gun, but Im saying that they used to have to be used tactically, circle jerk, in pairs, rushing in at low health etc. Now they are cheaper and better than a p4 and p4s are reduced to a glorified puma. I had a p4 on today and I couldnt engage an armor sherman because I would lose and then lose all my inf. and starting call in.
So yeah I am pointing this out.

@ Two,
Thanks. for addressing the post.
the p4s have skirts.
the only problem with the m10/18 shit is the supporting light vehicles. quads and m8s can neutralize paks and shrecks, which do, do well against tank destroyers no doubt.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:03:43 pm »

Your armour  arguemnt is quite silly. It almost seems like you always end up in solo 1v1 Tank battles.

"An armour co repairing upgun sherman repairing will beat a P4."
o_o
lets count the sherman buffs nessesary to win.
1. upgun-75 munitions
2. Tungsten tipping T2 - 15% more penetration
3. Shoot and scoot - 10% lss reload
4. Mobile warfare - 10% less incoming accuracy
5. field repair T3 -1 use of a 2 use offmap that gives the sherman 200hp.

Well duh if that didn't beat a P4 why the fuck am i going armour co?
go use your doctrine that buffs your infantry and gives you offmaps because armour players get 0 offmaps and 0 infantry buffs. everything buffs their tanks by little stacking increments. The fact that someone has to use field repairs to win is what bothers me about that statement. your argument just turned into a "why cant my tanks beat tank hunter doctrine?" or "why does RCA have artillery?"

As for light vehicle spam, can you please describe what this is? Armor Doctrine and PE both rely on light vehicles, its not really spam. Thats like saying people spam Panzer Grens and Riflemen.
Hehe with inf doctrine you can spam riflemen as a deadly force.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:55 pm »

...look at his name "failhammer" he is pure fail, either L2P, or play with another doctrine cuz a lot of the stuff you're complaining about, are the opposite of what people think about those units lol.

and seriously...you mean I have to get a T4 and spend 75 muni just to beat a P4? OMG! That's so freakin OP!!!!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 05:06:46 pm »

I am talking about company builds deciding the game before it starts. That is the spam Im referring to.

I undertand m10s are a mobile at gun, but Im saying that they used to have to be used tactically, circle jerk, in pairs, rushing in at low health etc. Now they are cheaper and better than a p4 and p4s are reduced to a glorified puma. I had a p4 on today and I couldnt engage an armor sherman because I would lose and then lose all my inf. and starting call in.
So yeah I am pointing this out.

@ Two,
Thanks. for addressing the post.
the p4s have skirts.
the only problem with the m10/18 shit is the supporting light vehicles. quads and m8s can neutralize paks and shrecks, which do, do well against tank destroyers no doubt.

thats so funny, you're describing things that those units are supposed to be used to do. If there's a tank and a pak, what person in his right mind isn't going to use something a light vehicle, ifnantry, artillery, to take out the dang pak so his m10/18 can have free reign. Just stop already cuz you are really posting some crazy stuff that makes no sense.
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 05:09:11 pm »

All im saying on the original post about the m10s 18 is that they shouldnt be able to take out a skirted p4 toe to toe. bing.

And no where did I say nerf any docterines mr look at my tiers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:11:24 pm by FailHammer » Logged
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 05:11:20 pm »

All im saying on the original post about the m10s 18 is that they shouldnt be able to take out a skirted p4 toe to toe. bing.
they can if you go rambo. deal with it. charging the enemy is stupid.

And use upgun pumas if you have a problem with allied vehicles. The phase shield armour and klingon deflectors can ward off RR ion cannons and help enemy torpedos miss you.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 02:31:18 am »

m10s and m18s are odd, they shouldnt be able to take a p4 with skirts head on and win.

LOL? Why exactly? Because tank destroyers don't have a chance against a super heavy medium tank like the P4?

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:15 am »

And no where did I say nerf any docterines mr look at my tiers

Exchanging shots, no, p4 wins every time, tactically using it? M10's and m18's should win at least half the time because of range (45 on m10 and m18 vs 40 for p4) speed, (circle strafing) and penetration of the m10 vs p4 armor. I"ve been able to out range p4's and kite them with m10's before. I used to have 3 vet 2 m10's a while back before some of the bigger doctrines got in because i knew how to use them.

You seem to have some terrible misconceptions about the units. Maybe it sust the way you play, this isn't vcoh, you can't just charge p4's into the enemy, you'll get raped, dont solo them etc. i'm sure thats what you do cuz thats what it sounds like you do.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 02:58:29 pm »

Only the cromwell needs work imo. Everything else stated is a load of crap really.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 03:24:09 pm »

Only the cromwell needs work imo. Everything else stated is a load of crap really.

it doesnt because its cheap!
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 03:32:31 pm »

churhil croc ffs. some guy threw 2 of em at me at the start. theyre only like 12 pop. how can you ever counter these things? POPCAP INCREASE!
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 03:39:54 pm »

m10s and m18s have a insave 25 per damage buff against panzer4s...   making like 140 damage per penetrating shot..  so they can beat 4s if used correctly..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc