Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:01:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW]17 Pounder  (Read 7367 times)
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« on: August 15, 2009, 11:54:55 pm »

It needs a range increase...maybe have the same range as an 88? or less
but as well increase the manpower and the munitions with the range?

The problem is its an emplacement and you can't move it too often so its often kited,or out ranged by a PE mortar

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:14 am »

You're joking right?

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:08:36 am »

Capping it at one avail, I wouldn't mind an 'Allied' 88 (of course not super long range similar to 88 but something longer than it is now and less than an 88?), since rarely does anyone ever deploy emplacements.  They're not mobile and take a very long time to build (like Howies, 88s, etc).

It would be much easier for axis to counter due to their longer range mortars, mortar HTs, mass shreks and even armor can kill it due to its inability to repair, and definitely can be circle-strafed and destroyed by clown car shreks!  Grin

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 12:25:40 am »

its range is fine, it just needs to be more durable. Small arms fire should not hurt it, or it should have more health. Either way, it gets taken out by a nebel and a few mortors pretty quick.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:29:21 am »

IMO, it just costs too much - 350 MP and 150 MU... that's just too expensive for such a fragile unit.

A healthy health increase could work too.

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:34 am »

Yeah, if not a range increase for it to be able to snipe Mortar HT ala Flak 88. Then a Health increase approprate to it Emplacment size.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 12:59:14 am »

Just give the 17lbr CW_Emplacement armor. Currently they have Checkpoint armor, which takes much more damage than CW_Emplacement.

Oddly enough, the Mortar Pit is the only Brit emplacement that has CW_Emplacement armor, which is why it may seem so much harder to kill than other emplacements.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 01:06:53 am »

Yes, because simcity is something we definitely want to bring to EIR.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:08:16 am »

Yes, because simcity is something we definitely want to bring to EIR.

Roll Eyes

Availability really keep this in check... that and the fact that you can't vet them up due to bugs, you can't relocate the HMG due to bugs...

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 01:11:00 am »

guys its a permanent gun emplacement which can be recrewed, has no chance of the crew dying, and wide fire arc + super penetration for only 30 munitions more than Piats?Huh

srsly guys......
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:28 am »

I think it needs a buff against mortars too.  It is physically large meaning most mortars shots will hit, and by the time you gone off and killed the mortar then the 17-pounder is likely already dead.  Emplacements are severely disadvantaged in the EiR gameplay environment so whatever balance fears caused them to be nerfed were probably unfounded. 
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 01:19:35 am »

I think it needs a buff against mortars too.  It is physically large meaning most mortars shots will hit, and by the time you gone off and killed the mortar then the 17-pounder is likely already dead.  Emplacements are severely disadvantaged in the EiR gameplay environment so whatever balance fears caused them to be nerfed were probably unfounded. 
Agreed 17 Pounders need a health buff or a range buff(Rather range because being mortared and seeing the mortar only away like 5 or 10 range from your 17 pounders range is quite annoying)

Also its annoying seeing a grenade kill your entire squad inside an emplacement(Doesn't happen to a mortar pit)

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 01:19:51 am »

guys its a permanent gun emplacement which can be recrewed, has no chance of the crew dying, and wide fire arc + super penetration for only 30 munitions more than Piats?Huh

srsly guys......

I can tell from this assessment that you've clearly played with them recently. . .
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 01:24:37 am »

Agreed, it's too big and gets hits and nuked by too many things.  Being a 'counter' to heavy tanks, and being that expensive (plus another 30 ammo for those AP shots if you want) and vulnerable to small arms fire, circling armored cars, mass hezters with MGs and their tank shots and everyone's mother hitting it... I mean come on, this isn't computer991's mom we're talking about here! ^^

But yeah, seriously needs an increase in health/armor or range to compensate for its severe weaknesses.  And on the SimCity comment, you're restricted due to availability and axis artillery is plentiful and outshoots everything we allies currently have, save for the 105mm and maybe the mortar pit currently (btw, why does the mortar pit have such heavy armor and the other emplacements don't?  It was bouncing off firefly and cromwell rounds and just in my last game we couldn't even destroy our own capture mortar pit!).  And unlike said SimCity in vCOH (which I do miss, honestly, heh), you can't repair constantly the emplacements, and it does take a very long time to deman the guns and yes, the crews can be killed by arms fire and nades, teammate lost his crew and almost had it taken from him if it wasn't for a quick Staghound rushing to the scene.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28:07 am »

vulnerable to small arms fire, circling armored cars, mass hezters with MGs and their tank shots and everyone's mother hitting it... I mean come on, this isn't computer991's mom we're talking about here! ^^
rofl

srsly guys......

You realize it doesn't move? right? right...?
It has serveral weaknesses to be honest...
 Compared to the 88

It doesn't move (you have to manually move it(The firing arc))
It doesn't do as much damage(Unless you have the AP rounds)
Its much larger than the 88(Making it a bigger target)
i'm too lazy to name the rest but there is several weaknesses to this gun
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:43 am »

srsly guys......

I can tell from this assessment that you've clearly played with them recently. . .

in fact i did use it and it helped me take down 2 Panthers and half a Puma.  It's actually a fantastic defensive weapon on Abberville.  It also penetrated every time against the panthers without using AP rounds, which i won't even bother to touch unless they do 300% damage.

Yes the mortar can kill it easily, but thats its primary weakness.  If well defended, it will scare most Axis armour away and force them to bring in infantry or artillery to kill it.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 01:39:23 am »

How do you lose 2 panthers to a 17 pounder, it's a static emplacement...
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 02:08:43 am »

srsly guys......

in fact i did use it and it helped me take down 2 Panthers and half a Puma.  It's actually a fantastic defensive weapon on Abberville.  It also penetrated every time against the panthers without using AP rounds, which i won't even bother to touch unless they do 300% damage.

Yes the mortar can kill it easily, but thats its primary weakness.  If well defended, it will scare most Axis armour away and force them to bring in infantry or artillery to kill it.

Tell me who you play,who lost 2 panthers to a 17 pounder seriously....only a noob or a bold player charges a 17 pounder.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 02:59:49 am »

It wasn't me but it could have been a bren button ambush when he got into range Shocked

And computer, ofcourse you can move the 17pdr in contrast to the 88(relocate)...

The 17pdr is fine, make it a little more survivable (but not too survivable alâ mortar pit).

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 03:22:02 am »

srsly guys......

Tell me who you play,who lost 2 panthers to a 17 pounder seriously....only a noob or a bold player charges a 17 pounder.

Tell me who you play, I want some free vet from people rear-facing their tigers to my AT guns too!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc