Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Win/Loss Reward System  (Read 2880 times)
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 17, 2009, 01:31:18 pm »

Currently, you are better off losing games and gaining less experience in order to stay below those players who win. As they gain rank, you gain more PP. Vice versa; the higher ranks are being punished for winning said games.

Here are the problems as I see them:

1) The experience to PP rate is off. You advance tiers a lot faster then you can actually purchase your unlocks. This just seems a bit odd and I argue that it exemplifies the current disproportion that exists within the mod. It might be better for game play to have some sort of cohesion in this matter.

2) You should get bonus PP if you win a game similar to how you get double XP. This might help bring PP gain and exp gain closer together. It also rewards players for winning, something we currently lack. Additionally, I argue that we should remove the double exp and add a smaller gain. Rather then a 200% increase, it could be a 125% increase.

3) Provide more war maps to play on and lower the bonuses provided by each war map. Some war maps should only increase experience whereas, others might increase PP. This will provide players with more variety but may also cause said imbalances. So if this is done, it should be done carefully.

That is all I have for now, what does everyone else think?

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:52:05 pm »

Stacking would increase a lot more if Losers gain nothing and winners clean the table. Which would mean we see Good players vs New players and more dodging etc and with small community it'll lead into chaos xD

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
AyeSpy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:56:34 pm »

Hoorah PQ. I agree. There should be more incintive to win. 2 extra pps. Something small so as not to encourage coward ass stacking. I mean I play for !America Fuck Yeah!@! and all but it would be nice.

-WOLFGOR(axis)
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:00:41 pm »

1. No
2. No
3. maybe

Why?
The stacking is getting old fast. Too many players refuse to play when they don't have a good chance of winning. We're seeing alot of people jump in and out of games until they finally find one in which their odds are greatly stacked in their favor.

This is seriously ruining many aspects of the game. Players need to stop caring so much about their win/loss ratio and just join any game.

This problem still exists, and with any change to the win/loss reward system it would become even worse.

aka UckY  Wink
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:01:29 pm »

This was brought up a long time ago by Gamesguy, who then proceeded to play with only very new players (unlike a certain PP Farmer we all know and "love" Tongue) so that it increased his chances of losing, thereby demonstrating that the system is broken like this. I do not know how to fix it.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 02:13:43 pm »

Yea, I need to lose more games, I win some on accident....

BigDick
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »

This was brought up a long time ago by Gamesguy, who then proceeded to play with only very new players (unlike a certain PP Farmer we all know and "love" Tongue) so that it increased his chances of losing, thereby demonstrating that the system is broken like this. I do not know how to fix it.

yeah and i wouldnt change my comment to that when i remember it was something like

good players want to win (thats why many stack) casual gamers dont care about stats and exploiting the system they play for fun
and average players (who not teamstack) need to keep their win loss ratio on a good level or no one will join their team
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:19:20 pm »

the big issue I am address is not team stacking. its the fact that you gain exp far faster then you gain PP, causing players who win a lot to suffer as the war progresses. Either one of those solutions would of helped elevate this problem.

In other words, earning double experience is hurting players who win rather then encouraging them to do so. Experience gain is too high atm, and ought to be lowered. This discussion is about whether or not you feel that current exp advance way ahead of PP advancement, and if so, what is the solution. Should it stay the same, or should we lower exp gain. Your better of providing 10% more PP per game then 100% more experience (for winning).

Currently, exp is being given as the incentive to win, not PP.
PQ
BigDick
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:55:34 pm »

u just didnt understand how the system works

if you win much (cause you are good or stack much) you gain much xp and climp up the ranks) when you play people with lower ranks (that have just new companies or people who suck) you dont gain that many pp like you gain against equal ranks...

its more like to give less reward for playing lowrank players

that the rank should be influenced more by win/loss ratio than just by xp gain through spamed games is an other part
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc