Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:53:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Availability Rework  (Read 20324 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 04:43:05 pm »

For the most part this combined with pricing should work. However it may lead back to the old company builds and be a bit gimmicky. My main concern would be, say I am axis, we are losing, I build a company to defend. My start is 12 pio's with mines + goliaths, everything else is infantry and support (5 paks, 6 hmgs, 2 mortars/nebel).

Maybe swap a couple things for an 88 depending on doctrine. But you can see how this could lead to really silly games....again.

Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 04:43:55 pm »

Good post.

The old Availability is the same way - this way however, there is a penalty if you have an oversupplied infantry pool - if you lose the Ranger OR a Rifleman squad.

This system may not be perfect by itself.  I do believe it needs a second part added, like a hard cap on units.

Yeah, I see your point, certainly worth seeing how it plays out, just suggesting a way to make it have more precise control.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »

Hmmm.... so will prices be adjusted for this new supply system? It seems like it's going to cut my infantry company in half (size-wise).  Rangers taking 4 and a dang officer taking 3?  Outrageous costs at least on that.  Rangers would definitely need to be cheaper than Airborne and officers should be 1 and not 3 since its a single man and a doctrine specific unit.

I'm kinda meh about this idea, but I'll have to see more details about this system before I can really comment much further on it.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »

Hmmm.... so will prices be adjusted for this new supply system? It seems like it's going to cut my infantry company in half (size-wise).  Rangers taking 4 and a dang officer taking 3?  Outrageous costs at least on that.  Rangers would definitely need to be cheaper than Airborne and officers should be 1 and not 3 since its a single man and a doctrine specific unit.

I'm kinda meh about this idea, but I'll have to see more details about this system before I can really comment much further on it.
The costs are exactly the same as their PP costs.

Except now they share a in-supply rather than individual.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 05:48:40 pm »

The costs are exactly the same as their PP costs.

Except now they share a in-supply rather than individual.

But if say the total supply is 24, taking 4 ranger squads will eat up 12 points, leaving you 12 more points to only buy 6 riflemen, so in effect it's making all the armies smaller and forcing us to all buy mass vehicles, tanks, and support teams.  Currently I have 14 riflemen, a bunch of engineers and a few rangers... so this would mean everyone's companies are being reduced by 50%?  And for infantry doctrine, taking vehicles or forcing to take things like AT guns (which I dislike myself as its not part of my playstyle as I like mobility) seems to disadvantage us as none of our doctrine choices buff our light vehicles when we're expected to field say a 1/4th of our army as these mandatory 'cores'.

Am I reading this right?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 06:01:23 pm »

Modified the numbers - they didnt all add up to 70 ;p

And, these numbers are just made up.

For infantry, 28 available.

I could have 4 Rangers (16), 12 Rifles.
or
6 Rangers (24), 4 Rifles.

BEFORE I start paying PP.

Currently, if I buy 6 Rangers, Im paying 4 PP, so lets assume I do so.
I would have:
6 Rangers (24), 8 Rifles. (Costing 4PP for this build).

This method actually gives you more freedom (when the numbers are set right) than the previous methods.
Because the cap is now across these multiple fields.
There is no difference between choosing an AT gun or not taking it in the pool vs individual build methods.

The numbers can be tweaked.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:05:21 pm by EIRRMod » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 06:05:49 pm »

leaving you 12 more points to only buy 6 riflemen

This is where you must've misread, 12 points = 12 riflemen Smiley.
4 Rangers and 12 Riflemen is not much different from the current.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 06:08:07 pm »

Also, Engineers might need to be split into Assault Engineers (ones that get Flame throwers) in infantry, and Normal Engineers (ones that get buildings and minesweepers) for example.

There is also the idea of adding a 'supply' pool of 10, which gets dipped into when you are out in another pool.
This would allow more variance in builds - but hopefully not cause Spammwiches.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 06:09:27 pm »

Reading more through this, its apparent there needs to be the Supply pool aswell.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

Ahh I see, and my bad I was reading the engineers - 2 as riflemen and misread riflemen - 1.  Though its crazy to think engineers would be double that of rifles, I would expect less so yeah I think a seperation of assault and just builders would be fine.

Hmm this idea doesn't sound too bad, had to ask Bob some questions on this to clarify not too long ago, and that 'second' supply pool makes this sound like a very interesting system now.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:56 pm »

I think the light vehicle cap needs expanded as well...right now you can only have 6 light vehicles(with no jeeps) as listed with Armor doc...thats really low...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »

I think the light vehicle cap needs expanded as well...right now you can only have 6 light vehicles(with no jeeps) as listed with Armor doc...thats really low...
And then, if you want to go further, you use the 10 supply pool for another 3 + a jeep.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 07:57:27 pm »

Free? or for PP?  That doesn't seem to be explained anywhere, or I'm just dumb.  Its possible its the second one.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 08:06:07 pm »

I really like this...can't wait ot try it out

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 08:25:43 pm »

Free? or for PP?  That doesn't seem to be explained anywhere, or I'm just dumb.  Its possible its the second one.
No, I think I mentioned it mid-thread lol.

There needs to be another pool - just a default pool, which would represent your ... playstyle pool I guess Wink

Once a pools depleted, it then comes out of this default pool.  Supply pool it will be called, and will be worth 10.

After that, everything will be 1pp.  (probably up to a certain point, then 2pp, then 3pp etc)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 08:56:03 pm »

Gotcha, sounds good to me.  Sorry for the confusion.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »

This is quite possibly the best idea that has come to EIRR in a long time.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »

This is quite possibly the best idea that has come to EIRR in a long time.
Thanks!

TOTALLY all my idea.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »

This is quite possibly the best idea that has come to EIRR ever
Fixed that for you

This is pretty fucking awesome but I'd the say the current values on rangers and AB are still too high. Just getting 4 of them limits you to 14 rifle squads again which is what I thought we were trying to increase. I think 3 each is good because 9 rangers/AB for all your inf really isnt that scary but still lets you get more rifles if you want to use them as actual elite inf.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 10:28:54 pm »

This is quite possibly the best idea that has come to EIRR ever
Fixed that for you

This is pretty fucking awesome but I'd the say the current values on rangers and AB are still too high. Just getting 4 of them limits you to 14 rifle squads again which is what I thought we were trying to increase. I think 3 each is good because 9 rangers/AB for all your inf really isnt that scary but still lets you get more rifles if you want to use them as actual elite inf.

No I love the current values.   You can choose, elite infantry spam or regular infantry spam, you can't have both as airborne anymore, and thats a good thing.  Being able to get 9 squads of airborne and 14 rifles and 6 flame engies was just imbalanced and I'm glad this system will get rid of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc