Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:23:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Upgrade Icon Indicators Equally  (Read 2387 times)
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 18, 2009, 05:14:01 pm »

Can we just show what units have what upgrades already? That or just turn them all off (now that would be interesting).

It's comical to watch Axis tanks back off of just about any rifleman that heads their way cause they "might" have stickies. Can we just make a sticky icon upgrade icon? I realize it will likely still get hidden by the bar upgrade or vice versa, but upgraded units should be equal in the display of their ability.

There are other abilities that do this, this is just the prominent one that comes to mind.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:19 pm »

It's hard to say if this would be a good change, even if it's hugely annoying to have to deal with this as axis. It is by any objective understanding a all-cross the board nerf to stickies. Then again if stickies were much more reduced in price, they would become more spammable. But some kind of compensation is in order as removing the "bluff" ability of allied rifles is a nerf. Uses, cooldown time could be the way to go as vet 2 sticky range already is exellent.

If you make stickies have a shrek-zook-rr type of icon, we might as well start showing nade upgrades on rifles and grenadier. And then some guy comes along saying stormies and volks should have icons for assault nades and bundlenades. And then another guy comes along saying threadbreaker and t17's should have icons for TB and PR.

Imo this bag of worms should not be opened, too much basic stuff has been molested with a more or less gentle hand already and remains to be functionally integrated,.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:24:06 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:37:15 pm »

You can definitely go overboard with it I suppose, although I thought assault nades already displayed an indicator when they were used?
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:39:15 pm »

I do agree with smokaz on this one.
However: id like to see some changes applied to anti-tank grenades to make them as "bluff" effective as stickies Smiley

aka UckY  Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:17:38 pm »

AT nades and stickies both have animations that show they are being used or attempted to being used. Sticky squads ordered to sticky a tank out of range also move and pursue the tank in a very awkvard manner. As for assault nades, the icon pops up when it is being used like ferocity, inspired assault, fireup etc. Seems fair to me.

The "bluff" about PG's is just as present as the rifleman sticky bluff, its just that being targeted by a AT nade throwing squad doesnt incur any penalty for not avoiding it other than taking damage, and it doesnt even damage the vehicle that much. Its the engine damage probability that scares off axis tanks, not the damage itself.

Again, seems like a slippery slope. Even if its "unfair" that shreks are visible, how else would you implement it? I think most players will become slightly suspicious of the AT capability of a grenadier squad even without the shrek icon, since one guy in the squad is carrying a big fat metal thing.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:44 pm »

There isn't enough room to do that. Since as soon as they get another upgrade or weapon pickup, it will disappear and be replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc