Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 08:33:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mortar vet is borked.  (Read 7574 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:11 pm »

The wehr mortar is better because of the high splash damage, the lower health US and Brit squads and because of higher suppression. The allied mortar does more damage and has a faster rof but doesn't suppress as well as the wehr mortar does. I"d love to see the allied or even the british 2in mortar be able to pack and repack faster.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:46 pm »

The wehr mortar is better because of the high splash damage, the lower health US and Brit squads and because of higher suppression. The allied mortar does more damage and has a faster rof but doesn't suppress as well as the wehr mortar does. I"d love to see the allied or even the british 2in mortar be able to pack and repack faster.
Both mortars have the same AoE damage modifiers, yet the Allies' does more damage, so the Allied mortar has better AoE damage.
It takes 3 hits from a Wehr mortar to suppress Rifles, 4 for Tommies. It takes 4 hits form an Allied mortar to suppress Volks/Grens. Hardly a difference (especially since the Allied mortar can get those shots out faster).
And why should Allied mortars pack faster? That's be shite for balance.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:52 pm »

Both mortars have the same AoE damage modifiers, yet the Allies' does more damage, so the Allied mortar has better AoE damage.
It takes 3 hits from a Wehr mortar to suppress Rifles, 4 for Tommies. It takes 4 hits form an Allied mortar to suppress Volks/Grens. Hardly a difference (especially since the Allied mortar can get those shots out faster).

That made me rofl non stop.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 12:37:02 am »

The british mortar should pack just a lil bit faster because of its shitte range and how horribly inaccurate it is. You can't counter mortar with the brit mortar, it's just impossible.

and the allied mortar does more damage in terms of modifiers to infantry, elite, sniper and heroic armor but only 4 more in terms of damage. The alied mortar does 20 per hit and the wehr does 36, so you trying to base that its better by 4 more damage?

and even if the suppression is the same, a rifles suppression resistance is lower. All it takes is one good mortar hit and a rifle squad is suppression by an axis mortar. Can't tell you how long it takes grens adn volks to get pinned cuz i've yet to see it.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:33 am »

Volks, Grens, and Riflemen all have the same suppression thresholds according to coh-stats.

But still I don't see the US Mortar suppressing like the Wehr one sometimes does. WHY DOES IT DO THAT

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 01:39:02 am »

i'm going to bet its because of the intial damge that it does. The multiplier doesn't factor into the AOE damage maybe, it only goes by the initial damage so you're getting 36 and 20 pts towards the suppression and aoe damage, rather than 36 and 40 vs infantry, so that would mean that the wehr mortar is doing more damage on infanttry in the open than the allied mortar does. In fact, the allied mortar seems to do its best work vs infantry in houses.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 01:40:37 am »

i'm going to bet its because of the intial damge that it does. The multiplier doesn't factor into the AOE damage maybe, it only goes by the initial damage so you're getting 36 and 20 pts towards the suppression and aoe damage, rather than 36 and 40 vs infantry, so that would mean that the wehr mortar is doing more damage on infanttry in the open than the allied mortar does. In fact, the allied mortar seems to do its best work vs infantry in houses.

Err suppression has nothing to do with damage.

Jack its because the American mortar has only 60% the suppression of the wehr one.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:55:25 am »

Honestly it's that uber allied reload that scares me.

Barrage abilities

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\   US mortar     WM mortar
Cooldown              0.75              0.3
Fire Aim Time         0.75                0
Ready Aim Time      0.5                0.5
Wind Up                 2.2               2.5
Wind Down              1                 1.5
Reload                    0                  0
Total                     5.2               4.8

Mmmm... what was this about the US mortar shooting "insanely fast"?

Mystalin intentionally left out a bunch of stuff.  The following are the actual numbers, including the ones mystalin omitted.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\   US mortar     WM mortar
Cooldown              0-0.75            0.3
Fire Aim Time         0-0.75             0
Ready Aim Time      0-0.5            0-0.5
Wind Up                 2.2               2.5
Wind Down              1                 1.5
Reload                    0                  0
Total                  3.2-5.2          4.3-4.8
Average                    4                    4.55

Please refrain from calling me Mystalin, when my name is Mysthalin. Your use of Mystalin points towards communistic ideals that I allegedly propose, and is flamebaiting, considering my historical background.

I did not ommit those intentionally, and I simply did not notice them, so please refrain from framing me as well.

In other words : fuck off.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 03:36:05 am »

Aaaaand Locked.

The vet tables are different for each mortar, for flavour.
Its not bugged.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc