Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:18:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM]{Terror} Terror Officer  (Read 18075 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2009, 10:30:14 am »

they dont need medkits, they have health regen.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2009, 11:20:52 am »

Lol yea that's franklins call in, it's so utter fail though.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 11:33:50 am »

I've seen 4 terror officer start with panther support before. 4 off-maps = dead atguns, officer = dead infantry, panther = dead vehicles.

Edit:
Terror officer offmap comes free with unit at 150 mun. Brit LT and Captain have to pay 150/140 mun respectively to buy offmap. While their offmap is more devastating, the TO's anti-infantry offmap is still strong enough to cripple MGs and ATGs - which are really the more important targets anyway.

That's quite a lot of firepower and special ability for 150 mun.

well the TO is a doctrine specific unit so you won't see from every single player you will ever face.
I do not have TO because I am SE and Luft. Blitzen won't have TO because he is blitz. Warlight will not have TO because he is tank hunter. Elite gren, on the other hand, is terror so he will most likely have TOs (plural). I believe Sojourner also does not have a TO because he is defensive. In fact, many axis players will not have a TO because they are either not terror or because they just don't like the TO. I hope you understand what I am trying say here by naming all those people; what I am trying to say is that the 4 TO call-in you saw will not be very common so you will not have to worry about it as much. Whoever this guy is, he is risking a lot of munis for TOs and once he has to call them off, that is over 600 muni down the drain. Misten i hope you understood what I have just said.
Brought to you by Taco Bell...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:19:33 pm by crimsonrabbit » Logged

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 12:17:14 pm »

Now we wait for the removal of the above post due to it's inflamatory content.

So what if not EVERYBODY uses them - it doesn't change the fact they're OP.
Just like in the scenario of the flammenwerfer HT. It is useless, but some people still actually own a few.

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 01:37:18 pm »

You trying to state people will not use a op unit ya right once it is learned that a unit or ability is op everybody jumps on the bandwagon ...

and i dont see a whole lot of people using them right now that could change because of some statements as to there op ness ...

bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 02:13:37 pm »

i had the only vet 3 TO that I have seen. it took a long time to get him there, many many games.....he died to one artillary round, or a sherman running him over, i cant remember which. I  think there is to much fanboyism in this topic. If you take awway all the abilities of all the officers, that includes foo, and the defs mortar barage, I wouldnt see an issue. thats my suggestion if you want to change it. other than that im gonna say.
Only Allied & Only Axis players (meaning they play a single side) need to start looking at it from a middle ground, or not posting on topics because super bias blasphemy.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 03:23:19 pm »

Only Allied & Only Axis players (meaning they play a single side) need to start looking at it from a middle ground, or not posting on topics because super bias blasphemy.

For most people someone biased is person who disagress with their opininion.

And stop using extreme arguments like that he is easy to crush with sherman, explain me is there any kind of inantry harder to crush then other?

Take 3 long breaths, think, post. (general advice, it's not pointed at anyone)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:25:09 pm by Draken » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:37 pm »

i don'T see problems with the terror officer

he is quite expensive and need to be close to the enemies to do its job

i saw a inf company officer today with more than 20 kills used by a player i wouldnt consider as good

i cannot remember to have seen a terror officer with so many kills
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 06:50:32 pm »

i had the only vet 3 TO that I have seen. it took a long time to get him there, many many games.....he died to one artillary round, or a sherman running him over, i cant remember which.

I had a vet 3 TO but then a new war came.

So many ridiculous posts in this thread lol.

If the TO is REALLY out of hand, then it could go back to its t3 spot.  This way you don't have to face TO+4 man KCH and a KT. 

It's hard to kill a TO.  I think all of the solid facts in this thread have pretty much stated this, with the opposite opinion being fueled by in-game experiences.  In game experiences have a lot to do with skill level, so lower skilled players will obviously lose their officers a lot more often than higher skilled players.  We can't balance something based on lower skilled players' experiences because then the higher skilled players would pwn with the officer.  We also can't make them very easy to kill, because then the lower skilled players would lose them even MORE, which would lead to more whining on the forums rather than the usual, logical response which would be getting better at the game.

terror 0 vet 3
        3 vet 2
        3 vet 1

us     3 vet 3
        3 vet 2
        4 vet 1

brit Cap

7 vet 2
      10 vet 1

brit lieutenant

1 vet 3
       7 vet 2
      10 vet 1

vet tables tell a different story....
 but we know not a complete story but it does say something about the situation....

Just an example of one of the ridiculous posts I saw when I skimmed this thread.  What exactly does this say about the situation?  I can't even believe the LT leaderboard was included.  That thing is integral to BRITISH play.  The TO is only a part of TERROR play.

On a side note, I wonder who that sexy guy is on the American Officer leaderboard with TWO vet 3's  Tongue

winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »

I play both sides. I can see the argument that he is not OP, i would respond with the unit isnt OP, its the slow aura that is.  It needs to be made smaller, or put in a timer ability.  I also think he is under priced. The defensive officer is 170 munitions, but to get his aura a t3 has to be used.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 07:28:16 pm »

Arguably the terror officer's offmap is better than the defensive one.  The defensive one has smoke warning and you cant hit moving infantry with it if the other guy is paying attention.

The terror stun grenade drop has no warning and rapes a squad/blob instantly.

Plus the slow aura is just ridiculous.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 08:20:24 pm »

Warning = Soldiers yelling "INCOMING!"  You can't pinpoint a location with this, but at least you know to keep your men moving so you can avoid the incoming off-map.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 11:27:51 pm »

On a side note, I wonder who that sexy guy is on the American Officer leaderboard with TWO vet 3's  Tongue

I had two officers up there that were vet 2 and a vet 3... they got hit by a panther and blew up into tiny, itty bitty pieces.... =(

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 11:38:08 pm »

the slow is just stupid imo. its an anti micro ability that requires none of your own..its retarded

"want to sticky a tank near me?" NO!

"want to dodge a nade?" NO!

"want to flank with assult troops and kill my officer?" NO!

this is the biggest problem with him imo. The 3 other officer types don't come close to his level of "friendliness" or ease of use imo.
Yep, on the money there.

Slow auras (and abilities) really bite the big one.  They'll be disappearing in the future.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 01:05:05 am »

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 01:05:13 am »

oh, did I mention I'm excited?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 02:27:26 am »

what will he get instead?

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 05:23:58 am »

what will he get instead?

Most likely temporary thing with 350 seconds cooldown

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 07:25:54 am »

the slow is just stupid imo. its an anti micro ability that requires none of your own..its retarded

"want to sticky a tank near me?" NO!

"want to dodge a nade?" NO!

"want to flank with assult troops and kill my officer?" NO!

this is the biggest problem with him imo. The 3 other officer types don't come close to his level of "friendliness" or ease of use imo.
Yep, on the money there.

Slow auras (and abilities) really bite the big one.  They'll be disappearing in the future.

The basic problem with officer was it's slow aura, as EiRMod stated it's going to be fixed, so it pwned Tyms thread.

Bye.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc