Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:32:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why?  (Read 3445 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: September 11, 2009, 04:31:26 pm »

I wasn't sure what to call this but it's just something I've notice and have seen no one bring up.

Look at the leaderboard and heck, most players on each side.

It seems most of the allied players tend to have a lower win % than their axis counterparts.

Is this all a question of the skill level or is it the units and doctrines from each side?

ATM, the warmap is pretty even, so the leaderboard doesn't exactly reflect the wins and losses that I've noticed on each side. So, tell me, why do the better axis players have much higher win percentages, especially on the wehr side, than do the brits and the us? A theory is that there are more newer allied accounts and it's kind of the beginner faction so there's a much higher amount of "stomps" it would seem. So is this a reflection on our wehr and pe players that they don't have the decency to avoid a stomp? I dunno, sometimes I wonder but I wouldn't exactly put that on them as sometimes they just want a game but I have seen several times where there'd be 2 or 3 full wehr games and a whole allied game full on their side and no one is switching because no one wants to play the other because they don't want to lose their precious vet or whatever.

So, another question is, is this fixable? Do we need to fix it? Is it easier to play as wehr in a new account than it is as an allied player? In my opinion it goes like this in ease of use with a new account.

Wehr
Brits
US
PE

I have a brit account and even though I don't play it very often and am not all that good I think, I'm 3-0, and in my old wehr account I was 2-0 but with my us account i tend to lose a few games at first before I can win some games and the same goes as pe, anyone have the same experience?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:39:58 pm »

Depends on the players that play stacks too.  A lot of those Axis players won't play unless they know either they've got a juiced team or the team they are playing against sucks.

I don't think using the leaderboards is a good way to make decisions about doctrines and units.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:47:26 pm »

This reflects what I believe to be a simple fact: we have too many primarily wehrmacht players.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 04:48:14 pm »

i dont think its right saying lot of axis only play on stacked teams without evidence?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:48:41 pm »

Depends on the players that play stacks too.  A lot of those Axis players won't play unless they know either they've got a juiced team or the team they are playing against sucks.

I don't think using the leaderboards is a good way to make decisions about doctrines and units.

Not really saying that. Just trying to create a discussion, but there is a disparity. Stacking goes for both sides. I'm in a game now, lvl 6 pe, and 2 lvl 8 allies join followed by a noob, i go 3v3 to try and get a good axis opponent to play with me and the noob and someone joins with another lvl 8 account on allies. so now there's 3 lvl 8's vs a 6 and a 1, i'm not going to get a teammate and we'll sit here forever.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:23 pm »

i dont think its right saying lot of axis only play on stacked teams without evidence?

I can get you evidence with SS's easy but high lvl's to tend to avoid each other alot. Case in point of the game i'm in, there's another 3v3 with 2 lvl 8 and a 7 wm in it and the 3 allies choose to join my game instead...
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:09 pm »

so the allies avoided the 2 lvl8 and lvl7 WM?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:38 pm »

Depends on the players that play stacks too.  A lot of those Axis players won't play unless they know either they've got a juiced team or the team they are playing against sucks.

Not really saying that. Just trying to create a discussion, but there is a disparity. Stacking goes for both sides. I'm in a game now, lvl 6 pe, and 2 lvl 8 allies join followed by a noob, i go 3v3 to try and get a good axis opponent to play with me and the noob and someone joins with another lvl 8 account on allies. so now there's 3 lvl 8's vs a 6 and a 1, i'm not going to get a teammate and we'll sit here forever.

Isnt that more of a issue related to a new or low level player joining a experienced player against two other experienced players or more?
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:56 pm »

Lol I would have joined that game on the Axis side Tym but sadly I have to leave town in about an hour.  I think you're right though, those two level 8's should definitely have gone to the other game with the Wehrmacht team.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 05:10:04 pm »

Too small community really, a lot of the social issues stem from this.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:22:04 pm »

Too small community really, a lot of the social issues stem from this.

Agreed. We're kinda like a big huge family.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 06:47:54 pm »

Most of the time axis is easier.   Like draken said, I can beat a level 8 allies with a level 1 axis account, but I can't beat a level 8 axis with a level 1 allied account.

Most axis doctrines are good right off the bat, where as a lot of allied doctrines require a t4 before becoming decent, and thus allies tend to have more losses till they reach rank 8.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:09:55 pm »

Ummm what about soem of the BritS? 

23 and 5, 18-3, hans has 2 accounts with total of 26 wins and 5 loses. 

It loks to me it depends....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 07:31:36 pm »

well i put easy of use brits 2nd. They're stronger than the americans and pe right off the bat but wehr is the easiest, brits 2nd, amis and pe are tied for 3rd.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:37:55 pm »

Brits are great from the get go and their early doctrine choises are awesome, though their later doctrine choises are not as potent.
RCA T4s - both of them are useless, for example.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc