Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:27:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scoreboard Lies?  (Read 2830 times)
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 27, 2009, 02:11:07 am »

Double armor vs SE + Terror

Look at this (the scoreboard) before you watch the replay.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1tkkqnfwtmm

Now watch the replay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ie1moe1nm0x
http://www.mediafire.com/?jtzynttiblt

I'm still pretty new to PE but I think I was pulling my weight pretty well in that game.  The hummel probably hurt me the worst.

Idk, maybe other people have different opinions, but I think we outplayed them but we somehow lost by vehicle attrition in the end.

Tips on improving gameplay would be nice.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:13:02 am »

Has anyone else noticed that if you add up all your points(infantry, vehicle and building), they don't add up to the total score?

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:14:46 am »

Uhh, sure, but this was more about how Struttin practically manhandled them and raped the scoreboard but was unable to give us the win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:01:40 am »

Might be struttin getting all the last hits on their units, but this looks like more than that. Maybe he also vet whored on top of getting all the kills? Did he pull a lot of vehicles or low-vetted infantry off the field?

There's plenty of ways to inflate your score (always killing blow on vehicles, whoring all your units) but nobody can fake being the limp meat of the team.

You also get "territory" points in coh, addding to your score.

edit: just watched the replay, and you have to realize that using a lot of inf hts impact your score even if they are expendable. i mean all your units died while struttin's 1st pak racked up 2 light vehicles and a tank. You traded units for units, he mostly didn't.

score is most negatively impacted by units dying without killing off equally valued units, even if your teammate is the one ganking them. you had a mortar ht dying without killing a single enemy in this game, for instance.

About the hummel, you should never call a hummel when you have 27 total pop and are barely holding on to the map. and a hummel to defeat light armor? lol

btw gay how struttings spawnbuffed panther can just freely kill a m18 and m10 that by normal play has ended up there 12 minutes into the game. this is exactly the same as someone calling out some bs immortal unit to counter yours when you try to rush a calli. they really should get rid of spawn buff after 5-10 minutes have passed to stop this from being exploited as it is so often.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:17:22 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 11:11:41 am »

Has anyone else noticed that if you add up all your points(infantry, vehicle and building), they don't add up to the total score?

Retreating infantry counts as losing infantry or something

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 11:25:33 am »

Also you lost a lot of units to bad decisions this game, especially marders and infantry that did nothing to hurt the enemy before they died/retreated.
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 11:39:45 am »

you played PE what do you expect? all that pe crap dies in notime and if your not very lucky you cannot finish off the most things....

while you micro the shit out of halftracks and marders and infantry the us player just need to sit or crawl slowly with some at guns and hmgs and throw in some vehicles from time to time
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 10:01:19 pm »

Smokaz I agree I played quite horribly this game.  I wasn't expecting the 4 sherman start (I think it was 4 shermans, not sure).  After I saw the first 2, which I handled decently, I wasn't expecting another pair, so I think that contributed a lot to my mtht dying. 

The hummel was a bad mistake.  I only brought it on because I always want to have indirect fire on the field, but in hindsight having it late game (when they had more stationary and squishy targets and less vehicles running around) would have benefited me more.

Thanks for the advice.  So far being inf ht heavy has worked out for me pretty well because I like the mobility that they provide for my army.  However I'm open to suggestions for what I could have instead of all those inf hts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc