Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:27:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Airborne Strafing Run Cont.  (Read 11817 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: September 29, 2009, 09:40:43 pm »

As I said, Its being changed to a delay and smoke.  I am happy and I feel it will work out fine.  No point in discussing it further, wait and see how it works out.

And BTW, Stormtroopers can be dodged.  Its called keeping a scout near your vehicles.  No way to scout strafing run coming!

If you are having trouble with strafe...Keep your storms in green cover.
That advice is about as logical solution as yours was.

I will not lock this thread if I am loosing my argument....can you say the same?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:54:53 pm »

"And BTW, Stormtroopers can be dodged.  Its called keeping a scout near your vehicles.  No way to scout strafing run coming!"

I lol'd when Anthony said that.  The scouting unit will detect the storms probably one time before the jeep gets blown to bits by a volley of shreks.  Then the storms will be on the prowl again.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:20:03 pm »

"And BTW, Stormtroopers can be dodged.  Its called keeping a scout near your vehicles.  No way to scout strafing run coming!"

I lol'd when Anthony said that.  The scouting unit will detect the storms probably one time before the jeep gets blown to bits by a volley of shreks.  Then the storms will be on the prowl again.

Ah yes, but Shrek storms cost sooooo much muni it makes it balanced.
Beside, we always keep mutiple jeeps and brit recon squads around to keep us safe from the Storms.
Or the argument I love is "they take extreme micro" so it's OK they inst Gib your armor.

I am very disappointed the Devs have taken a good counter to Storms and nerfed it.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:39:12 pm »

tank, have 3 ab squads with rrs strafed insta pinned and run over .. Oh wait... Not much of that is aroud besides... Oh wait... Terror grens and they are considered to be OP. 

Right now the best thing against shreks are INsta pinning Tank shock of doom.... And strafes... Both of which there is no defence against. 

Strafes, I would not mind them as much if tyou could shoot the plane down feilding 2 ostwinds, or 4 pumas or some anti air.   But unless your playing with a whirlbind player, and even then it gets through... 

Want to keep the of map instant?  Want to keep it side to side strafe where you are firing before u enter the map on maps such as nunen?  , Fine i am all for it... Make the plane take a hit and crash.   

Tank, before you get all angry, just play with storms, Try it, honestly... Just try it.  Put 4 storms or better yet 5 even.... and try it or just try it with 3 or 2 squads. 

See how well it works for you, i bet you get destroyed, and thats without the Strafes facing you or tank shock.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:40:11 pm »

so because storms take lots of micro, its ok they insta-rape tanks because they are invisible?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 12:58:02 am »

I propose this idea :

Take the enemie's shoes day!

Airborne can now cloak, don't have fire up, and their RRs are replaced with shreks.
Stormtroopers are equipped with RRs, can not cloak, but have fire-up instead.
Sherman gets the P4 gun, P4 gets the sherman upgun.
PE get's the staghound instead of the AC, WM gets the T17 instead of the puma. According changes to US and CW.
Rangers can now cloak in cover with extra dmg and accuracy on the first shot.
Falls get elite infantry armor and fire up, as well as the nuclear pineapple.
.30 cal gets MG42 stats, MG42 gets .30 cal stats and AP rounds.

etc.

Would take a hell long of a time to code, but it would be so nice to let people who only play one side see how powerful the units they have troubles against are in the hands of themselves. Could add a whole new dimension to the balance forums.

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 01:33:48 am »

I locked the the other thread because there is no point in discussing it any further until we play with the changes to see how it will work.

But go ahead argue with eachother till your blue in the face.  The change is coming anyway...

As for the stormtroopers.  I played against wildsouls i think the other day.  He has the T1 buff RCA gets that buffs Recon Tommies sight range and detects stealth.  He kept a 2-3 squads of them on the front and my storms cloak was made useless.  Anytime I got close they were detected.  That is smart play and if more people used scouts in front of their tanks storms would get owned.

I am done arguing with anyone about Strafing Run until the changes come in.  No point until then.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:48:45 am by anthony210 » Logged

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 02:50:57 am »

Just because you are done arguing, doesn't mean everyone else is finished discussing it anthony.

Plus it hasn't been changed yet, nothing has.

Personally, adding smoke is enough.
While I see the comparison with precision strike, it's still not a great one.
Precision strike is designed around clearing support weapons, invariably static targets, that are not always being watched.

Strafing Run, while hard to dodge, is more than likely going to be targeting units, already moving and already being watched.
Units that will be advancing onto a soft target most of the time, it won't be hard to change the line of advance when you see smoke, unlike with a mortar or a pak, both of which have a pack up time before moving.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:36 am »

Well, anthony, recon tommies are OP in general, as I have stated roughly 20 times over in various threads, giving my recon tommy army as hard evidence No. 1
There is no reason such a cheap unit for 5 pop should be able to do this much : spot, detect cloaks, detect mines (!), snipe, cap and be an effective combat unit, all at once. You don't even need the T1 buff to make them detect from forever away. They counter pretty much every single wehr strategy out there, except 4 MG blobs.
So, because one OP unit negates another OP unit, it doesn't mean that the negated OP unit isn't OP against everything else.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 06:24:13 am »

Agg, your right it hasnt.  But its coming in the patch as announched by Akranadas.  Unless he comes posting that its not being changed lets assume it is.  Thus there is no point in arguing about it until we test it right...

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:42 am »

tank, have 3 ab squads with rrs strafed insta pinned and run over .. Oh wait... Not much of that is aroud besides... Oh wait... Terror grens and they are considered to be OP. 

Right now the best thing against shreks are INsta pinning Tank shock of doom.... And strafes... Both of which there is no defence against. 

Strafes, I would not mind them as much if tyou could shoot the plane down feilding 2 ostwinds, or 4 pumas or some anti air.   But unless your playing with a whirlbind player, and even then it gets through... 

Want to keep the of map instant?  Want to keep it side to side strafe where you are firing before u enter the map on maps such as nunen?  , Fine i am all for it... Make the plane take a hit and crash.   

Tank, before you get all angry, just play with storms, Try it, honestly... Just try it.  Put 4 storms or better yet 5 even.... and try it or just try it with 3 or 2 squads. 

See how well it works for you, i bet you get destroyed, and thats without the Strafes facing you or tank shock.

Puddin....my axis account already has storms. I play as Panzer130.
I have no vet on my storms as I do not play axis often.... for that matter, I have almost no vet on my allied account and I play that almost everyday...lol. I never vet horde as I feel that is unfair to your team mates when you retreat and leave them to fend for themselves.
I digress.
You and I have had this discussion about Storms on vent. I told you I have nothing against you personally, but the Devs need to take a serious look at Vet on Storms. The Vet 3 shrek Storms you have are insanely OP. Even when we used AI - lots of AI, your storms just sat there and destroyed them. If they were not a massively OP unit, you would not be using it. We lost our game to you in the first 10 minutes because nothing we fielded could counter your Vet 3 Storms. Our recons were useless because your storms defeated anything we sent.
While you feel great collecting a win, you have also posted on many occasions that people dislike you and do not want to play with you. I personally refuse to play with you because the Devs have allowed a massively OP vet3 unit in the game and you use it. I realize it may be difficult to get it to vet 3, but just because it's difficult does not mean it is balanced.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 07:34:47 am »

I locked the the other thread because there is no point in discussing it any further until we play with the changes to see how it will work.

But go ahead argue with eachother till your blue in the face.  The change is coming anyway...

As for the stormtroopers.  I played against wildsouls i think the other day.  He has the T1 buff RCA gets that buffs Recon Tommies sight range and detects stealth.  He kept a 2-3 squads of them on the front and my storms cloak was made useless.  Anytime I got close they were detected.  That is smart play and if more people used scouts in front of their tanks storms would get owned.

I am done arguing with anyone about Strafing Run until the changes come in.  No point until then.

Your argument was in regards to American strafing run, but you suggest a CW counter to Storms.
As an American player I can use a jeep to scout. Unfortunately most skilled axis players remove that jeep as quickly as possible allowing their invisible units to continue their work.

What I truly find amazing is the axis defense is always the same:
Shrek storms are huge munis, they are micor intensive, they die easy.... But for some reason you continue to use this over priced, micro intensive, weak unit. Why would someone of your high level of intelligence continue to use such an inferior unit. I must commend you on your selflessness to continue to make the sacrifices needed to allow the weak units of this game an opportunity have their moment in the spot light.
You truly are a man of honor for what you have done...I applaud you.
Unless of course this is all bullshit and you use the unit cause it is invisible and rapes Armor.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:09:13 am »

What I truly find amazing is the axis defense is always the same:
Shrek storms are huge munis, they are micor intensive, they die easy.... But for some reason you continue to use this over priced, micro intensive, weak unit. Why would someone of your high level of intelligence continue to use such an inferior unit. I must commend you on your selflessness to continue to make the sacrifices needed to allow the weak units of this game an opportunity have their moment in the spot light.
You truly are a man of honor for what you have done...I applaud you.
Unless of course this is all bullshit and you use the unit cause it is invisible and rapes Armor.

/Phaud mode (with funny spanglish accent)

hoho yes!

tis funny cause da' storms dont die easily, and they make up their cost like 3 times over in armor kills.

Tank is being the sarcastic cause Anthony knows storms are mucho strong even though he plays it off like they are the worst unit in the world... and their not.

ho yes, I see the funny!

/Phaud mode

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 03:15:13 pm »

Look, Puddin's storms are only OP because he spams them.  Normal blitz players do not have 5+ storms with double schrecks.  I only have 3.  And I get unlucky quite often with those and they end up being retreated.

If they remove the cloak on storms there will be ZERO reason to use storms other than MP44's and even those kinda suck.  The schrecks themselves are already extremely expensive.  If they only allowed a single schreck they would have to decrease the price way down from the current 300.  I am talking more like 120 for the single schreck.  I would be ok with that but the problem is it wont change anything because now instead of 3 squads ill have 6.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:17:50 pm by anthony210 » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »

Look, Puddin's storms are only OP because he spams them.  Normal blitz players do not have 5+ storms with double schrecks.  I only have 3.  And I get unlucky quite often with those and they end up being retreated.

If they remove the cloak on storms there will be ZERO reason to use storms other than MP44's and even those kinda suck.  The schrecks themselves are already extremely expensive.  If they only allowed a single schreck they would have to decrease the price way down from the current 300.  I am talking more like 120 for the single schreck.  I would be ok with that but the problem is it wont change anything because now instead of 3 squads ill have 6.

Your right, but id prefer if storms cloaked in cover or just had cloak and didnt disappear in the middle of a firefight in negative cover vs a tank or somethin.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
patton461321 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 06:32:10 pm »

Why does everyone hate everyone else?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 07:07:55 pm »

Because we are all bickering little girls that only wish to have our particular faction buffed, and all the others we fight against nerfed.  Roll Eyes
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:00 pm »

Why not just make storms go even slower when they are cloaked?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »

Well... now you are getting a little closer, but still out to lunch.
The problem with storms is not the shrek or shreks themselves or the cost of said SHreks. The problem is they are invisible units that walk right up to your armor in the middle of a fucking field and insta rape it.
Your right; If it did not cloak, it would be useless. Axis players use it for one reason only...it is a fucking invisible insta rape unit.
Soooo...... uncloakable Storms would be like Strafe with warning...Duh!!! Right back where we started.

Something to keep in mind here. I am not an airborne player. I have never used strafe and I am not bitching as an allied player only. As an axis player I have been strafed a couple of times. It pinned me and I lost a couple units. Sucked at the time, but so does loosing any units to any counter. What I found really disgusting was how easy it was to take out armor with my Storms..... Yup, they are micor intensive, but insta rape is sooo worth it. Too bad it is a bullshit unit that has no place in the EiR environment.
whiskey45 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »

Oh so many times ive tried to "insta-rape" a firefly or what-have-you in the backfield, only to be pushed constantly for 15 seconds until either support arrives and kills/retreats my storms, or they are all miserably crushed to death without a 3rd shot...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc