Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:40:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pak/Mud Vs Puddin/lionel23 (unoriginal spam)  (Read 7691 times)
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 11, 2009, 03:15:54 pm »

Hey look another spam game....guess whats spamming this time around....ah fuck it its tetrachs and piats vs stugs and pe support at ht and stg44s. theres some vet 3 rangers and other vetted allied junk but as always vet horders save the best for last...either ways a good replay showing how to counter spam.

http://www.filefront.com/14703563/comedylulz.rar
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 03:18:46 pm by Pak88mm » Logged

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:53:39 pm »

Hilarious little fight.

Huge blob of PIATs and Tetties...xD and more vet than anything else. Although, you guys seriously need anti tank guns to deal those StuGs. That's the only thing that counters StuG spam. Or then 2 Fireflies and a command tank

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
n8d0g Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 12:55:48 am »

I don't actually understand people's problem with spam-age games.

I didnt realise companie had to conform to any particular model to play EIR.

Its not necessarily that I agree with it, but I do defend people who make those companies as they've done nothing wrong/ against community or game spirit to deserve a lot of the crap they receive.

I'd like to mention at this point that grief companies are another matter entirely. Those i do not approve of.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 01:02:16 am »

There's nothing really wrong with spam companies, just like there's nothing really wrong with taxes.  They're just annoying things that will always be there.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:21:18 am »

I dont sense any hostility in pak's post, I think you guys give his ability to be subtle way too much credit. He doesn't have that kind of emotional spectrum. Here's a Diagram of Pak's Emotional spectrum

Angry -- Toilet -- Not angry

Edit: Just watched the game. I thought lionel was exceptionally unlucky, he was counting on bars to supress the mp44s so his rangers could nade them and the bars got pinned by mines and halftrack fire at a crucial moment.

There's also the usual distinct lack of bravado in the allied team, where one player holds his units back expecting his allies to bear the brunt while his one-dimensional strat comes to bear.. lol. Wink

Still enjoyable game, if a bit one-sided.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:03:20 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:25:00 am »

there was abit of hostility in the game between puddin and pak but i think that was just from puddin being annoyed with the endless amount of stugs and lmg grens as well as a well supporting PE player.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 03:40:34 am »

Hilarious little fight.

Huge blob of PIATs and Tetties...xD and more vet than anything else. Although, you guys seriously need anti tank guns to deal those StuGs. That's the only thing that counters StuG spam. Or then 2 Fireflies and a command tank

It doesnt, ive had piat at guns and fireflies vs pak and they all get countered. Heck the stugs even beat my 3 vet pershings.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:32:17 am »

I didn't ever aprove of buffing StuGs - and Pak's company is the exact reason why.
The only cost effective counter to them is RR blobs, and all he needs to take them out is his LMG grens. If that fails due to air superiority, then there's still the ever awesome firestorm.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:39:47 am »

I didn't ever aprove of buffing StuGs - and Pak's company is the exact reason why.
The only cost effective counter to them is RR blobs, and all he needs to take them out is his LMG grens. If that fails due to air superiority, then there's still the ever awesome firestorm.

Not to mention the MG on top will just supress them anyway, and when fireup runs out he can just crush them.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 04:49:37 am »

At guns u guys heard of them... they kill stugs even against the frontal armour... i used 2 run with a stug or 2 in my blitz and i had to make sure they stayed away from atgs or they got smashed even if it was only 1 hit...

he might have a the terror buff on the stugs watever it is called.
BigDick
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 04:51:18 am »

stug zeal?  Cheesy
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 04:54:36 am »

At guns u guys heard of them... they kill stugs even against the frontal armour... i used 2 run with a stug or 2 in my blitz and i had to make sure they stayed away from atgs or they got smashed even if it was only 1 hit...

AT guns die fairly easier to the aforementioned firestorm, LMG grens and frankly - best way to kill an ATG with a StuG (seeing as they genereally have the top MG) is to rush it and decrew it. You won't lose a single StuG from your 2-3 StuG blob doing that.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 06:15:17 am »

stug zeal?  Cheesy

yes!!!! lol no the tank buff in tier 4 i think...

umm yer but i think pak is only 1 who uses stug blobs...

i have rarely seen axis players blob vehicles as it is 2 costly and uses all ur pop most of the time.
tankspirit668 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 06:45:35 am »

AT guns die fairly easier to the aforementioned firestorm, LMG grens and frankly - best way to kill an ATG with a StuG (seeing as they genereally have the top MG) is to rush it and decrew it. You won't lose a single StuG from your 2-3 StuG blob doing that.

Yep, they do. But let`s don`t pretend it`s just a problem with STUG Spam. THe problem gets worse if you see it from the axis point of view. Considering the allies light vehicles performing good for even lower pop and costs than the stugs.  And we are seeing vetted stugs with the doctrine buff of mounted mgs here.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 07:40:26 am »

1. All allied light vehicles that are not quads or below are 8 popcap. StuGs are 8 popcap, as well.
2. Mounted MGs are not a doctrine buff.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 07:47:25 am »

Damn Mys I was about to say that too!  Stugs and allied light vehicles are the same pop, and mounted MGs are also non-doctrine and, from my experience, seem to be much more powerful (suppression wise) compared to any other tank in the axis arsenal.

The stugs are able to easily counter tank destroyers and Shermans, unlike Stags and T17s which are - at best - light tanks (like Stuarts), they don't take many hits compared to a Sherman or Pershing, yet they aren't that great against tanks (of course, even the greyhound is good against tanks if it gets behind even a P4 while the P4 deals with a baiting target).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 07:51:17 am »

Tbh two tetrarches which I assume had littlejohn failed to take down one stug in this replay because they were fighting it in cramped quarters and being microed poorly. At any rate this game would have gone to pak since he was willing to let his vet die to win.

If people start saying stugs are OP because one player uses them in a very particular fashion, I'm going to laugh.

A single stug does not beat up tank destroyers or light vehicles, it gets circled and avoided or destroyed. Two stugs working in tandem.. well that plays into the whole attempt to get behind the first stug, its just good play not stugs becoming OP.

Zooks are also flank weapons against tanks (1.6 rear modifier anyone?) so you are not supposed to engage armor from the front with them. They kill bikes, pumas, armored cars etc if those units get close from the front, but its always funny when people try to go mano-e-mano against panthers, stuhs and tigers with rangers.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:57:26 am by Smokaz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 07:54:04 am »

The stugs are able to easily counter tank destroyers

not possible except the one with the tankdestroyer behaves like a sleeping pill

- no turret
- shorter range
- slower

and Shermans,

sleeping pill tank commander or 2 stugs against 1 sherman
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 08:03:13 am »

Well, first it was just me using recon tommy spam. Then you copied it. Then some other people. Now it's everyone's mainline unit which is on the verge of overshadowing tommies.
Don't believe me?
When I first started recon spam, there were 10 recon squads total. Now there's 50+ vet 3 ones.

Won't take long till people start picking up StuG spam as well.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:30 am »

I look to the heroes of ancient old, the first man to ever call in a volk and a mg in one callin. He was a real entrepreneur, a man with a vision that saw that recycling support weapons against infantry was a clever attrition tactic. Without access to the rgd's, fearlessily he claimed that volks did good against supressed targets and they could sniff out a flank before it turned into a threat. Jungles, deserts and abandoned temples of nameless gods - they posed no threat to him. He was - Indiana Supportspam.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc