Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:55:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Win Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2!  (Read 30879 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 06:29:11 pm »

its about even with Activision atm...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 06:42:51 pm »

I'd laugh about as hard if somebody said Activision was a "PC gamers friend".

No big publisher really is unless you count Valve as its own publisher (which it half is, given its electronic content delivery system).

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:40 pm »

Oh I don't know.

EA allowed BF2 modders to use models/files from expansions/booster packs within their modifications such as Project Reality.
EA also just released all the Booster packs as Free DLC to anyone who owns BF2
1943 and BFBC2 aren't going to be console ports, rather their own games on the PC,

EA has come a long way since 2005.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »

Nah, just wait 4 months and purchase Battlefield Bad Company 2,

EA is really becoming the PC gamers friend.

I agree, very smart of them. Alot of other companies are starting to abandon the PC market, so EA's like "Okay, we'll move right on in and be PC gamer friendly" very smart of them. Now...if they could only go ahead and give us madden '10 on PC like they freakin promised

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 07:00:44 pm »

It's an improvement, sure, but they're still nowhere near Valve or Tripwire when it comes to being friendly to PC gamers.

Plus they still produce underqualified crap games that are not nearly as good as were promised.

But other than that they're on their way at least.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 07:05:26 pm »

It's an improvement, sure, but they're still nowhere near Valve or Tripwire when it comes to being friendly to PC gamers.

Plus they still produce underqualified crap games that are not nearly as good as were promised.

But other than that they're on their way at least.

well thats because those two companies are heavy on pc gaming unlike EA was. They're turning back pc friendly now I think they're new suite of games will show that.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 08:45:50 pm »

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20091106/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_call_of_duty_holiday

I'm sorry.

It doesn't matter how much we decide to complain about the game and threaten not to buy it. Altogether this game is predicted to crank in more money in 3 months than all of the money generated by the movie "Titanic" which is the highest grossing motion picture ever made. 2 billion dollars!!!!  Our input means nothing. Sad
Goodbye COD  Cry

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 09:15:35 pm »

I'm just going to purchase it for the platform it was intended to be played on; the 360
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:44 pm »

I'm just going to purchase it for the platform it was intended to be played on; the PC

Fixed
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:50 pm »

Stop being stupid; it's a port if you buy it on PC. The PC has no real difference anymore, beyond mouse and keyboard control and the ability to type text.

It's built for 360, you can see that plainly in all demonstration videos.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »

sure, its built for the 360, but the original was built for PC and was essentially supported by PC gamers, not other platforms.  The fact they are basically ignoring PC gamers now is a bit ridiculous IMO...

Also, you can't seriously think console graphics or performance are seriously equivalent to PC graphics/performance.

Finally...if you think FPS' aren't best for PC, you're a moron.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 09:47:29 pm »

sure, its built for the 360, but the original was built for PC and was essentially supported by PC gamers, not other platforms.  The fact they are basically ignoring PC gamers now is a bit ridiculous IMO...

Also, you can't seriously think console graphics or performance are seriously equivalent to PC graphics/performance.

Finally...if you think FPS' aren't best for PC, you're a moron.

Of course, but you can't deny that its a console game, not a PC game; regardless of what the previous games were. Infinity Ward doesn't give 2 shits about the PC community when the console market is lined their shitters with money.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

The PC has no real difference anymore, beyond mouse and keyboard

for FPS games, that's a huge difference

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:48:07 pm »

I was goin to buy it for PC but my comp is dead. I'd rather castrate myself then buy it for Console. but honestly I'm so devastated or the dedicated server thing(Errr competitive gaming anyone?) and then they go and fuck over PC players by jumping the price. All because they want it to be played the way they designed it, and to be on par with the Console release? FUCK NO! You know the reason the PC market is becoming estranged, Dumb fucking shit like that. If i didn't get an Xbox 360 for dirt cheap I wouldn't own one. I absolutely loved CoD4:MW. Far as I'm concerned it's still one of the better competitive shooters out there. I liked that i was able to customie options to my PC and control what kind of Dumb fuck shit people used in the servers i joined. (Martyrdom... makes me rage just thinking it-Not because I died to it, but because someone is dumb fuck enough to take a perk that requires dying!) I'm gonna wait and see how the PC Multiplayer works fully before i decide to purchase it, because honestly I only play games with Multiplayer, for multiplayer. If i can't best someone whats the use? And if i have to follow the guidelines they developed and Pub it up then I'm fucked.

Also, because they want to make the PC version as accessable as the console version, am i going to be Limited to 5 people on a team when i want to jackoff and AC-130 a team of 20+?

Ohh god how it makes me rage! I wish i was on vent so i could have recorded that in all it's magnificent anger. while I'm at it, Fucking fat people need to lose weight.

I'm in a Rage indused coma so i'm not going to bother checking this for errors or language shit. Sorry for all the swearing Ak and Das.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 09:59:13 pm »

The PC has no real difference anymore, beyond mouse and keyboard

for FPS games, that's a huge difference

Yes, I agree it does; but in the PC version of MW2; you don't get the features you expect from a PC version. It's nothing more than a direct port with a inputs changed.

Man, you can't even fucking lean.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:29:41 pm by Akranadas » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:52 pm »

Everything on the 360 can be put on PC cuz it uses DirectX, in a way its just easier for a lot of companies to build for the 360 and port it to PC.

COD 4 Sales PC  13+ million
COD 4 Sales Consoles, 360+PS3 = 10+ million

so you see why we say it's stupid of them to ignore the wishes of the pc market? They're their biggest market.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 10:44:03 pm »

The onyl reason CoD4 sold so well on the PC market is the Competitive aspect. It attracts alot more players and then there is all the affiliated licensing agreements and assorted goodies to go with it. The the removal of Dedicated servers the community(typically fragmented US/EU) will have to create a mod simply as a workaround for competitive gaming. Infinity ward has already stated their trying to restrict the development of Mods for MW2 so there will be no help there. It's a shame really as, it is the largest expected game release in a very long time, with a killer buildup. Even if the game is a total disaster they already got the cash.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 11:12:24 pm »

Everything on the 360 can be put on PC cuz it uses DirectX, in a way its just easier for a lot of companies to build for the 360 and port it to PC.

COD 4 Sales PC  13+ million
COD 4 Sales Consoles, 360+PS3 = 10+ million

so you see why we say it's stupid of them to ignore the wishes of the pc market? They're their biggest market.

Where did you get your sales figures from exactly?

I did some quick research and found that COD4 only sold over 13 million units on all platforms, including the PC.

For COD4 to sell 13 million copies on PC, it would have to dethrone the likes of:

StarCraft
World of Warcraft
The Sims 2.

It's a popular game, thats for sure; but to sell 23 million copies itself across all platforms, it would then it would have beaten the likes of WoW and Super Mario Bros. 3, seriously... not going to happen. That's a copy for every single person in Australia.

My sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games http://au.gamespot.com/news/6206854.html http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/14338/call-of-duty-4-sales-pass-13-million-mark/
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 11:21:41 pm »

maybe he's included 10 million pirated copies Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 01:29:10 am »

maybe he's included 100 million pirated copies Wink
fixed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: