Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:25:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: game = dead?  (Read 14436 times)
WikingTheRuthless Offline
EIR Regular

« on: December 18, 2009, 02:18:21 pm »

What happened eir?

Logged in today for the first time in a long while and unfortunately on my old account I only played 2 games since the last reset(which seems like ages ago). So basically I'm prepared to get the ole beatdown, Massive PP advantage EIR style, no biggy, ill play some games get some pp maybe get back into this thing. Wrong

Log in to what I would consider a peak(ish) time for EIR, which is around evening in western europe.(usually when i'd notice the most amount of EIR players). To find 8 players online, 4 of which are AFK. One game up, 2 on axis and 1 on allied. These guys all have over 50+ games and knowing full well what is about to happen, I jump into the game anyways. What I know is i'm either going to get told to get the hell out, or for some reason my partner decides he enjoys losing and we get absolutely slaughtered on the battlefield, but i've accepted this fate already and I press the join button nevertheless.

"Wiking, get out please"
suprise, suprise - "oh really, ok"
*5 minutes pass, sounds of crickets*
"So you plan on taking him by yourself?"
"no I dont want to get stacked"

and that was that.

Now why make the topic? I'm curious as to the community and as to the game. Is this it? I mean you haven't had a reset in ages, noob advantages barely do anything, and it seems that everytime ive logged in randomly over the last 3 months there hasn't been many people online whatsoever.

Is it now just a mod to play with friends for a laugh, with a few of the more hardcore crowd still playing from time to time? Thats what it appears, and if its not quite at that point yet that is the road that it is heading because its nearly impossible to even get somebody to play with you while you lose the necessary games to have a competitive army. From the outside looking in it appears that the game was better off back before they reintroduced doctrines and advantages again.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:20:54 pm »

Actually you were just online at the wrong time, people will start coming in about now.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:21:15 pm »

lots of people waiting for a reset before they play again I think

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:25:49 pm »

BOW DOWN TO THE MASTER

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:32:51 pm »

who the hell have you been playing, smokaz?

Did the axis army mistake the area in front of your croc for a tanning bed?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 03:13:26 pm »

Ive been farming like crazy

btw its not dead, as you all can see theres a 67 xp croc on the leaderboard

its hard to mistake a flank sped croc for a tanning bed
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:17:01 pm by Smokaz » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »

The length of time without a reset is crazy - I havent been able to set it up for some time =/

Im going to do a little bit of programming on the Launcher just before Xmas, and you will more than likely get a surprise before new year =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 05:38:24 pm »

Naa i dont think that the game is dead. Only reason im not playing with my mates atm is prolly cos its getting a bit damp to join a game, only to be ganged up against lvl 8 leetzors with way too many SP's to be wasted on off maps, only to be aimed at your vet units. Nah..

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 06:23:08 pm »

Naa i dont think that the game is dead. Only reason im not playing with my mates atm is prolly cos its getting a bit damp to join a game, only to be ganged up against lvl 8 leetzors with way too many SP's to be wasted on off maps, only to be aimed at your vet units. Nah..
Pretty much the nail on the head there ;p
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:05:31 pm »

I wouldnt say the mods dead... just sleeping

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 09:13:48 pm »

Pretty much the nail on the head there ;p
pretty much...

and to Smokaz vet 3, i had one of those as well and i lost it to a flippin broken ass terror gren so yeah and I didn't have flank speed, it was on my infantry company, those things are epic at Vet 3 Cheesy

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »

I'm sure the regulars will start playing again once they get a hold of some of the stuff we have planned  Wink.

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 03:20:25 am »

As soon as a reset happens you will see more people playing again.  I know I will be back when it happens.

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 03:57:17 am »

EIR 4 LIFE

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 06:58:45 am »

As soon as a reset happens you will see more people playing again.  I know I will be back when it happens.

yea i think that's for sure.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 08:22:57 am »

I'LL PLAY AGAIN WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!1!!!11!

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 11:10:43 am »

I'LL PLAY AGAIN WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!1!!!11!

so around the same time we get a reset? Tongue
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 02:45:26 pm »

Things just need a simple reset, right now if your not level 8 you have to go beyond normal to just compete. I wish player level had less impact on game play, right now it just seems that the players who grind the most always win in the fact that they can field many more (not to mention better) units in comparison to a fresh company. This in my opinion through the prospect of newer players out the window as they are facing not only a big difference in skill but a huge difference in forces and options. If eir was truly balanced then the battle field should always be level with rank only increasing the number of tactical options and Varity of units, not affecting unit performance or numbers.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 02:47:35 pm »

so basically you want free filled out doctrines?  Or doctrines only giving you new units? (which leads to the same problem...) You know thats why lvl 8s win right? because they have maxed out docs?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 03:08:21 pm »

Skill level wins games.  I've gone 6-1 on a new brit company I made yesterday with 2 other friends who also made new brit companies.  Skill level and teamwork are always going to beat maxed out companies with commanders who don't know how to use them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc