Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:48:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad company 2  (Read 46222 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:14 am »

Jinker aren't you the negativity grinch? lol BC 2 is fucking awesome, they have really made an immense job on creating smoke/light - shade/texture so great on the game. I run it on full graphics and it looks amazing. I agree that there could be another map, since iv'e reached level 11 and its getting pretty fucking boring to play the same map over and over again. But the progress you have advancing in the game is just worth waiting for. Smiley

it is a *gasp* Beta...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 04:31:28 am »

I just got the demo for the 360, its made of pwn :O I just rape everyone with my sniper rifle.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 05:19:26 am »

I just got the demo for the 360, its made of pwn :O I just rape everyone with my sniper rifle.

Whenever I read the words 360 and "rape everyone" I think of buying a 360 and writing a programme that would allow me to use a mouse on it. Just for the fun of a 100-1 KDR.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 05:43:48 am »

Wouldnt care tbh, cos youd be sitting there playing like crazy while i lie back comfortably on my bed and shoot you in the back, just cos you have a mouse doesnt mean you run faster or shoot faster, if someone on a console shot you first youd die before him.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 07:45:14 am »

That's exactly the point - a mouse means a console user will NEVER shoot you first. You lying back would mean you're also far further away from the screen than I would be, further reducing your reaction time and accuracy(particularly at long range).
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 07:58:15 am »

sd

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 08:03:10 am »

Semi-auto shotgun + shotgun ammo upgrade = awesome.

Yeah, i was informed in various threads that the PC beta has some more glitches, that make assault rifles/machineguns/autoshotguns only shoot half of their bullets for real. So from a 30 round magazine only 15 will actually count.

That makes weapons like pistols/sniper rifles/shotguns be more effective. I use the shotgun aswell and it rapes if you get close. You can take out a whole squad before they knew what happened.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 09:04:31 am »

That's exactly the point - a mouse means a console user will NEVER shoot you first. You lying back would mean you're also far further away from the screen than I would be, further reducing your reaction time and accuracy(particularly at long range).

You cant see everywhere all the time tbh.

Is it just me or are grenades useless? I lobbed one at a sniper, lands imbetween his feet, blows up and he shoots me :/
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

Here a nice video from the Beta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhA9zhX6UM0
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »

Claudio, I wouldn't say that I'm being negative... more like realistic in this thread, where people can't seem to bring themselves back to reality from their first feelings of boyhood excitement that they got into an open beta. It seems that the title of this game has blinded many people, much as some boys can become booty blind if they can't handle getting some. Open Beta is the modern demo release. If you don't have you game smoothed out to the point where people are saying half of your bullets don't count... there is a lapse in quality control somewhere.

We all enjoy a great shooter. I stand by my statement that this is the same as battlefield 2 with destructible cover. Also, the environmental effects have been thrown in abundance, to the point where it is spammed. The blur effects are also way over-done. I have a feeling that much of this has to do with the current map they let you play on. Time will tell.

I am reserving a little hope that this game will be much better than what this sneak peak gives you, but until I hear some first-hand, objective opinions of it after release, this is far from my "must get" list.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »

Claudio, I wouldn't say that I'm being negative... more like realistic in this thread, where people can't seem to bring themselves back to reality from their first feelings of boyhood excitement that they got into an open beta. It seems that the title of this game has blinded many people, much as some boys can become booty blind if they can't handle getting some. Open Beta is the modern demo release. If you don't have you game smoothed out to the point where people are saying half of your bullets don't count... there is a lapse in quality control somewhere.

We all enjoy a great shooter. I stand by my statement that this is the same as battlefield 2 with destructible cover. Also, the environmental effects have been thrown in abundance, to the point where it is spammed. The blur effects are also way over-done. I have a feeling that much of this has to do with the current map they let you play on. Time will tell.

I am reserving a little hope that this game will be much better than what this sneak peak gives you, but until I hear some first-hand, objective opinions of it after release, this is far from my "must get" list.

its beta.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 04:46:04 pm »

Demon, that response has nothing to do with my post as a whole..... please rethink and repost. thanks. Also, the game releases very soon, so the beta state this far (especially since it is OPEN) usually represents the actual game state. Maybe some polishing and what not, ie I think they might tweak the weather effects and blur, but still...
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »

No your wrong. you have no inside information into BC2 so your Opinion is null.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2010, 11:43:56 pm »

It doesn't take a genius to look at modern games today and notice that the theme generally is that Open Beta = release.  They are going to clean up the server list (hopefully, I still don't understand how in the world they got this far without even having the filters work and the latency not display), but as far as game changing issues that Jinker has issues with, I don't see them changing that a whole lot.  Especially considering the problems that he has with it (too many effects, blur, etc.) isn't stuff fixed in open beta, considering none of those are really bugs with the game (other than the half-bullets thing, which I hope to god they fix).

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 01:48:59 am »

they have already stated many options are missing, including turning of certain effects = effects, blur, bloom.  need i remind you, the beta version is 1.5 gb. Retail version exceeds 15 gb.

Latency does display FYI
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 05:20:49 am »

bf 1943 will be better

no weapon grinding ftw :p

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 06:25:24 am »

They just tried to save time, and this seems to be getting more and more usual for game companies, to release a demo/beta and simultaneausly let the people find bugs.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 09:38:20 am »

They just tried to save time, and this seems to be getting more and more usual for game companies, to release a demo/beta and simultaneausly let the people find bugs.

its a great idea. This way there's less patches. I've found that games are better and there are way less patches when beta's come out. Also exploits are found quicker and killed off before the game is out. Of course there's always going to be more stuff but it's less than before and they're able to jump onto the next game quicker
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »

LOL demon, turn fanboy mode off please.

After playing this game more, I have to say that it is not very balanced between new players and those that have a few levels on them. This could be part of the reason my initial gameplay was so horrible. Sometimes this game can be fun, but it needs further balancing. With the uber intel from the devs you must have, perhaps you can tell us if this will be fixed? My bet is no, but im hoping to be proven wrong.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 07:27:44 pm »

no one has inside intel from the devs, just information they posted after whats in and not in beta

Dont call me a fanboy FYI
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc