Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:10:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad company 2  (Read 46251 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »

Might be your sound drivers
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 06:09:05 pm »

nevertheless the Australian servers that im lucky enough to connect through Play-now have no lag at all, which was to be expected.
Mine doesnt run smooth. getting 25fps, but ive been hearing ATI cards have been having some performance issues atm, but of course its beta so cross fingers this isnt permenent. Cuz i have a 3ghz Dual core. 2Gigs of ram and Ati 4850 HD card. OR it could jsut be the harddrive its installed on which is probably the case actually (starts thinking into reinstalling on new harddrive)

Baine did you buy it through steam?

Demon - http://www.gamearena.com.au/forums/3341/thread.php/5055971

Australian servers there, all added to your favourites.  The game rocks without lag/rego.  hopefully by the end of the week they'll come up with another patch that fixes some minor problems.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 04:31:38 pm »

need moar space for moar pins plox  !

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

i get that to when i use assault and engineers. im level 8 now

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 03:06:42 am »

Level 11, and there it stops.

Btw, I'm not crazy:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/882178-sound-problem-realtek-hd.html#post12530542

And here i posted in the discussion about the lack of prone. I'm glad it's not in:
We don't need prone. At first i was surprised it wasn't in. It took me some time to adjust. But 10 mins later it was fine.

I mean, it's already annoying enough when on the ATTACKING team 10 people just camp at the same position as snipers. Now imagine the hard ons they would get when they could go prone there. Next thing the whole team camps there, lying in wait, for the defenders to attack...

There's enough cover to get behind when crouching, we don't need prone. Also, if everyone was just using prone, the whole use of walls and buildings as cover wouldn't be there. That would drastically reduce the use of destruction 2.0 and thus reducing one of the biggest features of this game.

Why camping in some house, when i can lie in some grass? Why going into cover behind a wall, when i can lie somewhere else?

The lack of prone makes the game what it is now: Awesome, action packed, atmospheric shooter with lots of potential.
Don't let it become a campfest.

When action gets really hot, you see people running around, sometimes enemies and allies crossing paths, too busy to geti nto cover to shoot one another.

Best moment i had so far. We destroyed the second objective B and the next part of the map was opened up. I ran up that little hill from the objective crossing the street. THe surrounding was just awesome.

I mean everywhere i saw teammates running the same way, tanks driving and shooting, last defenders in a house, shooting back, the house collapses, burrying them deep. Bullets flying past, explosions, and in that seemingly never ending moment, i stopped on the street and looked to my left, where that guy(enemy) was standing, turning to me, while he was reloading or something, can't really tell, it looked like he just watched me unbelieving.
I raised my Thompson(yeah i love them for integrating WW2 weapons) and shot a burst across his body, then a cool deathanimation kicked in, he looked down his body, fell on his knees and then head first into the mud.

Then i proceeded to sprint on.

Now that awesome moment probably would have been ruined by a prone diver that would have just prone dived around...

My 2 cents
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:51:38 am by Baine » Logged

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 08:37:01 am »

Level 11, and there it stops.

Btw, I'm not crazy:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/882178-sound-problem-realtek-hd.html#post12530542

And here i posted in the discussion about the lack of prone. I'm glad it's not in:
We don't need prone. At first i was surprised it wasn't in. It took me some time to adjust. But 10 mins later it was fine.

I mean, it's already annoying enough when on the ATTACKING team 10 people just camp at the same position as snipers. Now imagine the hard ons they would get when they could go prone there. Next thing the whole team camps there, lying in wait, for the defenders to attack...

There's enough cover to get behind when crouching, we don't need prone. Also, if everyone was just using prone, the whole use of walls and buildings as cover wouldn't be there. That would drastically reduce the use of destruction 2.0 and thus reducing one of the biggest features of this game.

Why camping in some house, when i can lie in some grass? Why going into cover behind a wall, when i can lie somewhere else?

The lack of prone makes the game what it is now: Awesome, action packed, atmospheric shooter with lots of potential.
Don't let it become a campfest.

When action gets really hot, you see people running around, sometimes enemies and allies crossing paths, too busy to geti nto cover to shoot one another.

Best moment i had so far. We destroyed the second objective B and the next part of the map was opened up. I ran up that little hill from the objective crossing the street. THe surrounding was just awesome.

I mean everywhere i saw teammates running the same way, tanks driving and shooting, last defenders in a house, shooting back, the house collapses, burrying them deep. Bullets flying past, explosions, and in that seemingly never ending moment, i stopped on the street and looked to my left, where that guy(enemy) was standing, turning to me, while he was reloading or something, can't really tell, it looked like he just watched me unbelieving.
I raised my Thompson(yeah i love them for integrating WW2 weapons) and shot a burst across his body, then a cool deathanimation kicked in, he looked down his body, fell on his knees and then head first into the mud.

Then i proceeded to sprint on.

Now that awesome moment probably would have been ruined by a prone diver that would have just prone dived around...

My 2 cents

awesome

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 09:55:00 am »

i want to see sceen shot dam you, screeeeennnn shhhooots!!!
Griffith Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:01 am »

Can definitely agree with the no prone, and playing it a bit, the game is fantastic right now. Plus what could be better than getting a double kill by collapsing a building with an rpg =D

Deutschland Uber Alles In Der Welt!
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:58 am »

I'm getting tired of dust and snow covering up half my screen until a blind firing Bradley splashes me.

I played a lot of the first Bad Company and it was pretty fun, but there seems to be a lot more snipers in this one. In the first one none of the sniper rifles were one shot kills, now I'm getting nothing but insta-death and I'm sure they aren't all headshots.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 10:39:38 am »

One shot hits are only possible if you get shot to the head, then the deathmessage contains alittle crosshair. Either you played hardcore mode(i don't know for sure but guess sniper shots are one hit there) or you were hit before.

And yes, the snow is a bit too much, can't wait to see something else Tongue

I will try to get some screenshots or maybe even video for you guys after my exams tomorrow.

Another feature that makes the atmosphere so imersive is the combat chat. The things your character/enemies/friends say by themselves or when something happens.

For example i was shot by some guy, respawned, knew where he was, ran to the position, and killed him, and in the second i shot him my character just said "Payback's a bitch". I thought that was John Wayne cool  Cool

Or when your squad sits behind some wall, waiting for the enemy to come, you drop some ammo "Grab some ammo guys" when suddenly you hear the oh-so familiar *ping* and see how one of your guys drops dead because he got sniped in the head, and some guy screams "Sniper, get your ass in cover!!", or grenades landing next to you, "Grenade!", you kill a guy with a headshot and a teammate say "Fucking great shot man".

The characters swear so much in that game, it's pretty cool. When you get shot and he goes like "Fuck fuck, shit"
Or the moments like from Saving Private Ryan, when Jackson gets shot in the churchtower - same shit happened to me when i was in the apache with someone else.
We get shot, the apache burns, starts spinning, i lose control, and my char goes like "WE ARE HIT, GET THE FUCK OUT OF-" *bam*, big explosion.
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 12:01:13 pm »

Anyone else having a problem retaining vet? First game I got massive xp but since then it hasn't registered.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 12:14:36 pm »

I love atmosphere stuff like that. Man yall gonna make me pre-order dis game next week but i probably can't, freakin uh valentines day lo
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 01:33:16 pm »

Anyone else having a problem retaining vet? First game I got massive xp but since then it hasn't registered.

Only happened once to me that i lost 1 level.

Sometimes it's a server problem where it doesn't load all your unlocked weapons and such, sometimes it's just not ranked servers. Always be sure you are on ranked servers.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 02:11:07 pm »

Yea theres 2 problems with that.

sometimes after exiting your first game and try to join a second your player stats dont load into that server, so your stcuk at level 1 on that server. restart bad company 2 and it be fixed till it happens again. rinse and repeat.

when you join a server make sure the list of people playing dont have 000 next to their name, means its not a ranked or w/e server
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 01:40:36 am »

The characters swear so much in that game, it's pretty cool. When you get shot and he goes like "Fuck fuck, shit"
Or the moments like from Saving Private Ryan, when Jackson gets shot in the churchtower - same shit happened to me when i was in the apache with someone else.
We get shot, the apache burns, starts spinning, i lose control, and my char goes like "WE ARE HIT, GET THE FUCK OUT OF-" *bam*, big explosion.

I had a similar Saving Private Ryan moment, expect it fighting a tank while we were all hiding in a house. The tank killed us all Sad
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 02:02:46 am »

Might be OK if they have some halfway decent maps. The one you can play on is pretty lame. Gameplay is just like battlefield 2, except for the destructible shit. nothing to get too excited about. Would rather play EIRR.
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 02:17:54 am »

This may just be the end of all other FPSs (cept bf3 when it comes out, thin of the possibilties people Cheesy). Its so immersive, and that imo, is one of the best things about it. Love it, lights off, sound all the way up, phone off the latch (or on silent w/e floats your boat) and your set to go, its like being there (kind of).

Funniest thing happened, i was mucking around with some mate sin a server, shooting at tanks with pistols and Heavy MGs. A clan member, may have had the best timeing ever.... Was boncing bullets off of a friendly tank for lols, stops, enemy tank takes a crack at him, and our guy blows up just as he started firing the MG again, we thought it was the funniest thing ever to happen in the history of us playing that game, i had a video, but, for some reason, xfire doesnt like me and refuses to upload it (yes i record the majority of my games if i remember)

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
CBrClaudio Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 04:29:23 am »

Jinker aren't you the negativity grinch? lol BC 2 is fucking awesome, they have really made an immense job on creating smoke/light - shade/texture so great on the game. I run it on full graphics and it looks amazing. I agree that there could be another map, since iv'e reached level 11 and its getting pretty fucking boring to play the same map over and over again. But the progress you have advancing in the game is just worth waiting for. Smiley

Leave it to Akranadas to add an air of Nazi Death Camp Role-Call to a simple "help us improve EiRR survey sign up".

If you love Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it copy this and make your signature!!!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:14 am »

Everyones 11 now lol
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 02:36:39 am »

Semi-auto shotgun + shotgun ammo upgrade = awesome.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc